Status: Slowing updating

Wreckage From the Past Haunts Me; Shakes Me to the Bone

Chapter 46: Nikki's life

Nikki's POV

"But Dad! Come on you cant do this to me! I'm 22 years old! Its mine!" I whined and tried to jump for the keys to my motorcycles. I was over at my Dads house because I always stay over after a tour is done and over with because I miss being away from my dad; he’s my best friend and my only family I have left. Right now we were fighting over my keys.

"I just did and that's final sweety. I don't want you riding your bike with my grandson or grand-daughter in there." he replied calmly and slightly amused still keeping his hands and the keys up high and out of my reach. See I'm only about 2 inches shorter than him but he’s stronger so it doesn't work out so easily. After a few minutes I gave up because my legs were starting to hurt and i was beginning to feel the need to bring up my breakfast -again.

"Its for yours and the Babies safety! Besides you only got another 7 months to go!" He yelled up the stairs after me.

"Only." I grumbled and slammed my bedroom door. Flopping down on my king size bed something crashing to the ground off of my night stand as I did. I sighed as I turned over and peeked off the side of the bed to find out what fell. Glass from a picture frame was scattered on the ground along with a small white envelope that looked aged. I carefully picked up what was left of the picture frame and the envelope putting it on the night stand and just staring at the photograph.

It was a photo of when I was 7 1/2 years old laying on my mothers stomach holding my beige teddy bear that she had given me for my 3rd birthday. We were both smiling, me looking at the camera as she looked down at me lovingly. It was one of the last few photographs I have of me and her because she past away a couple months later from ovarian cancer. I stared at the picture for a few moments longer before I turned to the envelope. As I took the contents out of the envelope a smaller slip of paper with numbers fell out but I stuck it to the side and went for the larger paper.

To my little Rockin princess,

I am truly sorry that I could not be there to watch you grow up but it was my time to go. I hope you understand that it was not my choice, because if I had one I would never leave you or James. I loved you both so very much! I still love you, always have and always will.

Even though i wont be physically with you, I’ll be watching you grow older and become the woman I know you will be. Your father will take great care of you because he will only want the best for you. So listen to him and give him a break!

I’m sorry I couldn’t see my grandchildren, but if they’re anything like you they’ll be hell-raisers! I hope you find the man that will treat you right just like James treated me. Make sure your father approves of him. If your father approves of him that you’ve found the man that will treat you right and never break your heart. He always did have a good sense of character. What about Johnny-boy? He was always sweet and your dad loves him. Anyway enough of talking about boys...I need you to do something though. Once you read this letter I need you to ask your dad for the pin for the bank account that I had set aside for you and your family. Maybe you can use it for a wedding. Maybe for my grand children’s college fund...hint hint...It’s not much just a few grand, but it’ll get you started. God I would have loved to see you get married. I have to go now however, if I don’t you won’t be able to read this because of the tear stains. Nikkita Nicole I will always love you, but sometimes things happen that we aren’t in control of.

I will always love you-
Your mother


Tears pricked my eyes as i read the letter. I missed my mother so much, She was the one woman I looked up to when i was younger. I always wanted to be her - she was funny, caring, protective, smart.... and the list could go on. I picked up the photo once again and looked it over before deciding that i would visit my mothers grave for a while.

<><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><

*Johnny’s POV*

I was so excited that i had found the perfect one. Now all I had to worry about was her answer. I turned in to the drive way her Dad's house(hopefully soon to be father-in-law).

"Hey James, where’s Nikki?" i asked as i strolled into the living room with a big grin on my face.

"She should be in her room" he replied pointing up the stairs. I nodded and jogged up them, and swinging open her room door.

"Nikki?" I called but got no answer. Weird. I looked over her whole room before starting to panic a little bit. I raced down the stairs almost running over her dad in the process.

"She’s not there" I breathed out.

"Well calm down she must have went out then." James rationed. I nodded my head and thought he was right. We went back into the living room and watched TV for an hour or so before I started to get nervous again. It was starting to get late and she isn't back yet. She never even told her Dad where she was going and she always does. I got up and made my way to the car deciding to go out and look for her.

After an hour of looking for Nikki I had not found a sign of her.

"Where could she be? Where could she be?" I muttered under my breathe as my phone rang.

"hello?... No i haven't-Where? okay ill check . Thanks James" I hung up the phone and made a U-Turn speeding to the cemetery. I parked at the gate and ran through it to the secluded spot where her mother was buried. there she was leaning up against her grave stone.

"Baby?" I said quietly caressing her tear stained cheeks. She smiled faintly and hugged me lightly burying her face in my neck. I picked her up , switching spots with her and cradled her.

"I was so worried, I got back from the jewelry store and you weren't at your dads" I murmured as I played with her hair. She slowly turned her head to look at me.

"I'm sorry I just really needed to visit my mom" I nodded in understanding and we sat in silence for a few minutes.

"Nikki?"

"Hm?" was her response

"you know I love you right?" .

"Yes of course I know that. Why what’s wrong?" she asked looking concerned with her already glossy eyes.

"Nothing nothing... its just that... Well " I began to say but was trying to pick the right words to say.

"I know this isn't a very romantic place or anything but would you marry me?" I finally managed to say. All I saw was a faint smile before her lips were fused to mine.

"Yes Johnny I will " she smiled ,pecked my lips once again and leaned back into the crook of my neck. Soon after I started hearing her steady breathing and thought it was about time to leave and I carried her bridal style back to the car but as I was getting up she turned a bit and whispered something.

"You were right momma" and feel back into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Written by Patti aka VengeanceIsABitch. Amazing ain't it?!

Sorry things have been a little slow. I have an amazing boyfriend right now so I'm kind of focusing on that, but I'll have another update out soon.