Status: Currently editing, updating and making it a better more cohesive story.

You Should Know

This Year's Love

“Wow, this isn’t really how I expected this to go,” Gabe laughed with a huge smile. I couldn’t read him and I could always read him.

“I just…I want to grow old with you and I know I’ve told you before, but I am completely who I am and who I want to be when I’m with you,” I wanted to run from nervousness because I couldn’t read him.

“I love you, more than anything,” He trailed and put his hands on my face.

“But,” I said choking back tears.

“No buts, I was just hoping that I could have beaten you to this,” He laughed nervously. “Stay here,” He smiled and left the bedroom. The tears dropped from my eyes and I wiped them quickly as I waited for Gabe. “I’m surprised you didn’t see this when you were in the kitchen,” He laughed as he came back into the room.

“See what,” I said wiping my face again as the tears just continued to come.

“Why are you crying?” Gabe asked and slid next to me on the bed. He kissed my forehead.

“I don’t want to pressure you…take your time,” I said trying to compose myself. I just couldn’t read him and I was freaking out.

“I don’t need time,” He said and pulled a box out from his pocket. “It’s been in there since when I asked you to live with me, but I just wanted to make sure this was real that we could fight and you weren’t going to run with my lifestyle again.”

“I was stupid then and I basically told you what was going to happen instead of seeing it through. I want to see it through with you. I want to see everything with you,” I smiled at him.

“I know that. I was stupid too and you’ve put up with me through everything and that’s why I love you and want to marry you,” He laughed and opened the box.

“Yes, and forever yes,” I said kissing him passionately.

“I was hoping that would be your answer,” He laughed and slipped the ring on my finger.

“When were you going to do it? I’m sorry I ruined it,” I laughed and just stared at my hand.

“I was planning on doing it next week. I had this whole plan and your parents were coming in and my family was coming in,” He laughed and pushed my back down on the bed.

“Can we still do that?” I asked and I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head against his chest.

“Of course, I actually want you to take part in what I was going to do for you to propose too,” He squeezed me tight.

“I love you.”

“I love you too, wifey,” I laughed at him.

I was happy. I was happy that we were on the same page, but I just couldn’t wait. I kissed Gabe’s chest and he played with my hair as we fell asleep.

The next morning, we decided to keep it all a secret. We would still have the party and do everything Gabe had planned for me. We wanted everyone to share in this with us like they were supposed to. It was the hardest secret I’ve ever had to keep.

“It’s time for you to get up,” Gabe whispered as he reached over my body to turn the bedside lamp on.

“What?” I grumbled, it was way too early for me to be up. I cracked an eye open. “Gabe, I just went to bed like two hours ago,” I rolled over and cuddled into his chest.

“It’s all part of the plan and you need to be surprised too,” He rolled out of bed and rolled back the covers.

I got up and put on some clothes. Gabe came up behind me and put a blindfold on me.

“What’s with the blindfold?” I laughed.

“Just go along with it,” He laughed and pulled me with him through the house.

“You’re not gonna leave me on a street corner in another state and make me find my way home are you?”

“That’s actually a good idea, but no.”

He lead me out and down out to the street. I felt so lost not being able to see. Gabe stopped me and I heard a door opening.

“You’re going to step off a curb and get in a car,” He said sweetly taking my hand and helping me in to my seat. He put my seatbelt on. “Hands on your nose, I’m closing the door,” He said and I just laughed and did as he said and the door was shut.

I felt him get in and sit next to me in the driver’s seat and we were off.

“Can I get any hints?” I was getting antsy.

“No, no hints. How many fingers am I holding up?” He asked.

“I really can’t see. The sleep mask with the bandana over it is clearly a great blindfold.”

“Yes! Success!”

“Give me your hand,” I said and held out mine.

I felt Gabe’s hand in mine and I pulled it into my lap as we drove. I liked just being alone and driving. We rarely just got to do this. I didn’t really care where we were going or what he had planned. I was going to love it whatever it was.

“We’re here,” I felt Gabe nudge me,” I must have fallen asleep under the blindfold.

“Not like I’d know where here is,” I laughed and stretched a bit. Gabe opened the door and helped me out.

“You’ll know soon enough,” He lead me through a door, I heard him open it and he ushered me through and he pulled me not much farther and then stopped me.

“Okay, take off your blindfold,” He said and he was down on one knee.

I looked around and we were in a 7-Eleven store; the store where we first met. My eyes flooded and I couldn’t believe we were here at 5 am.

“Yes,” I cried.

“I didn’t ask you yet,” He laughed.

“Ask me already,” I teased and I couldn’t fight the grin that had over taken my face, along with the tears that were streaming down it.

“Sadler Monroe James, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to wake up and have the first thing I see be you. I want you to be the last thing I see before I go to bed. I love you, so much. Will you marry me?”

“Yes, yes, yes!” He put the ring on my finger and I jumped on him. I was going insane not being able to wear my ring and keep everything a secret. “You’ve always been the first thing I think about and the last thing I thought about before I went to sleep. Even before I knew you, I had dreamed you.”

“Speaking of dreaming, you’re driving back so I can nap,” He teased and carried me out of the store.

“I’ll let you sleep,” I said and we both got in the car. “But, I hope you know there will be no sleeping when we get home,” I kissed him.

“I’m pretty sure I’m the luckiest guy ever right now,” He kissed me again.

“I would say you are,” I backed out and got back on the road. “And I’m pretty lucky to have found such a great guy like you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are amazing! Sorry it's been so long, but things have been super busy with school and life!

I love you all - commenters, readers and subscribers! You're all the best, thank you!

Leave me comments and let me know what you think. I'm thinking of tying it up soon and maybe doing a sequel? Not sure, let me know.