Wake Me Up When This Nightmare Ends

Chapter 5

“Daaaaaaaaaady!!!!! Ooh daddy! You’re finally home!!!!” I heard from the entrance door. It looks like Billie’s home. Well… It was about time, it was already half midnight. He again didn’t keep his promise – to be home soon.

“Hello! Ooo why are you two scamps still up?” He looked at me with curiosity. And he won’t greet me again? Great… just great!

“They said they’ll wait till you get home. They didn’t want to go to bed earlier,” I reproachabily answered.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I really couldn’t come earlier.”

He kissed me on the cheek. I smelled… perfume! And it was WOMEN’S PERFUME!! No… no!! What’s happening? I hope I’m just having a nightmare. I heard a verse in my head. Wake me up when this nightmare ends… The melody was from song Wake Me Up When September Ends. Suddenly, everything turned black…

When I woke up I lay in bed covered with my favorite blanket. In the blanket were sewed three words: Billie, heart, Adie. Billie made it, with his mother’s help. This was last year’s present for my birthday.

I felt something cold on my head… I opened my eyes. The first thing I saw were Billie’s worried eyes. Again, with eyeliner applied on them. He was so sweet. He caressed my hand softly. But what was the cold thing on my forehead?

When Billie saw I opened my eyes, I sensed he was relieved. I slowly started to remember some things: enthused Joey’s voice… Billie, not greeting me at first… Billie coming to me… Billie kissing me… and the last thing… THE PERFUME!

For a moment I thought I’ll be sick, but then Billie kissed me so softly and carefully and I forgot on everything.

“Good morning, sweetheart.”

Wait a minute… It isn’t evening? I looked through the window. The sun was already shining and I heard the birds singing.

“Billie! What’s going on?” I almost shouted.

“I myself don’t really know. When I came home and kissed you, you suddenly blacked out. I caught you the moment you would fall to the ground. Then I carried you into bed and changed wet towels and watched over you. I saw you were breathing so I didn’t call the doctor. I was worried you know?”

He kissed me again. It was a long kiss. I almost lost my breath. But it was nice. Even the fact that Billie spent the whole night awake just because of me was calming me down.

“I love you Adrienne! For ever!”

“And what about the perfume?”

Oh no… what am I talking? It looks I’m still not really okay from yesterday.

“Perfume? What perfume?”

“Well… I smelled something… on you… It was women’s perfume. How can I explain that to myself?”

“Oooh that perfume… Well… I wanted to be a surprise but anyway… I’ll tell you.

Yesterday I was very sorry cause I couldn’t spend the day with you. I thought I would maybe make it up to you if I buy you something. So I and the guys went to the store to buy you a perfume. But Mike and Tre were in a VERY good mood and when I asked for their opinion, they took the perfumes out of my hands and said why I shouldn’t test them on myself. So they started spraying them on me. I hardly stopped them. I knew it could be smelled from far. Sorry. I guess it was the reason you fainted.”

Uuf… I felt like if a stone would roll from my heart. I happily breathed again.

“Probably… Sorry for making you so much trouble.”

He seemed calm, but I saw in his eyes something was still bothering him. I asked him:

“And where is this famous perfume of yours now?”

“What? Mhm… the perfume. Ehm, just a minute, I think it’s in my jacket. I’ll be right back.”

He seemed confused. And when he stepped out of the bedroom, I told him:

“By the way… the hall is on the right, not the left.” I smiled.

“What are you saying? Oh, yes. Sorry. I guess I need some more sleep.”

Probably… he wasn’t back for a long time. I’m really interested in this perfume now. But I still don’t really understand something. He didn’t mention Mike and Tre were late for the meeting. Well, he probably forgot. Everything is so confused anyway.