Second Chances For Failed Romances

We're Getting Exponentially Fancier

“Date number two with Mr. Gaskarth?” Elyse said as I entered the living room.

“Why would you say that?” I asked as I placed earrings on my ears.

“Because you kept on talking to him on the phone all day and now you’re all dressed up,” she shrugged, turning back to the TV.

“Well, yes; but it’s not a date,” I convinced myself, “we’re just hanging out.”

“Are you giving it up this time?” she asked as I approached the door.

I paused, appalled for a moment, and turned her way, “what? No. We’re just friends, nothing is going to happen.”

“Sure,” she shrugged, “I’m sure he can keep you up all night,” she turned to wink at me, then reached for her phone.

“Ew,” I said as I grabbed apartment keys and stepped outside.

“Enjoy!” she said as I closed the door.

I made my way downstairs, unwanted butterflies flying all over my stomach. I cursed at myself for feeling like a thirteen year old with a middle school crush once more. I fixed my hair, stretched out my black sundress, and took a deep breath before stepping outside the building to find my knight in shining whatever resting against his rented white mustang.

“Once more, can I say you look beautiful?” he asked as I approached him.

“Only if it’s honest,” I smiled.

He nodded, “then you look stunning,” he half-whispered as his arms snaked their way around my shoulders, embracing me in a “friendly” hug that sent shivers down my spine. I needed to regain my composure immediately.

---------------------------------------------

“Alex, we’re getting progressively fancier,” I said as we entered the movie theatre.

“What do you mean?” he asked, eyebrows furred.

“First it was lunch, now it’s the movies; I betcha next time will be dinner,” I smiled his way as he chuckled.

“Actually, I was thinking of dinner after the movie,” he looked me over his shoulder.

I smiled, “well we’re getting exponentially fancier; you skipped like three date steps right there!” I finished with a laugh.

“You’re over analyzing this Noel,” he chuckled. “Just enjoy the movie and the dinner; I’m paying, after all.”

“I didn’t say I wasn’t going to enjoy it,” I shrugged, smiling up at him.

-----------------------------------------------

The ride back home was dead quiet. Although he knew I was angry at him, he still insisted to walk me to the door of my apartment.

“Noel, I really don’t want you to be mad at me,” he said as he faced my back and I unlocked my front door.

“Too late now,” I said, letting go of the door knob.

“Noel, please,” he said grabbing my arm.

I stopped and took a deep breath. I yanked my arm out of his grip and turned to face him, “you should know Alex. I told you, I am not going to just cave in after one date-”

“It was two dates! This was our second date and it was at the end-” he tried to defend his position.

“Alex, you just don’t get it. You’re my friend. These aren’t dates. And I’m sick of you thinking you know everything about me and about what I want. I don’t want to kiss you. So next time before you try – don’t.” I spoke coldly, letting him into a piece of my mind.

“Noel, it was out of fucking reflex, you can’t just get so fuckin’ mad at me like this for almost no fuckin’ reason. I’m sorry, okay? I am. But it didn’t even fuckin’ happen so can you please stop overreacting?” he began, already getting fired up as well.

“Well fuck you Alex.” I lost control, “how about you go fuck yourself because, obviously, this didn’t work out the first time and it wont work out a second time. I don’t need you, so get the fuck out of my face.”

“What the fuck? I never said you needed me and who the fuck said I wanted this a second time-” he said, almost shouting.

“You did,” I reminded him, getting louder as well.

“Well fuck you-" he began, yet I cut him off.

"I bet right now you're dying to." I pressed his buttons.

His face went from confused to furious in a matter of seconds, "you give yourself so much credit. And I was so fucking wrong. I’d never want to get with someone as pretentious and ridiculous and fucking prude as you!”

“I’m prude?” I laughed, mocking him, “I’m sorry Alex, I think you got the roles mixed up. How about you grow a dick and then come back here okay; you’re out of my fucking life!” I shouted at him.

“I hope you find someone just as shitty as you because that’s what you fucking deserve!” he shouted back and began walking away, “you’ve always been a waste of time,” he kept on going as he walked down the hallway.

I grunted loudly as I entered my apartment, slamming the door behind me; only to find Elyse and another unwanted man sitting at my couch watching TV.

“What the fuck are you doing here?” I asked, keeping my eye on Barakat.

“Oh, Jack heard you had another date with Alex so he came to check up and stuff,” she tried her hardest to smile innocently.

I eyed both of them, up and down, old anger mixing with new confusion. “Are you two…?” I asked, pointing at each of them consecutively, noticing their disheveled hair and sloppy clothing. “Never mind, I don’t even want to know,” I said as I walked to my room. “Jack, tell your friend I hope he fucking dies,” I said as I closed the door behind me; knowing how immature I had acted earlier and how much I’d regret everything I said tomorrow morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
ehhh mediocre?

although, happy 21st birthday alex. i fucking love you (:
xoxo
Pansy

ps. enjoy
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image