I Never Wanted This Lifestyle for Her

-Part Fifty-Five-

Image

---

The next day, it was Tuesday, and it meant I had Science, then P.E.
And what do you know, Quinn was joining me in both classes.
During Science, we didn’t pay attention much to the monotone voice going over the lab procedures, and what the course was going to teach us.
We were both putting together a list of songs that we would love to cover, and narrow it down to a 10 song compilation.

Quinn_is_a_Sinn: I’m finished with my list.
LGFUAD_JJ: It’s so hard to pick just 10. How did you do it?! :/.
Quinn_is_a_Sinn: Haha, I just picked songs that mean something to me.
LGFUAD_JJ: Well, here’s my freaking list then.
1) Mad World by Gary Jules.
2) Swing Life Away by Rise Against.
3) The Truth About Heaven by Armor For Sleep.
4) “The Take Over, The Breaks Over” by Fall Out Boy.
5) Mr. Brightside by The Killers.
6) My Heart by Paramore.
7) I Believe I Can Fly by Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies.
8 ) Such Great Heights by The Postal Service.
9) Umbrella by Scott Simons.
10) Here We Go Again by Paramore.

Ouinn_is_a_Sinn: And here’s mine.
1) Smother Me by The Used.
2) Cat and Mouse by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.
3) You Are The Moon by The Hush Sound.
4) Tonight, Tonight by The Smashing Pumpkins.
5) Wake Me Up Inside by Evanescence.
6) Dance, Dance by Fall Out Boy.
7) All Around Me by Flyleaf.
8 ) Clothes Off by Gym Class Heroes.
9) The Conversation by Motion City Soundtrack.
10) Behind The Sea by Panic At The Disco.

LGFUAD_JJ: Most of those songs are sung by a girl and, who do we know that plays piano? Maybe I can see if Bob and someone else will help us make this.
Quinn_is_a_Sinn: Well aren’t you observant, and I can play piano. I was wondering if you wanted to just do acoustic, or to see if anyone would help us out. I think it would be a good idea for you to talk to someone about helping us out. We can’t do this all alone.
LGFUAD_JJ: Good point.
Quinn_is_a_Sinn: The bell is going to ring. Yay for P.E.
LGFUAD_JJ: Ew, P.E.

“I hate P.E too.” He said as we made our way out of the room, bags in hand, and were walking towards our separate locker rooms.

I was soon assigned a locker right next to a short chubby girl, and a girl who wore too much make-up in one of the last locker rows, and changed into my P.E clothes that they too, assigned me.
As I made my way out of the locker room, the girls that I changed next to were staring at me.
My gaze was cast downwards until I almost ran into some kid that was in a hurry to get somewhere.

“What the- Oh wow..” He trailed off as he looked me up and down and apparently forgot about whatever he was in a hurry for.
“I’m Adam Gentry.” He said as he thrust his hand towards me.
“JJ Iero-Way.” I said as I shook his hand, and he continued to stare at me.
“Nice to meet you JJ, if you didn’t know, I’m the captain of our JV football team this year.” He said randomly as I nodded in acknowledgement.
“I guess your not much of a talker.” He said as I nodded again.
“I’ll make you talk soon enough. I get everyone out of that shell.” He nearly whispered in my ear as he jogged off without another word.

I shivered at the thought of what he really meant and continued to walk to the gym.
I entered the gym, in search of Quinn, and found him amongst the 30 or so other students in our class.

“This is so fucking stupid.” He said to me as I raised an eyebrow.
“We have to do our yearly physical education test, thing.” He said as I giggled at his word usage.
“And that is?” I questioned.
“We have to run a mile under a certain time, do a certain number of pushups, and even more shitty things.” He said as I felt a twinge of nervousness.

I’ve never done many physical things.
Yeah, running around or something, but not much more.

“I don’t know if I can do this.” I whispered to him quietly as we all stood around as he took roll.
“Everyone’s nervous their first time they take this. It’s normal. If you honestly don’t even want to try, I would tell Mr. Arrow first. But I should warn you first, that he might even make you do something else, even worse then what we are going to do.” He said, loud enough for only me to hear, as Mr. Arrow called my name.
“Here.” I nearly yelled, as half of them turned around.

Some gave me dirty looks, and others looked like their eyes were going to pop out of their head.
It made me irritated on the inside, so I ignored their looks as Mr. Arrow continued down the list of names.

“As all of you may know, yes, we are taking the test today. Let’s get started with our stretches first, then do the rest of the exercises before we run the mile. Let’s go!” He said as he held the clipboard under his arm and disappearing into the boy’s locker room, where I assumed his office was.
“Line it up!” Some boy yelled, as Quinn and I shrugged at each other and lined up in a random line.

We finished our stretches, and were doing our exercises.
For one, we had to sit down, and reach over and touch our toes, which I could do easily.
Another was for flexibility, was to see if my hands could touch each other behind our back, which was another I could pass easily.
One of the last ones we had to do were push ups and sit ups, which I did both amazingly, partnered up with Quinn.
Now, it was time for our mile.
Was I nervous?
Most definitely.
I’ve never ran a mile, straight up.
Who does that anyways?

“It’s your last chance out.” Quinn stated as we all went outside and lined up.
“I’m okay. Just run with me?” I asked shyly as he smiled, and nodded.

As we started, and ran together, a little ahead most of the people, I felt like I could do this.
It IS just running, isn’t it?
We started on our second lap, and then our third lap, but by this time I was burning up, and I felt like I couldn’t breathe, but I still ran.

“Let’s sprint this.” Quinn huffed as his bleached mop of hair flopped around, and we started running even faster than before, for our last two laps.

We started on our fourth and final lap, and this is where I started having some difficulties.
Not only was it hard to breathe, but to see as well.
Was running a mile supposed to be like this?

“I’m going to beat you.” Quinn laughed as he was running ahead of me, and I slowed a bit.
“I-I can’t breathe.” I said, at least I think I said it, as I slowed down even more.

I couldn’t feel any part of me, and I didn’t even know I was breathing or not.
The last thing I remember was my legs giving in, and I toppled over onto the track.
Black spots blurred my vision, until all there was, was black.
What happened to me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooohhh cliff hanger :P.
OKAY, so about the playlists, I want you guys to vote (IN COMMENTS CAUSE..YOU LEAVE THOSE DON'T YOU ?!) which playlist you would want to hear more.
Playlist One = JJ's.
Playlist Two = Quinn's.
SO DO IT. Cause if you don't, I won't post the chapter where I use those playlists..
The voting will end once I start writing that chapter (which is REALLY soon).

45 effing subscribers and two comments? I feel the love :/