Status: Currently editing, updating and making it a better more cohesive story.

You Should Know

You Should Know

“I’m gonna go pick up my dad from the train station, I’ll be back,” Gabe said putting on his jacket.

“We’ll have the table together in no time,” I smiled as Emily and I sat on the floor putting together a table for Gabe’s guest room.

“It better be our else,” He teased grabbing his keys off a table in the hallway.

“Get out already!” Emily laughed.

“Bye!” Gabe said giving Emily a face.

“Okay, does Gabe have tools?” Emily asked. All the pieces were strewn about the floor.
Gabe had to have this table and he didn’t want to wait for it to be put together. He said he could do it, but now it’s mine and Emily’s task to complete it before he got back with his father.

Gabe has been off tour for about two weeks now and his father was coming in to visit. Things have been great between us too. After I left him on tour we were really good at communicating with each other and making time to chat either online or on the phone. It was good to have him back though, even if it were for two months.

“I don’t know. Check the drawers over there or under the sink,” I motioned to Emily. She got up and went into the kitchen.

“He’s got a ton of chopsticks,” She laughed opening some drawers. “Oh my god!” She shrieked.

“What?” I asked startled by her scream.

“Nothing!” She said quickly. “I thought I saw a spider in the drawer,” She laughed with a smile.

“You scared the shit out of me.”

“Sorry! I think I found his tool set!” She exclaimed and brought over a red tool box.

About an hour later, the table was finished and put into the room. We were very excited at our accomplishment. Emily and I went and sat on the couch and waited for Gabe when my cell phone rang.

“Hi Dad!” I smiled excitedly.

“Hi baby-girl.”

“What’s going on? I just talked to you yesterday,” I smiled at Emily.

“We wanted to come visit you and Gabe for the day, what do you think?”

“That’d be excellent. Come to Gabe’s, his dad is actually in town too. Your best friend!” I teased. My parents and Gabe’s father and step-mother got along so well. Even after we broke up the first time, they kept in touch and visited each other often, it was cute.

“Well, even better! Can’t wait to see you angel, we’ll be in town in a couple hours,” My father said excitedly.

“Can’t wait!” I said and my dad hung up.

“My parents are coming into town,” I sighed throwing down my phone.

“Do you think that’s strange?” Emily said overly dramatically.

“Um, no, they’re my parents and they had mentioned it last week,” I laughed. “Why?”

“Oh, you know…no reason,” She said and glanced toward the kitchen.

“Emily, why are you acting so weird?”

“Sorry, I just never have my parent’s just drop by.”

“We’re home!” Gabe interrupted with a shout.

“Hey, guys!” I said excitedly and gave Gabe’s father a huge hug.

“Sadler!” He said and hugged me tighter.

“Come in! Let me take your bags,” I said and took his bags to the guest room.

“Emily, nice to see you again,” He gave Emily a huge hug.

“You too Mr. Saporta.”

“You make me feel old, Emily,” He laughed.

“Sorry, Diego.”

“You’ll be happy to know that my parents are coming into town today as well,” I said coming back into the living room.

“Excellent, I haven’t seen you parents in over a month. How was their trip to Italy?” Diego asked and made his way to the living room. He sat down on the couch.

“It was wonderful, I’m sure they’re still jet lagged. They got in really late last night,” I sat in a chair across from the couch. Gabe was grabbing some waters out of the fridge and Emily was on the opposite end of the couch.

We spent the next hour just talking and catching up. I loved Gabe’s dad, he was the best. He always made me feel completely comfortable. We just watched some TV and waited from my mom and dad to come. I was excited to see them; they had just spent a month in Italy because they could.

“Mom,” I asked answering my cell phone. “Are you guys here?”

“Yes, we just parked, we’re walking up the street right now,” My mom said excitedly.

“I’ll be right down!” I ran down the stairs and waited for my parents.

“Hi Angel!” My mom said as she saw me and gave me a huge hug.

“Hi mom,” I hugged her back tightly.

“Sadie,” My dad hugged me and kissed my head.

“Dad,” I smiled. “Let’s get you upstairs. Diego is excited to see you!” I gushed as we waited for the elevator.

We got off and went into Gabe’s apartment. He was waiting to greet us.

“Nora and Michael how are you?” Gabe asked excitedly.

“Gabe, you don’t have to overdo it to show you’re excited,” My mother teased.

“Well, at least my dad likes you,” He shot back giving her a hug.

“I live with it every day,” My dad joked giving Gabe a hug.

“You go to Italy and you forget your friends!” Gabe’s dad shot from the couch.

“We didn’t forget, we were just busy.”

“I was busy too, Michael, tell me all about the trip.”

My parents and Gabe’s father all sat around and talked for a while. It was so good to see them all getting along, it made me so happy to see all of them together. Gabe was excited too and he made dinner reservations for all of us.

“I’m gonna head out,” Emily said as she made her rounds giving everyone a hug.

“If you change your mind, you know where we’ll be,” Gabe said as he walked her out. I brought the glasses into the kitchen.

“I know what you’re doing here,” I heard Emily say in a low voice. I moved closer to the hallway to hear. “…and I’m excited for you.”

“That’s why you should come to dinner,” Gabe mumbled. What was going on?

“I’ll be there,” Emily said and left.

My parents left to go to their hotel and were going to meet us at the restaurant. Gabe and I went to his room to get ready and his dad went to the guest room. He was up to something, but I didn’t know what it was. My birthday was soon, but not soon enough for a surprise. I was excited to find out what it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are amazing! Thank you so much! I really appreciate you all reading, commenting and subscribing!

Let me know what you think! Comments are always appreciated :)