Status: Currently editing, updating and making it a better more cohesive story.

You Should Know

Perfect

“When are you going to tell him?” Meghan asked as I opened the door to my apartment. We had just gotten back from shopping.

“I’m gonna tell him tonight at dinner,” I smiled throwing my keys on the counter and then setting my bags down. Meghan set her bags down and went to sit in the living room.

“What about the other thing? He should know soon, right?”

“I’m waiting for that. It’s not like I won’t tell Gabe,” I laughed.

“Won’t tell Gabe what?” Gabe asked coming into the living room. He only had a towel around his waist and his hair was wet from the shower.

“That I’m giving up meat,” I smiled. I had to be quick I didn’t want to ruin the surprise.

“You’ve already become my wife which is sacrifice enough, isn’t it?” He teased and leaned against the wall.

“I’m glad you dressed up for me Gabe,” Meghan teased.

“I actually feel overdressed. I should probably take this towel off,” He gyrated his hips and pretended to take the towel off.

“You should strip on the side. Your hip movements could probably bring you in like thousands a night!” She winked at him.

“I don’t know if Sadler would appreciate all the other women clawing at me.”

“Oh, it’s fine with me. I love money,” I teased as I walked over to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist.

“Well, now,” He kissed my head. “You can still eat meat and I’ll still love you.”

“I’m okay with being a vegetarian. I was thinking we could go to Counter tonight for dinner?”

“Sounds good to me. Meg, you and Rob want to join us?” Gabe asked excitedly.

“I’m sure he’d be up for that. I gotta go meet him anyway, but I’ll let you know,” Meg said getting up and getting her bags.

“Love you, see you tonight probably,” I went and gave her a hug.

“Can’t wait,” She smiled.

“The east side burger has been calling my name all week,” I said as I shut the door.

“Can we get an extra side of the pomme frites?” Gabe asked running his hands through his hair.

“Whatever you want. This week is all about you before you leave me,” I picked up a bag from my pile and brought it to him. “A little something for you.”

“For me? You act like I’m never coming back,” He laughed and gave me a kiss.

“Open it.”

He opened the bag and then the box that I had wrapped. “These are the ones that I wanted!” He screamed like a little kid. “They have been sold out everywhere…where’d you get them?”

“I ordered them weeks ago for you. I couldn’t send you out on the road with your old Nike’s.”

Gabe took the sneakers out of the box and immediately put his feet in them. He had been eyeing this pair or Nike’s. They were like trying to find a Cabbage Patch Doll in the 80’s. I ordered them before they were even released to make sure I got them. They were limited edition too and I was so afraid I wouldn’t get him a pair.

“It should really be me giving you a present,” He said walking over the wrapping paper and bag to me.

“Why’s that?” I smirked.

“Because I’m going to be away on our first anniversary,” Gabe wrapped his arms around my shoulders and held me tight against his chest.

“Oh that, whatever…you’ll be back soon enough and we’ll celebrate,” I reached up and kissed him and he lifted me up and carried me with him to the bedroom.

“We can celebrate right now,” He kissed me again.

******

“Gabe, did you call Rob back to tell him to meet us at 8?” I asked as I pulled my skirt on in the bedroom. Gabe was of course ready and sitting in the living room.

“Yeah, he and Meg are meeting us there!” He shouted back.

“Does this look okay?” I asked coming out into the living room.

“Did you get that today?” He smiled as he turned to look at me.

“Yeah, is it okay?” I twirled around for him to get the whole look in.

“Blue looks amazing on you. You look gorgeous as always.”

“You’re my husband, you’re kind of obligated to tell me that,” I laughed putting on my heels.

“True, but I wouldn’t lie to you either. I have a certain reputation I have to uphold,” He brushed his shoulder off.

“The people at Counter love me,” I smiled.

“I was talking more about my fans.”

“Oh, I thought you were talking about people who cared,” I said sarcastically and grabbed my purse. “Let’s go before we’re late.”

“Fine! But, you obviously we are a hot couple,” He danced through the door.

We made it to the restaurant with a few minutes to spare and Meg and Rob were waiting for us.

“Hey,” Meg smiled and gave me a hug and kiss.

“I hope you guys weren’t waiting long. You know how Gabe loves his time in front of the mirror,” I smirked at Gabe.

“Surprising considering how ghastly he always looks,” Rob laughed giving me a hug and kiss as well.

“Look at my new kicks!” Gabe exclaimed pulling up his pant leg and putting it out like he was trying to stop traffic and hitch a ride.

“I’m like still 900 on the waiting list!” Rob said a little mad that Gabe had gotten a pair before him. I actually ordered him a pair at the same time that Meghan had stowed away for him. She winked at me.

“I’m sure you’ll get them soon,” Meg said and smiled at Rob.

“Let’s eat!” Gabe said and opened the door for us.

We were seated and we had all been here so many times we had our orders down. We also tended to have the same waitress who knew our orders by heart now. It was sort of scary, but sort of small town feeling.

“Gabe, you pumped for the tour?” Meghan asked sipping on her drink. She was going to force me to spill the beans in front of her, I knew her motives.

“I am, but I’m of course gonna miss home,” He kissed the side of my head.

“It’s really too bad Sadie couldn’t go along with you.”

“It is, but we’ll get through it. We only have a 60 date tour, it’ll be over before we know it.”

“Sadie, I’m sure those hours at work are going to tick by so slowly,” Rob said trying to be natural, but failing. Meghan had obviously told him.

“Okay, what’s going on?” Gabe laughed. “Rob is the worst actor ever.”

“Maybe his lady should keep her mouth shut so Rob wouldn’t have to act,” I teased scolding Meghan.

“The jigs up, what’s happening?”

“Well, I was going to tell you tonight—alone, but I took the three months off from work to go on tour with you,” I was bracing myself for him to be against the idea.

“What?!” He laughed looking at me.

“Well, after September we’re pretty slow until December, exactly when your tour is. It’s perfect, really, but if you don’t want me to, obviously I understand.”

“You’re serious? You took time off to be with me?” He was almost flabbergasted.

“Is that so wrong?” I laughed.

“No, it’s just I would never ask you…okay, I would, but not force you to ever do that.”

“I know, that’s why I want to do it! And we can be together on our anniversary,” I smiled waiting for somewhat of a positive response to happen.

“You’re amazing you know that?” He kissed me.

“This will be great. It will really test us.”

“Hopefully, for the good. I’m ready for the challenge,” I smiled and leaned in to give him a quick kiss.

“Rob, you want to take care of my plants?” Gabe teased. “My girl and I are going on tour.”

*******

“Gabe, I gotta go into town, but I’ll be back in a bit,” I told him as he showered in the venue.

“Okay, be careful!” He shouted back.

It had been one month on tour. It was actually surprisingly easy. We were very good at giving each other space and avoiding being on top of each other. I had been on tour before for a few days at a time and every time I was in awe of how hard they worked. I was in awe of how great they were with their fans and how much their fans loved them. They were just amazing people and hard workers.

The only tough part about touring, aside from the not being able to shower regularly is keeping my secret. I was overdue by a week to let the cat out of the bag, but I wanted to wait for a perfect moment. I was running into town to do some errands and a few other things. I was hoping tonight would be a good night.

“Gabe?” I called as I walked onto the bus. Victoria said he had gone to take a nap. I heard him groan.

“Can I join you?” I asked and he moved to the side to let me crawl in next to him.

“How were your errands?” He asked half asleep.

“They were good…I know you’re napping, but I have to tell you something,” I said nervously.

“Mmhmm,” He didn’t even crack and eyelid.

“I need you to wake up for me,” I tried to be as soothing as possible.

“Okay, I’m awake.” He blinked to fully wake up.

“Sorry, I just didn’t want you to be asleep for this,” He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into him.

“It’s okay, what’s up?”

“I am going to need some extra room in the fridge. I’m gonna have to stock up on some food.”

“Okay, I know we’ve been sort of bare bones lately. You can get whatever you want,” He smiled.

“Well, I want some healthy food. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’ve gained a few pounds.”

“I didn’t notice, you look the same to me,” He yawned.

“I won’t look the same after awhile. I’m gonna start getting big,” I smiled.

“If that’s what you—wait—what are you saying?” He scrambled in his semi-conscious state.

“I’m saying that I just made it through my first trimester…”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He smiled.

“I was very high risk and I struggled and I wanted to tell you…I just didn’t want to get your hopes up, but I made it and the baby is healthy,” Gabe and I had talked about having kids. We were going to wait another year, but it just happened. I knew he’d want the baby, but I was still nervous because I kept it a secret.

“We’re gonna have a baby.” He smiled and kissed me and I could feel his hands move to my belly.

“We can find out in three weeks the sex of the baby…if you want,” I smiled.

“This is the best almost anniversary present. Now I know the thinking behind this trip and everything.” He laughed.

“You’re not mad?”

“Fuck, no. I’ve got a healthy baby and a beautiful wife. I understand why you kept it, but don’t do that again!” He laughed kissing me again.

“I like the sound of you saying ‘again,’” I snuggled closer into his chest.

“This kid is gonna be so cute and spoiled.”

“I cannot let them spoil our baby. We’ll have to rent another house just for him or her.”

“I love you,” Gabe stroked my face and just stared at me.

“I love you too and I can’t wait to start this part of my life with you.”

“I can’t wait for this baby, Mrs. Saporta.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for my writers block! It took me forever!

This is the last chapter, but I may do a sequel.

Thank you to my readers/subscribers/commenters. You guys have been amazing! Thank you all so very, very much!

Let me know if you think I should do a sequel or not. :)