This Cloud Just Keeps on Covering

Three

Tessa's Point of View

"Oh, hi Jon," I said, smiling softly.

"Hey Tess," he answered, sounding a lot happier.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"Well, I was kinda wondering if you would want to hang out," he asked shyly.

"Yeah, wanna come over now?" I asked, looking over to Frank.

"Sure!" Jon agreed.

I nodded and gave him our apartment number. He thanked me and said he would be over soon. Hanging up, I set my phone on the couch and looked over to Frank. He was staring at the ground, his eyes troubled. I sat next to him and kissed his cheek.

"You okay?" I asked.

Frank nodded and smiled at me. I got up and turned on all of the lamps. Bella followed me as I did so, sniffing at the ground. Frank remained on the couch, keeping his eyes on the ground. I frowned, not sure what was wrong. But, when I heard a knock on the front door, my lips formed a big smile. I rushed over to the door and unlocked it. Jon grinned at me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, laughing.

Jon let go of me and smiled. I smiled back, sighing. He looked so much better than when I last saw him. He looked a lot healthier and he was much more cheerful. Grinning, I walked into the living room, Jon right behind me.

"Hey Frank," Jon said, smiling.

"Hey," Frank said, giving a small wave.

I sat down on the couch with Frank across from Jon. Frank gave me a worried look, but hooked my hand with his own. I squeezed it and looked over to Jon.

We talked for a while. Apparently, he was doing a lot better. He had agreed to get help and see a shrink. And because of that, Jesse was a lot happier also. Jesse could go back to the job he loved now that his brother could be at home without trying to kill himself.

"I'm glad you're getting better, Jon," I said truthfully, smiling at him.

"And Tess, I just want you to know I'm so sorry about everything. I let my jealousy get to me. I'm so sorry. If Frank makes you happy, then I'm happy for you," he said, his grey eyes bright.

"Aww, thanks Jon. You don't know how much that means to me," I said, turning to Frank.

I laughed when I saw Frank was almost asleep again. He smiled at me and pushed his head into the pillow, Bella sniffing at his face.

"I can go. You guys seem pretty tired," Jon laughed.

"Thanks, Jon," I said, standing up.

Nodding, Jon made his way over to the door. I waved him goodbye and shut the door, sighing. I walked over to the couches to find Frank almost asleep. Laughing, I pulled him up and attempted to put him over my shoulder. That failed, though.

We fell onto the wooden floors with a thud and began laughing. I got up from the floor and pulled Frank with me once more. I didn't dare carry him, though.

I got ready for bed and crawled under the sheets, Bella lying on top of me. I patted her head and turned to Frank, who was just about asleep. Giggling, I pushed Bella over to him. She took it as a game and began walking on top of Frank. The dark haired man groaned and tried to push Bella over to my side.

"Stop," he whined.

"Whiney baby," I laughed.

Frank opened his eyes and turned to me, glaring. "What did you call me?"

"Whiney baby," I said, crossing my arms.

Frank pushed me off of the bed, laughing when I landed. Chuckling, I got back up and slapped at Frank. He tried to catch my hands, but I was too fast. Bella rushed over to us, trying to participate in our little fight. Finally after a while of fighting, we stopped.

"Go to sleep, Vanilla," Frank mumbled, smiling.

"Go to sleep, Space Cadet," I answered.

Frank laughed and pressed his lips to my own. Laughing softly, I turned out the light and shoved my face into my plain black pillow.

"I love you," Frank said.

"I love you, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
AWW