Status: Completed

Bottom of the Blackest Hole

The Perfect Couple

At the art show, our manager, Karen, made us wear special uniforms. They are to wear a long sleeved, button up red shirt with black dress pants and black dress shoes. The women are to wear similar things; short sleeved button up red shirt, a black skirt that went to the end of your thighs, and strappy black heels.

I put my hair up. I was getting tired of it down because it constantly stuck to my face whenever I dashed to the bathroom. I looked at myself in approval once more from the mirror.

“Are you ready Bailey? I have to use the bathroom,” I heard Karen said.

I nodded my head but remembered she couldn’t see me, “Yeah. I’m done.”

I took a glance at the toilet and involuntarily shuddered at the memories I had today.

Jonathon helped hold back my hair and it looked like he was about to throw up. I tried to tell him to go away but I guess he wanted to be ‘manly’ and handle the situation like a…man.

A couple of seconds later, I came out of the bathroom.

“Jeez, you take forever!” Karen exclaimed as she brushed pass me and into the glumly lighted bathroom.

“Hey,” I greeted Jonathon as I walked towards him. He smiled lightly then eyed my heels warily.

“Should you be wearing that?”

“Shouldn’t you get ready the champagne and food for the guests?” I retorted snottily. I never saw the caring side of a person besides from the Beths before. It was weirdly annoying from Jonathon.

“I-I have to get the food? Crap!” he yelled and looked at his watch, “And it’s almost time for the show! Fuck, shit, crap! Karen will be pissed!” he waved his arms aimlessly before walking to the back room. I shook my head in amusement.

--

The art show started an hour ago and yet the artist and his family himself did not show up. I stood by the door, greeting and taking coats off of the guests.

“Jacob and his family are stuck in a traffic jam. They’ll be here soon,” Karen said worriedly to me, occasionally glancing outside the door.

“Will they be alright?” I questioned and smiled as a couple walked past us.

“Yeah, they’ll be f-” she paused and smiled, “Speak of the devil!” she said jokingly. I craned my head to see a man of maybe forty opening the door for his beautiful wife. I’m guessing they’re the Andersons.

I squinted my eyes to see the man better. He looked oddly like Josh, maybe they’re related? He took off his coat and gave them to me, smiling brightly, showing two dimples of each side of his cheek. Then he carefully took his wife’s coat off, she smiled a dazzling smile my way.

“Natasha! It’s been too long!” Karen hugged Natasha Anderson and she hugged in return. After exchanging greetings Karen then turned to shake hands with Jacob Anderson.

I couldn’t help but smile lightly at the perfect couple as they conversed with Karen. His arms hung loosely, yet possessively around her. She leaned comfortably on him. I could see so much life and passion in their eyes. I heard they were married for over twenty years now. Most couples this good looking doesn’t last long in a world like this.

And then, a gust of the winter air hit me harshly and I turned to look at the next guests. A man and a woman around my age or a couple of years older were inside. Their arms were linked around each other, their faces flushed from the cold outside, and they had a smile on. They seem to be in a playful bickering, like what brothers and sisters do.

“These are my children. Well, actually, one’s missing but he’ll come soon. But these are David and Sofia.” Natasha’s light voice introduced them.

David Anderson grinned cockily at me, “Hey. I’m David.” He gave me a once over and smiled broader. His sister, Sofia Anderson, flicked on the head.

“Don’t mind him. He’s attracted to anything female with two legs,” she said and chuckled lightly, “I’m Sofia. Our little brother is running a little late.”

“I’m Bailey. Nice to meet you all,” I gave them a smile as they turned to talk to their parents. I looked at the family admiringly. Natasha, wearing a stunning spaghetti strapped red dress that hugged her curves and red strapping heels. Her hair was down and curled prettily around her face. Jacob, wearing a casual suit, the first two buttons undone, looked handsome for someone of his age. His body showed that he worked out. Sofia, wearing a strapless black gown that went all the way to her ankles, showing just the tiniest hinge of cleavage, it was a modest dress yet revealing enough for a man to stare. Her black heels looked a lot more expensive than my cheap ones. Her black hair was up in a bun, with a few strands that fell loosely on her face, making her blue eyes to shine so brightly. Her hair was up, showing a smooth, tanned back of hers. David was dressed familiar to his dad and looked like him also; his younger appearance could make a girl swoon.

They were beautiful. I could only imagine what their youngest son will look like.

“Ah! There’s the baby of the family!” I heard Sofia’s musical voice. Jacob chuckled lightly. Natasha walked over to the man, with his back to me, hanging his coat. I noticed that Jacob was almost reluctant to leave Natasha’s side for a couple of seconds to greet their son. They were that in love.

The youngest of the family turned around to give his beautiful mother a hug. I almost choked on air when I saw his face.

Okay, so I lied. My eyes popped up and I began choking, causing a scene from everyone, including Josh.

I didn’t let him see my face, which he probably had, before covering my mouth to soften my coughs and ran off to the employee’s kitchen, almost tripping on the way.

I groaned loudly in my hands. Could the world be any smaller? Josh was the youngest son of the famous Anderson family? Dang.

“Are you alright?” my hands fell to my side to see Sofia standing by the doorframe.

“Yeah, um, I just choked on air. It’s not like I choke on gum or something,” I muttered. Sofia laughed lightly and walked towards me, taking a seat across from me.

“I hate parties,” she murmured. I eyed her questioningly.

“Why?” I asked dumbly.

“It’s a waste of time. I’m probably going to be studying right now, something I’d rather do. I’m earning my PhD these couple of years. It’s a little frustrating. I can’t really waste time partying.” She complained. I didn’t really mind.

“Y-you’re in school?” I asked.

“Yup. I’m becoming a doctor.” She proudly stated.

A doctor? I’d never guessed that. I’d thought she’d be a model or actress or something.

“Surprising, isn’t it?” she said teasingly at my gaped expression.

“Um, uh, yeah. A little.” I said carefully.

“It’s alright. It’s not the first time,” she said before getting up, “Well, I gotta go out. You know, people wanting to know about me and all. I just wanted to make sure you’re alright. I’ll see you later.” At that she waved at me and walked off.

I got off from my seat and walked towards outside…until I bumped into someone.

“Oh, sorry.” I apologized quickly. I was just about to walk away when the person grabbed my arm suddenly and tugged me back to the kitchen, closing and locking the door when we were in.

“Look, I said I was s-” I stopped and gulped, looking at the infuriated Josh.

“What the hell are you doing here?” he hissed venomously.
♠ ♠ ♠
A gazillion apologies for not updating.
I really am trying my best!

Hey, at least, Natasha and Jacob are in!
Whoo!