Medically Speaking You're Adorable

Chapter Ten - Night Eyes on Icy Patrol

I jumped out from my bed, haha, today I beat that damn alarm clock. There was a reason though, I had to be over at Gee’s by 10am and considering it was now 8:30 I was going to have to move a little to get there on time.

I needed a shower that’s for sure, I was in and out as fast as possible, washing my hair carelessly. I dried my hair, towel around my waist and left the bathroom in search of clean clothes to wear today.

I took a little while to find a shirt but I was now fully dressed, running the straightening iron through my hair, quickly putting on some eye shadow.

This week had been pretty mundane, really school isn’t much fun anymore, not without Mikey. That damn kid Steve had gone and told people about my supposed outburst, it was not an “outburst”, that was clearly my spot. Damn, I got to stop thinking about it, the whole argument keeps making me angry.

Only thing that keeps me from skipping is Gerard, he keeps coming to have lunch with me, bringing me coffee and some sort of edible food. He doesn’t like me not having lunch but completely understands that I don’t want to eat food served by our cafeteria.

He came every day, which was great. I can’t believe he hadn’t thought of it sooner, I wish he had come when Mikey was around, we both would have loved to see him.

I’m so glad I wasn’t alone.

I tugged on my beloved converse, quickly tying up the laces, tightly, I’m clumsy enough as it is.

I had tried really hard, but, the cake hadn’t exactly gone to plan, my mum had offered to help, I probably should have accepted but I thought I could bake, even though I’ve never made a cake before. It didn’t rise, no, my cake had stayed flat to the pan. It had icing though, so it wasn’t terrible. I did have to buy black food dye for the icing but it turned out bloody awesome, Mikey better like it.

I made sure the cake was fine in the tin before slinking my backpack over my shoulder. I didn’t really need it, there are probably heaps of my clothes over at Gee’s, their house is my second home, almost literally.

I started the long walk over to Gerard’s, him being next door and all. Walking up the front path I nearly tripped, I looked down, Argh, goddamn shoe lace, and I fucking tied it up. I always had problems with shoe laces. They constantly come undone no matter how tight I tie them.

It’s to bad Mumma Donna and Don aren’t here, I sure do miss Mumma Donna, I hadn’t seen her in two whole days and needed to give her a hug.

Her hugs were so nice, Gee learnt from the best.

They had to go to some business thing, Don worked at a legal office and there was a large meeting being held in Chicago. Mumma Donna was really excited, she hadn’t been on a holiday for quite a while, I’m glad she was happy, she was such a great mum to Gee and Mikey.

Letting myself in I could here the shower running, damn Gerard, he had only just woken up and was the one to tell me to get here on time.

I got my cake out of the tin, placing it on the plate Gerard must have gotten out. Covering the cake, I moved over to the living room, slumping down onto the couch.

I stifled a yawn, I was really tired.

I lay on the couch, curling up a little, I’ll just rest my eyes till Gerard gets down here........

“Hey Frankie you gotta get up, I’m all finished and Mikey is going to get here in thirty minutes.” I could here someone whispering to me but damn I was warm and so comfortable.

“Sugarrrr, you really gotta get up now, Frankie, come on, up!.” I smiled a little, Gee sounded so sweet when he whined.

Wait a minute, get up? Aww shit I must have fallen asleep, damn it, I didn’t want to go to sleep, I just wanted to rest my eyes.

I blinked a couple times, Gee was leaning over me, his face inches from mine.

“Yay, your up, I’ve been waiting for you, I didn’t realise you were here until I saw your backpack.” He was grinning.

He had such a incredible smile.

“Sorry Gee, I got here and you were in the shower, I only meant to rest my eyes, the dim things just decided to stay closed a little longer.” I giggled as he smiled over at me, I’m so glad he’s my best friend.

“Hey, did you bring the cake?”

My smile dropped, now realising the cake was so embarrassing, I didn’t want to show Gee, he will probably just want to chuck it.

“Umm, well, i-it’s in the k-kitchen” My cheeks were quickly heating up, I bet they were now the shade of a cherry tomato.

“Okie dokie” Gerard walked over to the kitchen uncovering my monstrosity.

“I’m r-really s-sorry Gee, I tried really h-hard but ... but I just didn’t know h-how.” I was getting upset now, me and my fucked up emotions.

Gee just smiled at me, “Don’t worry Frankie, it’s great, I know he’ll like it” He understood, I sighed in relief, he wasn’t going to chuck it. I don’t even know why I thought that, Gerard would never do something so horrible. I guess I just wanted him to like it.

Gerard walked over pulling me into a tight embrace, I guess he knew that it was worrying me, I wouldn’t be surprised. I cuddled into his chest, breathing in his familiar smell, predictable if you knew him, coffee, cigarettes and lavender soap.

“I love the black icing, how the fuck did you do that?” Gee asked, as we pulled away from the hug.

I beamed up at him, our height difference was clearly noticeable, I was 5”4 after all.

“Oh, I just got black food dye”

“We are so going to use that in everything now.”

“He’s going to be surprised, me! making him a cake.”

“He’ll love it, I bet he’s been missing you heaps these two weeks.”

“What, just me? Gerard, I bet he missed you bloody terribly, you guys are the closest.” I gave him a goofy smile at the end, sending him into a fit of giggles.

I love it when he laughs.

I heard a car pull up, yes, yes, he’s here.

Both our eyes light up, pushing the cake into the center of the table we ran to the door to greet him.

The door was opening, Mikey stood their laughing at both of us, squished together so we could both stand in the doorway.

Gerard gave Mikey a hug, letting him inside the house, I grinned at Mikey before jumping at him forcing him to the ground.

“I missed you Mikey.” I squealed.

“Yeah, I can tell, if I knew I was going to be pummelled to the ground I would of came home sooner.” He said laughing.

“Oh, sorry, sorry, I’m just excited.” I hugged him, most probably squeezing him half to death.

I let him up, Gerard motioning for both Mikey and I to come into the kitchen. I was blushing again, I hope Mikey didn’t hate my “welcome back home for the weekend” cake.

“Woah, who made the fucking awesome cake?” He didn’t look like he was faking it either, he genuinely looked amazed.

“Frankie made it, how wicked is the black icing?

I was still blushing, he liked it, I was so glad.

“So, what’s college life like Mikes?”

We spent the rest of the day learning all about college and Mikey’s new found friend, her name was Alicia and they both had psychology classes together. He accidentally knocked her into the fountain I had seen when we dropped him off, ha, some how after that they had become friends.

It was night time now, and we were watching Dawn of the Dead, I knew every fucking line to this movie, we all did. I loved it, Mikey was utterly obsessed.

I yawned, it was getting late, damn, it was already one am. I pushed myself down a little so I was laying flat on the pull out couch. Tucking my fringe behind me ear, I pulled the blankets up to my chin.

Curling into Gerard, I fell to sleep almost instantly.