Sequel: Love's Requiem

Everything I'm Not

And we all Fall down

“So what’s the plan for your birthday?” Jack asked her while she had her head resting on the couch not looking away from the TV.

“What? Oh some friends of mine just happen to be playing a show not too far from where we’ll be so Kevin’s making sure everything you have to do tomorrow is done by 6 so I can go to the show.” She told him.

“Are any of us invited?” He asked as I went and took a seat at the table.

“Yeah, of course I just don’t think you’re going to like it all that much.” She said.

“Who’s playing?”

“All shall perish, The red chord and I don’t know who else.”

“Eh it’ll be fun either way.” He told her as he turned around and looked at me. “Morning.” He muttered.

“Hey” I said quietly.

She wouldn’t even look at me; she looked horrible like she hadn’t slept at all last night. The rest of the drive to Canada consisted of not seeing Bella for more than a minute. And if I did she was either going to the bathroom or with Jack. Rian and Zack would talk to me but I just didn’t want to be bothered by anyone so I stayed in my bunk watching TV or went on my laptop. Bella had started playing guitar because somewhere along the drive I had heard an acoustic guitar as well as her raspy voice coming from the back.

“But do you think of her, hands on my waist? And do you think of me when she screams your name?” I heard her sing as I walked in to the doorway to listen better. I just stood silently watching she was too busy looking down at the guitar
making sure she wouldn’t mess up.

“Someone has been watching Charlotte Sometimes.” Jack joked making her crack a weak smile.

I just shook my head and walked back in to my bunk. If I get her back after this I should just fucking marry her that way I’d have no chance of losing her. A short while after that we got to the hotel we were going to be staying at for the next two days. Somehow against the dismay of Bella her and I ended up being in the same room together. We silently headed to our room and settled in, never once speaking a word to each other. After dinner that night we went to a bar, Bella wasn’t drinking. When midnight hit Jack was already singing happy birthday to her. That whole night her phone was either ringing or vibrating from calls and texts. The show went fine the day before, and like Bella had said by 6 we were all heading out to some venue.

“Oh my god Bella!” Some guy with a beard yelled to her as we got off out of the cab we took there.

“What it is?” She laughed as he hugged her.

“Bella, Bella we got you the best birthday present ever!” Another guy said running out of a van.

“You didn’t have to get me anything, how’s the wives?” She asked as a few other guys started coming out.

“Fine fine, who the hell are you taking out on tour now a kindergarten class?” The smaller guy asked as he looked at us.

“No” She laughed. “This is All time low. Rian, Jack, Zack, and Alex.” She introduced us.

“I see, nice to meet you. I’m Eddie and this is Matt.” He said introducing himself and the guy next to him.

“Bella, your present!” Another guy said pulling her.

“What’d you get me a pony?” She laughed as we followed them inside.

“Something like that.”

“Jack can I hide behind you if it’s a donkey show?” She asked.

“I don’t know I think I’d want to be front and center for that.” Jack joked.

“Voila!” They all seemed to say as they pointed to a band that was sound checking on stage.

“I’m getting the blow up doll?” She asked confused.

“No, no.” Eddie said shaking his head.

“John!” Matt yelled, causing the band to stop and a guy jump off stage.

“Yeah?” The guy asked.

“This is our bestest, best friend in the whole world.” He said introducing Bella.

“Guys what are you doing?” She muttered and gave them both a sideways glance.

“Giving you you’re birthday present duh.” They all chimed in.

“Jesus Christ, they make you look good.” She told Jack making Rian and Zack snort.

“Bella, John. John this is Bella who’s single and looking.” Another guy chirped in introducing her. “Oh and this is the
band of little kids she takes out of the road, all time hoe. How’d you come up with that name?” He added looking at us.

“All time low!” Bella corrected.

“Same thing, you have to go low to be a hoe.” He explained making everyone crack up.

“Nice to meet you.” Bella said shaking that John guy’s hand.

“So I finally get to meet the amazing Bella?” He said giving her a smirk.

This guy is not flirting with her right in front of my face is he?

“Okay what have they told you?” She asked with a sigh.

“It’s actually more what, them, Emmure, Recon, Suicide Silence have said about you.”

“Have I toured with you before?”

“You were supposed to.” He smirked.

“Summer slaughter tour?”

“Yup.”

“Winds of plague?” She asked in disbelief as he nodded.

“Come on Bella, we got a case of PBR waiting for you in your honor.” Matt had told her.

“Water’s good, no booze for me.” she said.

“Don’t tell me you went straight edge?!” one of the other guys exclaimed.

“There’s nothing wrong being straight edge.” John spoke up.

“You’re straight edge?” She asked John who nodded. “So wait that means you won’t have sex with a girl until you’re in a
dedicated serious relationship?” She asked and looked at me the whole time.

“Well I do that regardless. I’d never want to fuck with someone’s emotions.” He told her.

“You just became my new best friend.” She said staring at him in awe.

“Bella you can hit on him later, now why aren’t you drinking?” Eddie asked her.

“Because, I broke my toes and I’m on painkillers.” She explained.

“Only you.” He shook his head.