Status: Currently editing, updating and making it a better more cohesive story.

You Should Know

Diamonds and Coal

I got off of the plane and went over to rent a car. I wasn’t sure what would happen or if I’d be able to get a ride to the airport on Sunday. I knew they had a show on Sunday night and on Monday and I didn’t want to mess up their schedule either.

I rented my car, which thankfully came with a GPS and I looked up the address to the venue. I was a little nervous. I didn’t think Gabe just stopped loving me over night or anything, but I wasn’t sure if just showing up when he wanted some time was great either.

I found parking around the venue and walked down the street. I looked for a tour bus and I found it around the corner, but behind a fence. I walked down to the security guard and there were already girls lined up at 9 in the morning.

“Hi, I was wondering if you could contact Dan Lipski? I’m Sadler James…he’ll know who I am.” I said to the guard.

“You’re not the first person to say you know him,” He didn’t even care about me.

“I’m sure, I completely understand…If you could just ask him if he knows me, that would be great,” I was trying to be polite as possible.

“Fine, hold on one second,” He relented, easily, but he paged over his walkie to Dan Lipski. I heard him respond and I got excited. “What’s your name again?” He asked.

“Sadler James.”

“Sadler James, she says you know her.”

“I’ll be right up,” Dan said.

I waited and Lipski came to the fence with a smile.

“Hey,” I smiled back as the guard let me in. “Thank you.”

“Surprise, surprise,” Dan laughed giving me a hug.

“It’s the grand gesture, you know?” I laughed.

“He’s on the bus, come on,” He said and pulled me toward the bus and unlocked it. “Go get him tiger,” He laughed and pushed me onto the bus.

“Thank you,” I whispered to Dan before I went up the bus. I rounded the corner and the lounge was empty. I walked to the bunks and I saw Gabe’s foot hanging out of the end of his. I tickled his foot and he moved it away. I smiled, his feet were so sensitive and I would always tickle them when we’d sit on the couch. I walked over to where his head was and pulled the curtain open a bit. He had rolled over so his face was to the wall. I scratched the back of his head with my hands.

“Leave me alone…I’m resting my voice,” He grumbled and moved away again.
I climbed up into the bunk and spooned him.

“What the fuck?” He groaned and rolled over. “Oh my God! What are you doing here?” He smiled sleepily.

“I’m trying to make things easy. I really just want to be with you,” I stroked his face with my thumb. “I am making the grand gesture here…”

“You know, you look gorgeous even after a 7 hour flight,” He laughed.

“My breath is probably rank and I’m sure my deodorant has worn off by now,” I moved closer and just held him tight and rested my head on his chest. He kissed the top of my head.

“I don’t care. I just want to stop fighting and for us to be together,” I kissed his chest and then looked up at him for an answer.

“You must really love me to fly all the way out here,” He smirked skimming his hand down my back and to rest on my side.

“I guess that’s it,” I said sarcastically. “What about me?”

Gabe just kissed my lips and things were good with us. Things were getting pretty hot and heavy and my shirt was definitely off and we were both trying to get each other’s pants off.

“Thank god you’re not tall or anything,” I laughed as we broke our kiss.

“I feel so small in these bunks,” He laughed. “I’m glad you’re here. I’m sorry about everything,” He said kissing me again. “I was just in shock, I guess.”

“It’s fine. I just really want this to work now,” I rolled over on top of him.

“Me too and I really want to take your pants off,” He laughed and it was a struggle, but we got our pants off.

“I love you,” Gabe said suddenly and seriously as we lay together.

“I love you too.” I smiled.

“I gotta go to sound check though,” He smirked and kissed my nose.

Gabe rolled out of the bunk and to the floor and put some clothes on. I pulled my clothes back on and jumped down to him too.

“I don’t think that was complicated, do you?” I said going out into the lounge.

“Well, crammed, but not complicated. How long are you here?” He asked putting his arms around my neck from behind he rested his chin on my head and we walked out of the bus.

“I have a red eye on Sunday,” I squinted at the light. “Is that okay?”

“I wish it was longer, but that’s fine,” He grabbed my hand and pulled me into sound check.

I was relieved and couldn’t get the smile off of my face as I watch him and the rest of the band on stage. Life was good.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are the best! Sorry it took me so long! So busy!

Comments are amazing :o)