Status: Currently editing, updating and making it a better more cohesive story.

You Should Know

Transatlanticism

I didn’t want to go to my place, I was going to go to Gabe’s tomorrow after work, but I had to go there now. I just wanted him to call. I had to get it all off my chest and not feel so terrible.

I got to his apartment and I unlocked the door and flicked on the hallway light. I let the moonlight from the windows light my way as I made my way to his bedroom. I laid on his bed. Things would be okay. I didn’t do anything wrong.

I kicked my shoes off and stripped down to just my t-shirt and underwear. I pulled down the sheets and just smelled Gabe’s scent in his pillow. I grabbed my phone out of my bag on the end of the bed and set my alarm and deleted Jake from it. I didn’t need any drama like that in my life. I felt a little more relieved when I deleted him. I put my phone on the bedside table, rolled over on my side and fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning and put my clothes back on and headed back to my apartment to get ready for work. Still no phone call. I knew he was busy and he had to do interviews, talk with fans, talk with his family and all that stuff and still get some sleep. I was a little worried that my message caused him to be angry at me and not want to call me back right away. But, it was Gabe. He is a very understanding person and would still call me. I tried to push it out of my mind as I got home and rushed into the shower.

I got ready and was out the door and off to work. I busied myself as soon as I got to work. I checked my e-mails, cleaned out my inbox, made coffee, had a conference call, I was doing all I could to keep my mind occupied. When I finally looked at the clock It was noon and I still hadn’t heard from Gabe. I shouldn’t have looked at the clock. I picked up the phone and just called him. I didn’t want to be a pest, but I was dying to get everything off my chest and just move forward. It went right to voicemail.

“Just me. I hope you had a great show last night! Call me when you get a chance,” I hung up. Maybe his phone was dead or bad service? It was festering in me now.

“Sadler, you have a delivery!” Margot, our receptionist called through my door. I got up from my desk and walked to hers, which was right in front of my door to the side.

“Who are they from?” She gushed handing me flowers.

“I don’t know, let’s find out,” I smiled taking the vase from her and setting it down. I took the card out and opened it. They were from Jake, apologizing. “They’re for you!” I smiled and situated the vase on the corner of her desk.

“That bad?” She asked making a face of horror.

“That bad,” I sighed throwing the card in the garbage.

I went back into my office and closed the door. I had to focus and get back to my proposal for the summer orientation programs. I had most of it done, but I couldn’t focus and it was due Monday morning. I shut down my laptop and packed it up. I had to get out of the office. It was dead on Friday’s and I was going crazy from the silence.

“Margot, I’m gonna work out of my house for the rest of the day. If, anything give me a call,” I said as I adjusted my laptop bag on my shoulder.

“Not a problem. Have a great weekend,” She smiled as I walked out of our office. I smiled back and headed down the stairs.

I opened the door to the outside and pulled out my cell phone and dialed Rob.

“Hey boo,” He answered.

“Hey, have you heard from Gabe?” I asked as I made my way down the street.

“Not since I told him about you and Jake making out.”

“You’re not funny,” I laughed.

“I thought it was pretty funny,” I could hear him walking around on a wood floor.

“Are you home or at the bar?” I asked.

“I’m home. I don’t have to be at the bar till much later. What’s up?”

“I can’t focus!” I let out in a frustrated moan. “I have my first huge proposal due on Monday and I’m freaking out,” I ranted.

“Sadler, chill out. Nothing happened, Gabe is not going to care,” He sounded sure that I was in the clear.

“I know, I know. You’re right, but it’s eating away at me,” I laughed.

“Want to get a late lunch? I’m meeting up with a friend of ours and maybe you could use the distraction?” He offered sweetly.

“By friend of ours you mean Meghan?”

There was a long silence and I could hear him working up the courage to say something. “Yes, that would be our common friend,” he finally stuttered.

“I don’t want to crash your date. I’m okay, really. I’m just gonna go to Gabe’s and try and work on this all weekend,” I stood outside of the subways station waiting to finish up the call.

“It’s not a date. You can always come if you change your mind.”

“Rob, it’s a date. You’ve already had sex with her and you two have been spending some time together, so it’s a date,” I smirked.

“She made me have sex with her,” He laughed. “If you need a break, come to the bar later with our common friends; Meghan and Emily.”

“I’ll think about it, thanks Rob. Have fun with Meghan,” I teased.

“I will.”

I hung up the phone and got on the subway to head back to Gabe’s. It was nice to stay in the city for a weekend. It had been a month since he left and the only night I had spent was last night. I hadn’t spent more time than it took me to water his plants. There was something about being in his apartment. I didn’t want to get too attached. I didn’t want to rush things and be that girl. He didn’t ask me to move in, we weren’t technically dating, but on the other hand we both weren’t seeing other people and he wanted me to make myself feel at home at his place. I just didn’t want to assume.

I got to Gabe’s place and set up my work laptop in the living room. I had to get down to business. I didn’t have much to go, but the budget and where it would be spent was going to be hard. I had last year’s program proposal to look at and I wasn’t changing it too much, but I was definitely streamlining things, which in the end I hope makes me look good.
I worked furiously and I barely noticed that the sun had gone down. I looked at the clock on the computer screen and it was 10 p.m. I saved what I had done again. I just needed my reasoning and I was done. I put the work laptop away, put my flash drive in the outside pocket and went to take a shower. I was being incredibly lame on a Friday night, but if I went out I wouldn’t be any fun.

I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel and toweled off my hair. I went into Gabe’s room and I set up my Mac. I logged onto my iChat and he wasn’t available. He was signed on though and I sent him a video chat request and just waited to see if he’d respond. I lay on the bed patiently, checking e-mail, checking my phone anything to keep me busy. I don’t know when, but eventually I fell asleep in front of the computer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who is reading or read, subscribed and commented on my story! it's much appreciated!

This is a little filler, but leave me comments! Let me know what you think :o)

Title: "Transatlanticism," Death Cab for Cutie