Sequel: Insatiable
Status: Only two more chapters to go until finished!

Intensity

Chapter Nine

Pain.[/]

I never realized how strong that Cullen was. Along with how short his temper was. Fucking Christ, I have never been in this much pain in my life. The moment that I began to speak at him, I could slowly see the kindness drain away from his eyes and turn into hazy red slits. But perhaps I'm just imagining it all. I mean no one's eyes turn that kind of red. Not even contacts can do that. I moaned as I lay on the floor, the homeroom teacher was screaming her head off at Cullen. And all he was doing was standing there looking smug.

That asshole.

I slowly put my palm against the floor and tried to push myself up. I was still tangled up in the desk. Cullen had acted so quickly that I didn’t even have time to think. He ended up throwing me and the desk a couple feet, and into the back wall. I pushed myself up and leaned myself up against the wall. I could feel people's eyes on me. Mostly the cheerleaders and the jocks. That’s what my whole homeroom was made up of. A couple nerds too, but they were too into their discolored snot to pay me any mind. I felt a stinging in my eye, and knew that in moments I was going to start crying.

"Who the hell do you think you are?"

The teacher was still screaming. I slowly reached my hand up to grab the tray on the chalkboard and heaved myself up. My body favoring my left side as I walked slowly out of the room. I could tell that the jocks were starting to stand up. Not let me leave. Because if they did, then they knew Cullen would get it all full force. They weren't going to let their star player take the rap for something he did. Of course, it was always Emmbla's fault. It was all bullshit.

"Help her to the nurse's, and I'll be in the office waiting for you. The least you can do is say you're sorry young man. No gentleman is supposed to throw a girl into a wall while she is in a desk. "

Cullen only nodded; I was already almost out the door when I felt a hand slide around my wait and pull me up to where I was standing straight up.

"Let me go," I whispered. I hated how it felt so good in his arms.

"No. Teacher told me to take you the nurse’s station."

"I can do just fine thank you very much," I spat and pried myself out of his arms, only to fall forward and take a face plunge to the tile floor.

"You sure about that?" he whispered in my ear. His hands were once again around my waist, and walking me down to the first floor.

I didn’t say anything. I just limped along side him. He had taken me from the support of the wall. Now I only had him. Even though he was a grade A asshole. At least he was helping me, somewhat. But I also expected him to push me down a flight of stairs at any moment. Cullen was unpredictable like that.

The moment we stepped into the nurse’s office on the first floor, her eyes bugged out, quickly ushered me away from Cullen, and then pushed him out of the room. All the while murmuring something about how he was a bad seed.

"What’s your name hunny?" the elderly woman gently asked.

"Emmbla."

"Okay, now Emmbla what happened?"

I sharply looked down, not meeting her eye.

"Does it have to do with Cullen Reeves?" she asked eyeing me.

"Yes."

"Say no more, we will get you fixed up."

I only nodded as she began to expect my leg that I couldn’t walk on. Shaking her head and mumbling to herself the whole time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! Double whammy today =] (10/22/08) I posted two new chapters for today!!!
I blame my freakishly good mood.

Comment/Subscribe, the more, the more goodies you get =D