Status: Currently editing, updating and making it a better more cohesive story.

You Should Know

I Will

“You’re gonna have to meet me at Angel and Kings tonight. My flight was delayed,” Gabe said in his voicemail.

Gabe had planned my birthday party at Angel and Kings tonight. It was also the same night he and the band got back into town. It was a really nice gesture and I was so excited to see him tonight. I wanted to go to the party and see all my friends, but I really wanted to be selfish and just spend the night alone with Gabe.

I got home and changed into a cute dress I bought for tonight and for Gabe, really. I got dressed and made my way down to the bar.

“Hey, I’m on my way!” I called Rob to tell him.

“See you soon! We’re ready for you!”

“See you soon!” I closed up the phone and kept walking.

I got to the bar and it was weird. None of the lights were on and there was a sign on the door that said “Closed for Private Party,” which was sort of hilarious. I walked into the bar and it was dark in the hallway. It wasn’t a surprise party.

“Hello?” I asked cautiously and walked through the main set of doors.

There was no one there and the bar was just lit by tea lights and there were candles on all the tables.

“Hey…” I heard whispered into my ear behind me.

“Hi, you’re here ahead of schedule,” I turned to face Gabe.

“Well, I wanted to spend some time alone with you before we went into your party,” He smiled and kissed me.

“Where is everyone? They’re in the kitchen. Dance?” He asked me and I smiled at him oddly.

“Sure,” I took his hand.

“Rob!” He shouted and Rob put on one of my favorite songs, “I Will,” by The Beatles.

“My favorite song,” I whispered as I lay my head on his chest.

“I know, for my favorite girl,” He said and he sounded nervous all of a sudden.

“I want you to stay for longer than two months this time,” I said and kissed his chest.

“I was thinking I would stay with you forever, would you be interested in something like that?”

“I’m very interested in that,” I laughed a bit.

“Then, do you want to make it official?” He asked and broke away to get down on one knee.

“Are you serious?” I asked and I started to shake.

“I’m very serious. I knew I wanted to marry you before we even met and I figured the first good step to test our relationship and I can’t imagine you not being there when I wake up. I can’t imagine you not being the first one I call when something great happens to me. I just want you there for everything,” Gabe said sifting through his pocket and he pulled out a box.

“You’re everything to me, I hope you know that,” I laughed with tears streaming down my face.

“Will you marry me?” Gabe asked opening the box.

“Yes, yes, yes!” I exclaimed and he put the ring on my finger.

“I love you!” He kissed me passionately and I didn’t want him to let me go.

“Should we invite our guests in?” I asked with a smile as we parted.

“I think we should, let them share in this great moment.”

Rob came in and turned the lights on and all of our friends and the band came out. My parents and Gabe’s parents had come in as well. I was so happy. Everyone I wanted was with me and the man I love loved me back. I couldn’t wait to start the rest of my life with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are great! Thanks for reading/commenting/subscribing! You guys are the best!

Let me know what you think! :)