Status: Currently editing, updating and making it a better more cohesive story.

You Should Know

Driftwood

“Meg, it’s been four months,” I said throwing myself onto her couch as I walked through her door.

“My day was great, thank you,” She teased shutting the door behind me.

“Okay, so technically we’ve only been back together for what, almost 8 months? By this point he had already proposed to Morgan. What’s wrong with me? Why doesn’t he want to marry me?” I was totally feeling down today. A girl I worked with just got engaged and it made me think about my situation.

Things with Gabe and me were great. The living together was a little rough at first, but we managed and now he’s back on the road again. He’ll be back next week. I was in love with him and I just wanted him to show me he loved me back. It was a little hard to know that this was our second go and he not a word about marriage. I tried to talk to him about it. Well, I would say things like “When we get married we’re going to have a small wedding,” and he’d just smile and say nothing or just give me a kiss. It was frustrating. I just wanted to know if he wanted to marry me!

“Sadler, get a grip,” Meg said sternly and sat in a chair next to the couch.

“What?” I asked offended that she wasn’t letting me whine.

“You two love each other. So, he hasn’t asked you to marry him yet, but it doesn’t mean he won’t and it doesn’t make the love you two have any less,” She said almost condescendingly.

“What’s your issue?” I asked sitting up and annoyed.

“No issue, but just know it’ll happen.”

“No, what’s wrong?” I asked sincerely. “I’m sorry I barged in and whined…you obviously have stuff going on too.”

“Oh you know, just wasting my time with men who don’t actually want to be with me,” She laughed a bit to hold back tears.

“Rob?” I asked hesitantly.

“I told him I loved him and he didn’t say anything back,” She shook her head and tears just streamed down her face.

“Nothing?”

“He said nothing. He actually called it a night, left and said he’d call me. That was last week,” She cried.

“I’m sorry,” I said and went and sat on the arm of the chair. I pulled her into me and she just cried.

“That’s a little weird that Rob did that. I mean, maybe he was just scared? I mean you two have been hanging out for over a year now and he’s not seeing anyone else…” I trailed, what was his deal.

“I know, I feel like I wasted almost a year and a half of my life,” Meg pulled away and wiped her face. “I walked by the bar today and I was going to go in and just talk to him, but there was some lady in there with him and she was all touchy feely and flirty…that’s what set me off. I’m sorry,” She smiled trying to put on a brave face.

“I’m sorry. You’re a great catch, you’ll find someone else very soon,” I wanted to go and talk to Rob, but I wasn’t going to meddle.

“Of course I will!” Meg laughed. “Gabe wants to marry you, know that.”

“Thank you. Let’s go out tonight? Have fun without men!”

“I’m thinking of actually going to go and talk to Rob, I know he’s not working tonight. I just need to know.”

“Okay, well call me if you need anything? I love Rob too, but I’d kill him for you,” I gave her a huge hug.

“Thanks, I’ll let you know if I need your assistance.”

“I’m gonna take off. I have to pick up a present for Gabe and send it to his step-brother, but I love you,” I kissed the top of her head and made my way out of her apartment.

“Hey,” I heard someone say in front of me as I pilfered through my purse for my sunglasses. I looked up, it was Rob.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked trying to act like I had no idea what was going on between him and Meg.

“Is she home?” He asked nervously.

“Yeah, what are you doing here?”

“She obviously told you about the great choke?” He laughed a bit.

“Maybe, but I’m not meddling. It’s not my thing. You guys are adults and will figure it out,” I smiled putting on my sunglasses.

“If anyone were to meddle, I’d want it to be you…so, is it looking good?” He asked already knowing the answer.

“Um, I’d say no, but you better have an explanation for the woman that was at the bar today,” I said feeling really guilty about meddling.

“I do actually,” He said and pulled out a box from his jacket pocket. “Do you think she’ll like it?” He gave me the box.

“Holy shit!” I said excitedly. “It’s gorgeous!” I jumped up and down.

“I messed up really bad, but in the time we’ve been a part I realized I was just afraid to say it because I think I love her more than she loves me,” Rob rocked back and forth on his heels a bit.

“That is so cute! Go tell her now and when you’re done tell Gabe what he should do,” I laughed.

“Love you Sadler,” He gave me a quick kiss and bounded inside Meg’s apartment building.

Sickening. Why couldn’t that be me? I walked for a long time and then my cell phone began to ring. It was Gabe. I answered it.

“Sadie, are you sitting down?” Gabe said out of breath.

“No, I’m walking. Are you okay?” He sounded excited and I had to laugh at his dramatics.

“I’m better than okay, they asked us to play the movie awards!”

“That’s so exciting! When is it and where?” I asked extremely happy for him and the band.

“It’s in next month, so as soon as we get back they want us to do another mini tour up till the awards,” He was so excited.

“That’s great, that’s amazing!” I said swallowing back tears. “I miss you so much,” My voice cracked a bit.

“I miss you too, I can’t wait to just look at you and have you sleep next to me,” Gabe sighed genuinely.

“I just want five minutes with you…stop leaving all the time,” I laughed a bit, but I was serious.

“I’ll be home in two weeks and then you of course are coming to the awards with me.”

“I was wondering If you were going to choose me or your other girlfriend,” I teased.

“She wasn’t available.”

“I’m sorry I’m a little emotional. I just want you home now,” I said still walking along the street.

“I love you and I’ll be home soon,” I took a deep breath to keep from crying again.

“I love you too and I can’t wait for you to come home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a bit. Things have been a little hectic! Here's sort of a filler, but I hope you like it.

Thank you to all my readers. subscribers and commenters! You guys are the best! Thank you again!

Comment and let me know what you think! :)