Wake Me Up When This Nightmare Ends

Chapter 6

Billie came back with a sad look on his face.

“It looks like I forgot the perfume on the meeting. Or… noo, I remember… I said Tre to look after it. And meanwhile, I was doing something and it looks I forgot to take it.”

“Oooooh, what a shame. Well, don’t worry; it’s not such an important thing. By the way, you can still call him and tell him to bring the perfume when he comes around.”

“Hm… yes… mm… okay. I’ll… call him.”

I really don’t know why he’s so worried about only one perfume. He sat on the bed next to me and called Tre. I listened to the conversation.

“Hi Tre. What’s new? Mhm… look, I’d like to ask you something…”

I saw he didn’t really know what to say.

“Em… well… can you bring me the perfume you forgot to give me yesterday? Perfume… get it?? Bring me the perfume… No, I can’t… you know… Come on Tre, please… yes, the one which smells.”

Haha, what conversation!

“You know why… yes, Adie… yeees it’s veeery important… okay, come around somewhen. Bye.”

Ooh, I haven’t seen him so confused like this before.

“Billie?” I asked him softly.

“Huh?” He turned around to me.

“Is something wrong?”

“Huh? Nooo, of course not… Tre just didn’t know anything at first. It looks he drank too much yesterday… haha… don’t worry… he’ll bring it.”

Hmmm… I’d rather know what’s going on. They’re still hiding something from me. And Billie acts so weirdly I don’t even know him. He looks so nervous.

“Honey. What are you thinking?”

“Oh, nothing, nothing… But I’d like to know something.”

O no. I’m going to tell everything. Why did I even start talking?!

“Go ahead, ask.”

“Look… in fact I wanted to ask you if everything was okay yesterday at the meeting.”

“Sure… it was… why wouldn’t it be?”

He is lying to me! I knew he’s lying to me. How could everything be okay if Mike and Tre didn’t even come?! And how could they go with him in the shop if they weren’t there?? I asked Billie about this.

He was confused. Even more than before. He was silent for a while, but then he said:

“So this is bothering you? Well… it’s true they were late. They said they totally forgot to come. And… then… we were all three. They weren’t so late that the meeting would be already ended. Do you understand everything now?”

Ooooopss! I didn’t even think of that. I’m really a big idiot. They actually said they will go there… I always make an elephant out of a fly.

“Yes, I understand now. I’m sorry.”

I smiled to him.

“No… I’m sorry. You’re always confused because of me. Sorry.”

He kissed me… and kissed me again and again and…

“Moooooooooooooomy!!!!! Daaaaaaaaaady!!!!! Treeeee is heereee!!!!”

Jakob ran into the room and when he saw us on the bed he suddenly stopped running. Poor Jakob… He was totally confused. And Billie was too, haha. He quickly stood up and fixed his shirt, and then he told Jakob to knock the next time. Meanwhile he was telling him that Jakob was looking dead seriously, and then he said:

“Okay. I’ll tell Joey too.”

He and Billie talked so formal. Like politicians. The whole time of their conversation I tried not to laugh and I hardly kept myself from not doing that. I had to look serious; otherwise Jakob would think this is not meant serious. But every time I saw him not looking at me I giggled.

When Jakob left the room and Billie turned to me with his serious face I couldn’t stand it any more. I burst into laughter and rolled on the bed. I thought I’ll never stop laughing. Billie looked at me like if I was mad, but then he started laughing too.

I heard someone knocking at the door. That has to be Jakob. In laughter I opened the door.

“Mom. Tre said he’s in a hurry.”

“Oh! Tre! We totally forgot about him.”

Even Billie couldn’t stop laughing.

“Let’s go and say hi to him.”