I Never Wanted This Lifestyle for Her

-Part Twenty-Four-

Image

---

JJ's***POV

I was way too excited I couldn't even keep still on the walk there.
Yea were so old school we'd rather walk everywhere other then drive.
Mikey was still grumpy about the eyeliner thing, which made me laugh every time I looked at him.

"Hey Pete." Bob mumured as they all exchanged hugs.
"You must be JJ." Pete said to me.

I nodded shyly and he laughed.
Bob just shook his head.

"I'm pretty sure you know who I am." He said as he held out a hand.

I shook it lightly and looked at the rest of Fall Out Boy and also shook their hands.
There was another boy there, no one I recognized but, he looked, cute.

"This is my nephew Blake." Pete said as I extended a hand towards Blake.

I shook his hand also.
It was warm and soft, I wanted to hold it forever.
Blake looked at me then looked away nervously.

"So, want to walk around?" Joe asked as we all nodded approvingly.

While we walked I stood between Pete and Patrick.

"Why is he so quiet?" I asked Patrick randomly, out of ear shot of Blake.
"He gets nervous around people he doesn't know. He's a pretty shy kid. Once you get to know him, he'll never shut up." Patrick said as I giggled.

We browsed through a random store while I kept sneaking glances at Blake.
I stood next to Ray as I pretended to be reading a comic book as I strained to listen to what Pete was talking to Blake about.

"Just do it Blake. I can see you like her. Just talk to her." Was all that I heard, and I immediately went red.

Maybe Pete wasn't talking about me though.
Maybe just giving him advice about a different girl.
I manuvered (sp?) through different rows until I spotted Bob and stood next to him, wondering what he was doing.
Blake soon showed up at my side as I smiled.

"H-hi. Do you want to go get some coffee or something? I mean i-if you want to." Blake said shyly as I looked at Bob.

He slowly nodded and I eased my way out of the store with Blake.
We ordered our coffee in silence, until we sat down the real conversation started.

"So, how old are you?" He asked as I took a couple of sips before I answered him.
"13, you?" I asked him the same question.

He smiled from behind his black rimmed glasses and black hair.

"15." He replied as I nodded.
"So do you live with your uncle, or are you just visiting?" I asked him.
"Half and half. He is someone I can run away to. He takes care of me a lot. When my parents don't." He said as I felt bad.
"I'm sorry." I said as he just shook his head.
"It's alright." He smiled.

His smile made me stomach flip and turn.
He made me laugh a lot.
Without even trying I blushed.

"Looks like you two are having a good time." Pete said as we both nodded in unison.

We had already exchanged phone numbers and even had three cups of coffee when they decided to even show up.

"I think your parents might be expecting you home JJ." Mikey said as he looked at his watch.
"Alright." I sighed as I picked myself up off of the warm seat.
"We could give you a ride if you want." Andy said as he noticed we walked here, which meant we would have to walk back.
"If it's not too much." Ray said as they all shook their head.
"Nonsense." Joe laughed as we all squeezed into the van.

***

"Bye JJ." Blake said as I waved to him and held his number close to me.
"Fallen in love already hmm?" Bob asked as I glared at him.
"No Boob!" I said as I ran into the bus.

I saw dad ((Gerard)) sitting on the couch drawing, again, and my other dad no where in sight.
I ran to the hall way and opened his curtain slowly.
He was in there reading and I hopped into his bunk with him.

Frank's***POV

"Oof. Hey JJ." I said as I placed my book somewhere to the side.
"Hello daddy." She said as I smiled.
"So, anything good happen. Your smiling awfully big." I said as I sensed something happened.

Father sensers I tell you.

"Maybe." She said dreamily.

Oh great, she met a guy.

"Do tell." I said as I got interested.
"Well, there was this guy. Named Blake. He is the nephew of Pete. We talked a lot. He's 15 though. But, we exchanged numbers just incase we wanted to talk ever again." She said as I smiled.

Her first crush.
I think.
At least that I know of.

"I don't know if I like him though. Maybe as a friend, but I know he doesn't think the same. I'm so confused dad." She said as she nuzzled her head into my chest.

She breathed in deeply as I rubbed her back for comfort.

"Maybe you like him, just a little. I can sense it." I said as she just giggled.
"Maybe." She shrugged.
"Oh yea, dad wants to talk to you." I said as she looked at me.
"Yes, dad, you, talk, now." I said as she just giggled again and left towards the 'kitchen'.

Gerard's***POV

"Dad said you wanted to talk to me daddy." JJ said as she slinked onto the couch next to me.
"I talked to your tutor today." I said as I glanced at her face, that drained of color.
"She said your doing pretty good. Your worst subject is reading aloud though." I said as she sighed.
"So. I want you to read to me every night. Any book I don't care. Frank and I agreed to have you read every night to either one of us just to get you good at it." I said as she ran a hand through her hair.
"I hate reading." She said finally as I smirked.
"Lies, you love reading." I said as she nodded.
"Not outloud. I have the worst voice ever for reading and singing and for even talking." She said as she stared at the ground.
"No you don't JJ. Just promise me you'll read to one of us every day." I said as she just giggled.
"You make it sound like im the adult and your the kid."
"Damn it JJ. Just promise me." I said as I laughed too.
"Fine. I promise. On two conditions." She said.
"Name it."
"I want my hair like you used to put it, red in the middle and I want a lip piercing. I refuse to read unless done so." She said as I narrowed my gaze at her.
"The hair you can do. I don't know about the piercing." I said as her smirk turned into a frown.
"Please daddy. I'll even read for an hour if I have to." At this I smirked.

She always bargained.
Which I could work with.
Actually, I loved it.

"Fine. You read for an hour and the lip piercing is yours." I said.
"What's the catch? There is always a catch." She said as I rolled my eyes.
"Can't dye or pierce anything till you read to me for one full hour for a month." I said as her jaw nearly dropped to the floor.
"Are you kidding me! A whole month!" She exclaimed as I nodded.
"Yes JJ, a month. Then you can get your hair dyed and done and a piercing."

I looked at her face and I knew she was thinking it over.
She had to make sure I wasn't ripping her off.

"Fine, you have a deal." She said as she extended her pinky.

We pinky promised and she remained sitting there as I resumed drawing.
Her cell phone went off and her eyes lit up as she pulled it out.

"I should, uh, take this." She said as I nodded and she went outside.