Secrets Never Last

4

Hey its Joanne, thought I’d take you up on that coffee offer. You still up for it?

I looked at the text, making sure it sounded okay before I pressed the ‘send’ button on my phone. I was nervous. What if she didn’t mean it, what if it was all a big joke? My mind rants on as I notice a vibration on my bedroom table. I grab the phone as quickly as possible and read the message.

Of course I’m still up for it, Im free at 12 if you fancy meeting me at Café Nero. Xxx

I squealed out loud, which was not a thing I do regularly. What was wrong with me? I just couldn’t stop the feeling of excitement and butterflies in my stomach as I thought of meeting up with her. I looked at the clock and realised it was 11 already. After texting her back agreeing to our plan I ran to my closet to pick something to wear. I decided on some plain jeans and a River Island long-sleeved top with a v-neck. Plain and simple, yet shows that I want to look nice at the same time.

It was 11.45 by the time I had finished getting ready, I had put on a light layer of foundation and some blusher with eyeliner for make-up. And I had straightened my hair and placed it in a side plat.

I was able to use my mums car today so I jumped into the car and raced off to town.

When I arrived at Nero I noticed her sitting outside waiting for me whilst looking on her phone. I leaned on the wall next to where she was sitting, just to wait for her to notice my arrival. After about 5 seconds of her not noticing me there I cleared my throat, and in reaction she jerked her head up in surprise.

“Jesus you scared the living shit out of me” she commented as she rested her hand on her chest.

I giggled and replied “Nice to see you too”

A small smirk came across her face as she playfully glared at me

“I’ll get you back for that” she muttered

Is it a bad thing if that really turned me on?

We walked inside and I ordered my usual Americano, while she ordered a Ti-latte with cinnamon on top. Christmas in a cup.

As we sat down on some comfy chairs in the back of the café, silence came across us as I realised I hadn’t a clue of what to say to her. She just sat there staring at me with this little smile on her face and a curious look in her eyes.

“You're like, really gorgeous you do know that right?” she suddenly said.

I think could have fried an egg on my face at that point. I was blushing so much and I just didn’t have a clue of how to reply to that comment.

“Erm… er thank you?” I stuttered looking down at my coffee

She just looked away with that same smile on her face.

“So what is your favourite snack?” she asked.

The next hour or two consisted of 20 questions. We got to know each other with random questions and to be honest; I thought she was an amazing person, her laugh, smile and the way her eyes sparkled. I liked this girl. A lot.

“Now I don’t want to be blunt here, but I just need to know… You are gay, right?” She questioned.

Once again I blushed brightly and just replied with a light nod. She seemed satisfied.

“You want to come to my house for a bit? I mean we could watch a movie because my dad is away for like, two days” she asked, surprisingly shyly.

My nerves hit me suddenly. I was going to be in a house. Alone… With Emma. I wanted to so much, but I was terrified. What if something happens or something goes wrong and she hates me and kicks me out and I cry and she laughs and – I stop my thoughts as she places her hand on mine.

Everything froze.

I just looked at her. My mind was blank and all I saw where he eyes boring into mine.

She just smirks and says “Calm down, I’m not going to bite”

I smile politely and reply with a smile

“I know… And yeah, I’d like that”
♠ ♠ ♠
....comments? xx