Sequel: Love's Requiem

Everything I'm Not

The way I are

From that point on, Jack and Erin were talking to that John guy. Rian was helping their drummer. And I was sitting at the bar with a bunch of Bella’s friends while the opening band played. That alone was weird enough because they all thought I was 12.

“What’s a matter kid?” One of them asked me as I drank my beer.

“Nothing, why?” I asked him.

“You look down in the dumps.” He told me. Man if you only knew. “I know what will make you feel better.” He told me.

“What?”

“Yo Eddie, do the trick.” He said to Eddie who came up next to me.

“Okay kid, take your mouth and make an O shape.” He told me.

“Why?” I asked confused.

“Just do it you’ll see.” He assured me so I did so. “Ha! You look like a vagina!” He exclaimed making me laugh.

“See kid, didn’t I tell you. Works every time.”

The music was horrible in my opinion but I had a feeling if I said anything I’d have my ass handed to me. Let alone if they only knew what I’ve put Bella through. When John’s band was up to play, I headed back stage with Matt to find Bella and Jack. Who when I did find them were, dancing around to the music. Bella of course must have known the band cause she kept shouting the words.

“This next song is for the always beautiful Bella, happy birthday.” John announced, as they were going in to another
song, which I think was their last.

“Jack can I talk to you outside?” I shouted to Jack.

“Yeah.” He nodded as he told Bella something that just nodded.

When we reached outside, her friends had started carrying their equipment inside. After offering to help carry the stuff in Jack and I headed to the front of the venue to talk where it was quiet.

“So what’s up?” Jack asked me.

“What happened to Kara talking to her?” I asked him.

“I don’t know man, maybe Kara hasn’t had a chance to call her yet.” He shrugged.

“Great.” I said sarcastically. “Whatever let the birthday girl do what she wants.” I sighed.

“I’m sorry man, but if you wanted Bella so badly you would never have even considered putting Lisa on the guest list.”
He told me with a sympathetic look. “Plus side is, John’s a great guy.” He added.

“Thank you Dr. Jack.” I told him as we headed back in.

Her friends were now playing but she was nowhere in sight. So I decided to look around for her, maybe she’d be in a good mood. I was careful when I walked through the crowd. I walked past where the pit was to see if maybe she was in there like normally but she wasn’t. I headed to the bar only to find Rian and Zack. Jack was looking for her backstage I think. I checked out back, still no sign of Bella. After searching for another good fifteen minutes I gave up and headed to the bathroom because of all the beer I had drank earlier. As I turned the corner to go down the hallway to the bathroom there was Bella. Let me rephrase that, there was Bella having a hot make out session with John.

“Straight edge my ass.” I mumbled as I walked past them to go to the bathroom.

When I came back out, they were still there except this time Bella looked guilty, perhaps Kara called? At this point I didn’t care. All I kept seeing was her with him and it killed me. I guess I now know how she felt yesterday and back in December. Man was I a dick to put her through this. I walked past her not even looking her in the eyes. She didn’t follow after me, I was hoping she would but she didn’t. The whole rest of the show she stayed with John and Jack. We left around 10 because we had to leave early the next morning to head back to the states.

“But I wanna see the red chord!” Bella whined as Jack and Rian dragged her to the cab that was waiting for us out front.

“No Bella, we have to go.” Jack told her.

“This is unfair! I’m the birthday girl!”

“We know Bella but we have presents for you back at the hotel.” Rian told her.

“Can John come?” She asked making John laugh.

“No!” I shouted a little too loudly causing everyone to look at me weird. “I mean, no because we have to get to bed.” I said after clearing my throat.

“Jack, please?” She begged.

“No Bella I’m sorry.” He told her.

“Okay.” She huffed, and then hugged John and her friends. “Best birthday ever!” She exclaimed as Jack pulled her in to
the cab with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
double updates, I couldn't help but post this chapter up because I love it.