Second Chances For Failed Romances

Vibrant Purple

“You know what Elyse,” I began, but then I took a deep breath, choosing a different set of words, “he might be right.

Elyse took a deep breath in, and then let it out, “I know he is,” she sat up in the couch, “but I’d still like you to elaborate,” she smiled knowingly.

I chuckled to myself and sat up. I knew she was just teasing me, but she had all right to. “Maybe, but just maybe, I’ve been doing all of this in a subconscious manner... like, maybe I just wanted him to pay for all of the hurt he put me through, so I hid from him and made things harder for him to find me, maybe I always knew he’d find me.” I exhaled.

She smiled wider, “you’re so in love with him.” Here she goes again, being all cheesy and dreamy.

“Slow down tiger,” I stood up, “I’m not in love. I just like the attention,” I shrugged and made my way to my room; no way was Alex Gaskarth winning this so easily.

------------------------------------------------

It was Monday and I was back at work and, as expected, he showed up at the same time as last time. I saw him walk through the door of the small boutique and decided I’d drive the situation this time.

“If you’re not going to buy anything you have to leave,” I nodded at him, catching him off-guard causing him to lose a little balance.

“Who said I wasn’t going to buy anything?” he quickly regained his composure, “I was actually thinking about taking this very pretty girl on a date and giving her a gift, so I think I might actually need your help.” Playing hard to get huh?

“Oh really, well, tell me everything about this girl and I’ll help you pick anything for her,” I glared at him lightly with a bigfake smile on my face.

“Well,” he began walking over to the dresses, “she’s girly but she doesn’t like dresses, so this is a no-go,” he shrugged and moved on to the shirts, me following his every step, “she’s a very edgy girl, she acts a lot on impulse, she’s very smart though… she’s classy, funny, and a little bit trendy,” I began seeing where he was going when he turned his attention from the shirts to me.

“Oh, really?” I crossed my arms, “what else?”

“Well, we’re kind of not talking right now, because I’m a major fuck-up Mrs…” he looked at my name-tag, “Audrey.”

As hard as I tried not to, I smiled, “how come?”

“Just, well, I fucked up a couple of years ago, and after that I never saw her again. Now I found her, and I’m trying to make it up to her; she’s really amazing.” His smile grew wider.

“Uh-huh,” I squinted my eyes, trying to read him.

“So,” he turned quickly to the shirts and picked a purple one with an Ed Hardy inspired design, “do you think she’ll like this? After all, last time I saw her, purple was her favorite color,” he smiled, holding the shirt in front of him.

I smiled, shaking my head lightly, “I don’t know, lot’s of things can change in a couple of years,” I shrugged and leaned back, “who says purple is still her favorite color? I heard blue is kind of in right now.”

He sighed, “yeah, well,” he shrugged setting the shirt down on a shelf behind him, “I guess you’re right. But I only know what I remember Noel,” he paused, “forgive me? Please, I’ll do anything.”

No. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes. FUCK. “I don’t know Alex…” I shifted my weight to my other leg, “I don’t think I can trust you.”

“Then I’ll work on that, I’ll remind you that you can trust me,” he grabbed my hands, “I’ll remind you what that felt like.

I yanked my hands out of his grip, “I don’t think I want to…” I looked away. Was I willing to let him back into my life just like that? Is that all it took for him to break me again? He had all power over me, he knew what to say and what to do to make me want him again. But I refused to, no one can break me, I’m no one’s, I’m my own person.

He sighed, “maybe I’m going to fast…” he ran a hand through his hair, “at least… let me be your friend, take you out to lunch someday this week? Just as friends,” he raised his hands defensively.

I looked up at him, he knew exactly what to say and what to do, “why?”

“I already told you, you’re too much of an amazing person to miss out on,” he shrugged and smirked.

I chuckled, “fine.”

“Really?” he smiled widely.

“Yes,” I nodded, knowing this wasn’t right, hoping I was wrong, “now go before I get fired.”

He smiled again, “see you later…?”

“Noel,” I reassured him, “and it’s still purple, vibrant purple.”

I could see the hope in his eyes, and hopefully he didn’t see it in mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
kjfaksjdhfkajdfsh

i did this on a hurry

xoxo
Pansy

PS: i hate it when my mom comes inside my room -_-