Betting Chances

Speech

Two cups of coke and rum later, and I'm in the middle of the dance floor. How did I get here? I have no idea.

I really need to stay from alcohol..

Oh, don't worry I wasn't dancing alone. I was dancing with.. Alex?

With his hands on my hips and my arms coiled around his neck, there wasn't any space at all in between us.

If we're being completely honest, I have no idea why I wasn't with Jack. I lost sight of him after the first drink. I couldn't really tell if this was where I wanted to be or not, but, then again, I couldn't really tell what anything was at the moment.

My head was booming. I felt as if I was about to explode at any minute even though it didn't really show.

Shocker, right?

And to make it even worse, my entire body was moving on it's own, yet it was completely numb to the fact that Alex's lips were on mine along with the fact that he had his tongue shoved down my throat and his hands moving up my torso.

"Jesse, what the hell?!" Somebody pulled Alex and I apart.

Through my blurred vision, I could still see that it was Jack.

"What the fuck, man?! You promised you wouldn't go after her!" I swayed in my drunken state only to see Jack pushing Alex into the next drunk party-goer.

"Jack, wait--" I did my best to sober up and hold back Jack.

"Stay away!" He pushed. "Alex, I trusted you!"

"You know what, fuck you, Jack!" Alex wailed.

He wasn't drunk?

"You knew how I felt about her!" Jack yelled at his best friend.

"You knew how I felt about her, too!"

Jack pulled me up off the floor. The rest of the people that surrounded the scene just stared at us.

He opened his mouth, "Why him?" His voiced quivered.

I put my hand on his cheek, "Jack, I--"

He flinched away, "Save it, Jesse, we're done."

We're done. I'm having a nightmare, right?

"W-what?" I felt my lungs grow weak.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

"No--no, Jack!" I whimpered. "I didn't--!"

"Yea, but I saw you." I saw the tears gather at the crevices of his eyes. "It could have been anyone--anyone else, Jesse, but it had to be him?"

"Jack, please," I broke down. I attempted to grab his hand.

He tore his hand away. "I'm leaving."

"Jack, no!!" I ran after him, but with my legs being numb as they were, I ended up collapsing on the side frame of the door.

Alex ran up behind me and tried to stable my posture.

"Get away from me!" I screamed at him with my eyeliner in streaks down my face. I slid down the wall and cupped my face in my shaking hands.

"Get out of my fucking way!!!" I heard. Hailey nudged my head up. "Jesse, what happened to you?"

"J-Jack, h-h-he--" I ended up sobbing instead.

She helped me up, "Hush, now. What happened?"

I took a deep breath, "Jack, b-broke up with me after seeing Alex kiss me." I slid back down.

"You asshole!!" Hailey let her hand slide across Alex's face. "Come on, hun, I'm taking you back home." She helped me up once more. "Zack, can you and Rian help me?"

Zack nodded and grabbed his friend. They each swung my arms over their shoulders.

Hailey looked back at Alex, "Don't you ever come near her again, you understand me?"

Alex stayed on the floor with a red cheek, "Yea, I understand." He spoke clearly, obviously sober.

"Come on, Jesse." She closed the door after us.

"Hailey, I-I have to," I sniffled. "I have to g-go after Jack."

"Not tonight," she hushed me. "I'm taking you home right now."

"Did you kiss Zack yet?" Whoops.

She laughed nervously, "Uh.."

"You wanted to kiss me?" Zack smiled to her.

"Well, yea, but you--"

Zack pressed his lips against Hailey's. "So dinner tomorrow? I'll pick you up at eight? Okay." He answered for her.

Hailey just smiled like an idiot, "Okay."

Zack blushed and went back inside.

"Do you need me to help take care of her?" Zack's friend asked.

"Who are y-you?" I hiccuped.

He laughed at my slurred speech, "I'm Rian."

"R-Rian, you're nice." Wow, I'm stupid when I'm drunk.

"Only if you want to." Hailey sighed.

"I will."

Finally a decent guy that wasn't.. Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
]:
Bye-bye, Jack.

Comment asap!