Status: Completed

Bottom of the Blackest Hole

A Reason Behind

I woke up the next morning to a shrill cry from outside. Startled, I untangled myself from my blanket and ran outside.

Courtney was sitting on the couch with a magazine in her hands.

“What’s wrong, Courts?” She didn’t reply back except handing me the magazine.

“How to lose a man in thirty days?” my eyebrows creased.

“No,” then she pointed to the next page. My eyes widened as I read the article.

Josh Anderson, Top Bachelor, Taken Yet…Again?

Just yesterday, around six in the afternoon, pictures were sent to our company about the secret meeting of Josh and a woman. She claims to be pregnant, or so we heard. The only questions zooming our heads are, is Josh finally moving on? Who is this lucky or unlucky woman? Is she telling the truth? We don’t know for sure yet, but surely we will find out. Go to our website to look at more pictures taken of them.


“What the?” I asked, extremely confused, “What’s going on?”

I turned to Courtney. “Geez, you really don’t know? Didn’t he tell you who he was yesterday?”

I shook my head silently. “Well, you’ll find out sooner or later.”

I crinkled my nose, “Why don’t you just tell me?”

“Because,” she took a deep breath, “I don’t know who he is either.”

--

As I walked to work later that morning, I’ve been getting looks from people walking by me. Not a lot, but some. A gust of wind blew my hair over my face so I tucked it back down in my ear and hugged closely to myself, rubbing my stomach unconsciously as well.

I opened the door to the gallery I worked at but paused and looked up. Anderson Gallery. Why does it sound so god dang familiar?

Brushing the thought off, I walked in. The warmth of the room made me smile.

“Good morning, Jonathon!” I said to my friend worker. He smiled uncertainly at me and waved. Usually, he’d be jumping up and down, giving me a hug, and running off.

“Um, you okay?” I asked.

“Yeah, um, we’re having an art show today in the afternoon. The artist and his whole family are coming too.” He said in a suggestive tone. I didn’t notice the tone.

“Really? Do you think he’ll sell one of his paintings to me for a cheaper price?” I asked, completely excited.

“You might get it for free…,” he muttered.

“What was that?” I questioned as I hung my coat in the locker room.

“Oh, nothing. Hey, um, Bailey, if I asked you a question, would you tell the truth to me?”

“Sure,” what was I going to lie about anyways?

“Are you pregnant?”

The question took me off guard.

“W-what?”

“Are you pregnant?” he repeated.

I sighed and look down at my feet. I’d have to tell everyone I knew somehow, “Yes.”

He didn’t let the topic drop there, “With the Josh?”

I groaned loudly, “Not you too!”

“Well?”

“Yes, okay? It was my first night in the city and my friend/roommate suggest we go to a club. I was so drunk!” I blurted out.

“So, you’re not lying?”

“No!” I yelled exasperatedly.

“You know, his dad owns-” I interrupted him without even knowing it.

“What’s so special about him anyways? Is he a model? An actor? A singer? He was so mean when I met him!”

“Maybe he has a reason behind his attitude. Maybe something happened a while ago that made him like this…,” Jonathon said in that suggestive tone, which I did not pick up.

I sighed tiredly. “Whatever he went through, he was probably a lot lucky then I was…,” I mumbled, “Let’s just drop the subject and w-”

I didn’t get to finish what I was going to say. Instead, I ran off to the employee’s bathroom. When I came out, Jonathon looked worriedly at me.

“Morning sickness,” I groaned, clutching my stomach, before walking back in the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoop!
I updated!

[: