‹ Prequel: Finishing Up

New Beginnings

4. Okay then...

Joe's POV

Its 2:45 and I'm supposed to meet Ella at the park in 15 minutes! I mean, I always liked her as a friend. But now...I don't know. Things are just different. I feel like she's more than that. And I just have to tell her.

I put my earbuds in, and hummed softly with a song by Simple Plan, walking to the park that was nearby. It was usually deserted and today was no different. Ella hadn't shown yet, so I sat down on a swing and continued humming.

Ella's POV

Walking towards the park, I heard a familiar voice. Joe had gone from softly humming, to all out singing. I gently tapped his shoulder, trying not to scare him. My attempt failed, as he jumped a full 2 feet into the air from his sitting position. I couldn't control myself and starting cracking up.

"Ella! You scared me!" he said, grasping for breath.

"How's it goin?" I asked, poking him hard in the shoulder.

"Fine. Well now that your here its all good." he said, and I could've sworn I saw him wink. THAT was awkward...

"Oh..." I mumbled, like the complete idiot that I am.

Joe's POV

"Oh...." she said, her face falling. Great, now I upset her!

"Sorry , I didn't mean to-" I was cut off by my lips involuntarily meeting hers. And much to my surprise, she didn't stop me.

"Joe," she pushed me away. Guess I spoke too soon.

"Sorry, Ella. I should've told you sooner. I really like you. More than a friend..." I said, trailing off and staring at my feet.

"Um...wow. I dunno what to say. I mean, I like you too. But I'm not quite sure how." Ella said, looking up and smiling weakly.

"I know. Its ok. I understand. Sorry, I'm rambling now," I replied.

"Aw, thats ok. But lets just be friends ok?" she suggested, hugging me.

"No problem." I agreed, deciding I would find myself a girlfriend someday, no need to rush.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok I know its short, but I had to hurry up and finish it. I might add on, i dunno.