Wake Me Up When This Nightmare Ends

Chapter 4

I was lying on the terrace and reading a book when I heard a car coming. It was driving very fast and the driver suddenly put on the brake right in front of the house. The tires screeched very loud. I got up and looked down to the car.

I saw a man coming out of the car…slowly and hitting his head to the car door. “Fuck off, fucking doors!!”

Hmm… this sounds familiar to me. Let me think… Oh! It is Tre!!

I am always happy when he comes around! But today… Something was bothering me. Ahaa, I remembered now. How is possible that Tre is here, and meanwhile he’s supposed to be with Billie and Mike having a meeting?!?

“Hiya Adie!” Tre was waving like an idiot, like if I was blind. I happily waved back to him.

“Hey Tre! What’s new?”

“Ehm… nothing really. I came around ‘cause I’m bored. And besides, I like to keep you company.”

I received one of his seductive smiles – again.

“And where is your lovely husband?”

Huh! I’m also asking myself that! This is really weird. What are they thinking they’re doing?!

“Billie’s not at home. Don’t you guys have a veery important meeting today?”

“Uhm... a meeting?” He was very confused. “Oh fuck! The meeting! I totally forgot! I should go then. And have a nice day Lady Adie! Byeee!”

He waved crazily again. Like if we’ll never see again. Tre’s very funny, but I’m not sure if I would believe him right now or not. Did he really forgot… or maybe there isn’t a meeting at all? Maybe Billie has some other work to do… I’ll see when he comes home this evening.

I settled myself in the deck chair and continued with my reading…when the phone rang.

Who could be calling? Before I could reach the phone Jakob already answered it. Since he’s been able to reach the phone he constantly answers it. He likes it sooo much.

I heard his tiny voice proudly saying: “Heellooooo?”

I decided to let him talk with whoever is on the other side on the phone, since he likes it so much. I listened to the conversation.

“Ooh hi! Yes… yees…” he laughed.

“Hmm… he’s not at home. I don’t know where he is. A meeting or something… But mommy is!! Yes! MOOOOOOMMMMYY!!! THE PHOOONE FOR YOUUU!!”

Hehe… he was so funny. I quickly grabbed the phone.

“Hello? Oh, hi Mike.” Mike??? How could this be possible? First Tre a little bit earlier, now Mike…

“Hi Adie. Is Billie really out or was Jakob just kidding?”

Haha, Mike, don’t you know little children always tell the truth? Well… almost always.

“No, he really isn’t! But aren’t you three having a meeting?”

“Whaat? I don’t know what you’re talking about…”

“How? You don’t? But Billie said you have sort of a very important meeting!”

I was already far enough angry. For God’s sake, I want to know already what’s going on.

There was silence for a moment. I knew Mike was still there, ‘cause I heard him breathing. Then I heard him cleared his throat and he spoke again.

“Khm… Oh, right! I totally forgot. Am… I probably… should go…there right now. Well… Have a nice day.”

I think more and more that the boys are really up to something. This can’t go on like this! This thing has to come to an end. And if no one does this, then I will!!!