This Cloud Just Keeps on Covering

Thirteen

Ray and Mikey congratulated us, hugging both Frank and I tightly. They asked all about Hunter and were pleased also that he was a My Chemical Romance fan. Is he wasn't they would have to force the music into him.

From behind me, the phone rang loudly. I scurried over to it, picking it up happily.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Mrs. Tessa Iero?" a man asked.

"Yes, may I ask who's calling?"

"It's Mark from the adoption agency. Well, tomorrow you can come by. I think Hunter wants to ask you something, though," he said.

"Oh, alright. Yeah, we'll be by tomorrow, first thing in the morning," I replied, nodding.

"Okay, bye."

I hung up the phone and turned to Frank. He grinned at me and pulled me onto the couch, kissing my head.

"Who was that?" he asked.

"Mark. He said tomorrow when we pick up Hunter, Hunter needs to ask us something," I explained.

Frank nodded and turned to the other four guys. They smiled at us and went back to talking to one another. I rested my head on Frank's shoulder, smiling softly to myself. Frank wrapped his arm around my shoulder, exhaling. I listened as the guys talked, thinking about how my life would change tomorrow.

I hadn't noticed I fell asleep. When I woke up, I was in bed. I slowly got out and walked into the living room. Frank was drinking is coffee, dressed in his black button up and tight black jeans. I smiled at him and walked over.

"Do I look too fancy?" he asked, fidgeting with the collar of the shirt.

"No, you look fine," I said, shaking my head.

Frank nodded and rinsed out his empty coffee cup, a nervous look on his face. Chuckling, I walked out of the room and grabbed my clothes. After sliding on my green sweater, I put on my pair of black flats. I fixed my hair and clipped in the bow Frank had given me in the hospital. Smoothing on my lip gloss, I walked out of the bathroom and back into the living room.

Frank twirled his keys in his hands, humming. I grabbed his hand and pulled him outside with me.

At the adoption agency, we met Mark up at the front. Hunter walked into the room with us, holding onto his small suitcase. We smiled at him and gave me small hugs. As we began to leave, Hunter spoke up.

"Tess- Mom?" he called out.

I smiled at the word. "Yeah?"

"My little brother is still there. I really don't want to leave him behind," he said, his green eyes pained.

I frowned and stopped in my tracks. Frank gave me a little smile, a sparkle in his eye. I think I knew what he was thinking. Smiling, I looked over to Mark.

"We can't let him be alone," I said.

Mark nodded and walked down the hall. After a few minutes, he walked out with a small boy, around the age of five. He smiled at us, his big green eyes glittering. He was adorable.

"I want him too," Frank said, smiling at the little boy.

"You sure?" I asked.

Frank nodded. So, we walked back into the meeting room with Mark. After filling out more paperwork, he let us leave. I turned to Hunter.

"What's your little brother's name?" I asked.

"Jaxon," he said.

I smiled down at the little boy, kneeling down. "Hi, Jaxon."

The little boy giggled and clung onto me. I smiled at him and picked him up. Frank smiled at the two kids and began walking out. We walked behind him, each smiling greatly.

"Do you want your own room or do you want one with your brother?" I asked Hunter.

"I'll share with him," Hunter sad, getting buckled in the car.

I nodded, but then frowned. We didn't have a car seat. Biting my lip, I passed Jaxon to Hunter.

"We only live about three minutes away. Can you hold him?" I asked.

Hunter nodded and laughed. I smiled at him and shut the back door, getting into my own seat. Frank was about to blast our stereo like normal, but the remembered there was a little kid. He turned off the radio and drove back home, his smile never leaving his face.

When we got to the apartment, I grabbed Hunter's suitcase and walked up the stairs. Frank talked with Hunter excitedly, telling him he could meet the guys soon. Hunter seemed excited about that.

Once inside the apartment, Hunter had a small gasp. Frank and I laughed as the teenager gazed around as if it were a palace.

"You live here?" he asked.

"Yep," I said, tossing my keys into the bowl.

As I expected, Bella rushed into the room, sniffing at the boys. Jaxon gripped her coat tightly, but she didn't mind.

"That's your sister, Bella," Frank said.

"Aww, I've always wanted a dog," Hunter said, playing with Bella.

"She's a good dog. If you want, she can sleep with you in your room," I said.

Hunter grinned and me and nodded. I carried his bag into his room and walked out to see Frank smiling as the two boys patted Bella. He hugged me tightly.

"I love you," he sighed.

"I love you too, Frank," I laughed.

From over by the dog, Hunter smiled at us as if saying he loved us too.