Refuse to Surrender

My New Best Friend

Alex's POV

"Dad," I called as I wandered around the tour bus.

We had just finished the Salt Lake tour stop and we were heading out to the next stop. Seeing as I only packed for like three days, I'm now almost out of clothes. I needed to go shopping and I need to buy some food for Rhapsody.

"Yeah," he called from his bunk.

"I'm out of clothes. I got, like, a pair of jeans, a shirt, and everything else left. And Rhapsody is almost out of food."

"Well, we got a day off tomorrow so you can go to the mall and buy stuff," dad suggested.

I nodded as I grabbed my pajamas and walked into the bathroom. I stole a clean pair of Tommy's boxers and one of Vince's many shirts and used those as pajamas. They didn't care and were totally fine about it. Mick even lets me borrow his jackets because I only brought a thin hoodie. Man, I love my surrogate uncles.

After brushing my hair and my teeth, I walked out of the bathroom. I took a shower this morning so I was good. "Night AJ," Vince said as he passed me and got into his bunk.

"Night Vince, night Mick, night Tommy, night Dad," I said as I climbed into my own bunk.

Gunner, Decker, and Storm were now with their mom, Brandi Brandt, and Frankie was with her mom, Donna, so they weren't here anymore. I felt a bit jealous but I can't help it. I can't change the past.

I pulled the curtain and plugged my laptop into the wall charger, placing my headphones on my head. My inbox was filled with emails from clients sending me their ideas for tattoos. I felt bad because I wouldn't be able to get to them until September. Instead, I gave them my friends' email addresses and gave them the option of waiting until I got back. As I was doing that, I got an instant message.

cobynoodle: ALEXEI!
lilsixx Jacoby?
cobynoodle: duh. who else would use the funny name YOU gave me.

I smiled as I remembered the origin of Jacoby's new nickname.

It was this morning and Gunner and I were playing Halo 3 before his mom and Donna came so that they could have their time with the kids. Jacoby came in and wanted to play so we made him a little guest file. We put it on random and his name turned out being "noodle" and I started calling him "Coby Noodle." It stuck.

lilsixx: Its an awesome nickname and I'm totally jealous.
cobynoodle: you better be. I'm jealous at how fast you type.
lilsixx: Yeah, I'm talented. Did you get my screen name from Gunner or Storm?
cobynoodle: gunner. what are you doing tomorrow?
lilsixx: Shopping. I need to buy clothes, cigarettes, and food for Rhapsody.
cobynoodle: can I come? i am going to be bored all day!
lilsixx: Sure, why not.
cobynoodle: so what are you doing now?
lilsixx: Answering emails from my clients, asking them if its okay that they get tattooed by one of my friends or if they will wait until September considering a certain father of mine and his friends begged me to stay for the rest of Cruefest.
cobynoodle: *big grin* i'll leave you to answering your emails. see you tomorrow.
lilsixx: Okiday. Later, Coby Noodle!
(cobynoodle has signed off)

I sighed as I finished answering the last email and closed my laptop. I placed it in its carrying bag and pulled the covers over my head, falling asleep.

Jacoby's POV

I closed my laptop as I stared out the window. I was in my bunk and I had a window.....go me. I could see the Motley Crue tour bus ahead of us, heading towards our next destination and I wondered what Alex was doing. She probably was still answering those darn emails of her's. A smile crept onto my face as I thought of her face when she was laughing as she came up with my new nickname. It wasn't that bad and honestly, it could be worst. Hell, Storm told me that she calls Mick, "Uncle Mickey Mouse." Apparently, she has nicknames for everyone.

"Someone has a crush," Tony said as he walked passed me.

"What," I asked, hoping I heard him wrong.

"You has a little crushie-wushie on Alexei Sixx," Tony said in a sing-song voice.

"No I don't!"

"It's obvious you do," Tobin said as he turned the page of his book, "How come you try to spend all your free time with her then?"

"Because she got forced into staying for the rest of the tour," I said, trying to think of lies.

"Sure," Jerry muttered, "Keep telling yourself that."

I growled as I pulled the curtain shut. There seriously are times when being stuck on a bus with these guys is too much.

"So, do you have your credit cards," Nikki asked as we all gathered in IHOP for breakfast.

"Yes, Dad," Alexei muttered as she ate some waffle, "I have my credit cards and my wallet and my cell phone."

"Are you going by yourself," Tommy asked as he stole a piece of bacon from Vince who stole some sausage from Tommy.

"No, Jacoby's coming with me."

Everyone's eyes turned to me and I instantly started staring at my coffee. Did you know if you add cream to it, it turns a lighter color?

"Um, have something to share with the class," Josh asked.

"Um......its morning," I said.

"Jacoby, you do realize that I know have to go through the whole procedure of going with my daughter anywhere," Nikki asked.

I looked at Alex who was smirking. "Good or bad?"

"Hope that you don't have to go to the bathroom," Alex responded.

Okay, Nikki's whole rant about taking Alex anywhere was an hour and thirty minutes long. Yes, it was ninety minutes! Now I see why she said that I better hope that I didn't need to use the bathroom because he refused to let me get up. But I could see where he was coming from. She is the eldest daughter and his first born so I don't blame him if he was a bit over-protective, despite the fact that she was twenty-six. Hell, if I had a daughter, then I'd be the same way.

"Dad, I think that's enough," Alex said as she threw down a twenty to cover her part of the meal, "We're going."

I placed a twenty as well and followed her out. When were outside, she turned around and said, "Sorry Dad's like that."

"It's okay," I said, "So where are we going?"

"I don't know. I figured I'd get a taxi and have them take us to the nearest mall," she admitted, pulling out her cell phone.

I laughed, "Works for me."

"Okay, I got everything I need," Alex said after about an hour of shopping.

I whistled as I helped her carry some of her bags, "Damn, that was fast. Normal girls take like three hours to go shopping."

"Well, I knew what I wanted and where to get it so I'm good," she said.

"I want lunch," I said.

"Alright, we'll go get lunch now," she said, grabbing my hand and dragging me off to the food court.

I smiled when she did that. Okay so maybe I did have a crush on her, so what?

I sat at a table while she went to get some Chinese. She offered to order for me because I carried her bags. I told her that I could order for myself but she insisted. That's a good thing about Alex, she's such a sweetie.

When I looked over at her, I noticed a guy talking to her as she got our drinks. Alex looked annoyed and I could tell he was hitting on her.Okay, no one hits on my girl. I didn't just think that. I walked over and that's when he said, "So, you doing anything tonight?"

I wrapped my arm around her waist and Alex instantly looked at me. I gave her a small look to just go along which, thankfully, she understood. "Babe, you should have just told me and I would have gotten it," I said, grabbing the tray.

The guy just looked at her then at me. "You're dating Jacoby Shaddix," he asked.

"And you're hitting on Nikki Sixx's daughter," I snarled as we walked back to our table.

Alexei smiled as she looked at me, giving me a kiss on my cheek, "You're my new best friend now."

Hell yeah!
♠ ♠ ♠
So what ever happened to Alexei's mom? All will be revealed sometime in the future