Status: Slowing updating

Wreckage From the Past Haunts Me; Shakes Me to the Bone

Chapter 47: Back with the kids

Trista’s P.O.V

The sun danced across my face waking me from my once peaceful sleep. I sighed, yawning and snuggled deeper into the nice thick warn blankets. Sadly something was missing, my pillow and by pillow I mean Jimmy, that from what I can hear in the kitchen, he’s making us breakfast. I sat up holding the sheet to my chest. I looked down to see that Jimmy had laid out my black silk robe for me, knowing that I wouldn’t want to get dressed unless I take a shower, but wanting to see him. I swear he knows me too much for his own good. I would have just put on a pair of his, but it looks like the ones I want he has. I sat up a bit more and pulled on my robe and tied it before climbing out of bed, wincing as my feet hit the cold floor and a slight pain shot through my hips. I walked out of the bedroom, down the hall, and into the kitchen, where I found Jimmy making breakfast. I stood at the door leaning against it as I watched him flip the french toast and bacon. He reached to flip the bacon on the back burner, but his hand hit the pan that had the french toast in it. I sighed when his hand retracted and he hissed. I walked over to him and grabbed his hand, that he was rubbing, and put it under cold water.

“Morning baby.” He said as he grinned. I laughed and said morning back. His voice was still raspy, which I love.

“Here I got this, why don’t you go get dressed?” He asked as he winced slightly. I bit my lip and kissed him before nodding and walking back into the bedroom. I grabbed out a simple tank top, a pair of my dark blue jeans and a pair of Ed Hardy socks..Yes I have Ed Hardy socks. I turned on the water so it was steaming and got in, relaxing instantly as it ran down my back. Once it hit my hips I hissed in pain. I looked down to see my hips were lined with hand prints and fingernail marks.

“James Owen Sullivan I’m going to kill you!” I yelled as I lightly touched my hips.

“What’s wrong?” He asked as he came into the bathroom.

“My hips are fucked up.” I said as I pouted.

“I’m so sorry baby.” He said as guilt flashed across his face. He walked over to me and lightly traced my hip with his finger making me wince again.

“Don’t worry about it babe. It just took me by surprise.” I said as I looked up at his eyes.

“I’ll get you your sweat pants instead and we can put ice on your hips when you get out ok?” He asked as he swallowed.

“Ok baby.” I said as I stood back under the water and let it wash over me as I watched him walk back out of the room. I bit my lip knowing that I made him feel bad again...I gotta stop that. I finished up and got out of the shower and pulled on my underwear and my tank top and the sweat pants Jimmy brought me which happened to be my Ed Hardy lounge pants that Matt bought me for my birthday. I walked out to see that Jimmy had set breakfast on the table and he was putting Freddy Vs. Jason. I smiled and walked over to him.

“Baby. My hips don’t hurt that bad I was just surprised because I didn’t feel them until the water hit them.” I said as I took his chin between my fingers and made him look at me.

“I just feel bad you know...It’s like Edward and Bella.” He said as he stopped and looked down at me with a questionable look. I started laughing, knowing that I was, in fact, the reason he knew that!

“I need to stop listening to you about that series.” He said as he shook his head. I leaned up and kissed him before walking back over to the couch. He started the movie and handed me both my breakfast and a cup of hot chocolate. I smiled and settled down with my back against Jimmy’s chest while we both ate.

“I love this part!” I said as watch Freddy impersonate Jason’s mom.

“I know you do. Here let me see the plates and I’ll take them into the kitchen.” He said as he sat up and grabbed our plates. I sat up not taking my eyes off the movie until I felt his hands on my shoulder pushing me back. I looked up at him and smiled before gasping as I felt ice being placed on my hips, making them burn slightly.

“Sorry baby.” He said as he kissed my forehead.

“Not your fault.” I said as I closed my eyes. He picked up my head and set it on his lap and ran his fingers through my hair making me relax.

“It kind of is babe.” He said as he chuckled slightly. I thought about it before shaking my head. About half way through the movie my phone went off scaring me since Freddy had just appeared out of now where on the TV. Jimmy laughed and stood up to grab my phone. His face scrunched in confusion as he handed me the phone. I looked at the screen to see it was Mama Sullivan.

“Hello?” I asked answering the phone.

Trista! Oh god. Someone broke into the house! I took the kids to the park and when I came back everything was ransacked. I’m so sorry...” She said into the phone. I shoot up and quickly walked into the bedroom.

“Mama did you call the cops?” I asked as I muted the phone for a second to tell Jimmy to pack his things.

Yes hun. They said they don’t know who did it yet though. Oh god this is all my fault.

“Mama this wasn’t your fault. Me and Jimmy are going to come home ok? Don’t worry about anything else. Go over to Syn and Lusty’s. They just went home instead of going out. They should be home now.” I said as I pointed over at Jimmy, “Call Syn and make sure he keeps her at the house.”

“Right.” He said as he hurried over to his phone.

“Mama I need you to get off the phone and hurry over to Syn’s house. Do not leave his house until we get there ok?”

Ok Trista. She said as she hung up.

“Trista. Your shaking. Calm down.” Jimmy said as he hand his hands up and down my arm.

“How can you tell me to calm down when our home was just destroyed? Our kids are at home Jimmy! They got through all of the alarm systems! Your mom and our kids could have been there!” I yelled as I started to cry, “This was my fear! I was so afraid that someone was going to break in and hurt them. Or that someone was going to find out a away to get in!”

“Babe...Babe. Come on calm down. I understand this. I was a afraid the whole time too, but we have to be strong. Come on pack the rest of the stuff and we’ll leave.” I nodded the best I could and started throwing everything in my bag. Once everything was packed Jimmy put it in the car and helped me down the steps since my rushing caused my pants to rub on the bruises and cuts. Once we got into the car we took off home, not stopping to return the key.

The whole ride home I was going over possibilities in my mind. Questions were floating around, bumping into the side of my brain and flying back into the other side, only to get caught in what felt like a whirlpool of confused and rushed thoughts. I couldn’t tell you where one thought began and one ended. I knew my body was shaking, showing the effects of the thoughts in my mind. What if it was Brandon who broke in?....No I don’t think it was. It couldn’t have been him. He’s not part of my life anymore and he never will be. So...Was it Todd? No he had nothing against me except taking Tegan away from him after what he did. He seemed like he was over that. Was it a past drug dealer of Jimmy’s? It couldn’t have been. We paid them all off, but that could have just been the beginning of everything. That could have been the steam of problems. Something tells me it wasn’t one of them though. Not with Matt and Syn around. Ugh who in the world would ransack my home! For three and a half hours I thought long and hard about this. For three and a half hours I couldn’t tell you what we were passing, what song was on the radio, hell I couldn’t even tell you my last name or my son’s birthday. All I could think about was all of the people who would do this, but which one was it. Or was it even someone we knew? Was it just random or was it planned?

“Babe.” Jimmy said as he pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him, wiping my eyes as I did.

“Yeah?” I asked. My voice wavering a bit.

“We’re home.” He said as he pointed to the house. I looked up to see that one of the windows were broken, but outside there wasn’t much damage. The inside however we could see perfectly. It was trashed, but not horribly to the point where we couldn’t fix it. We got out of the car and walked into the house. I stepped on broken glass and pieces of wall.

The first thing I looked at was the walls. There were holes, where they had thrown the lamps and picture frames through it. The pictures I had put up right before we left for tour were now laying on the floor ruined with broken frames, some were luckily still in tact. The painting, which was my biggest worry, that Vicki had done was untouched. Still hanging on the wall in a huge frame.

The second thing I looked at was the floor. Blankets that were once on the couch were now strung out. Thankfully the hard wood floor would be easy to clean up, but that really didn’t make a difference since you couldn’t see it. Jimmy’s favorite coffee table was broken in half and thrown in different places. Our TV was missing as well as the sound system. The speakers that were hooked up to the tops of the wall were ripped down and were no where to be found.

“Every where else is fine. Our rooms a bit messed up, but other then that everything is untouched. The studio was still locked up completely. They didn’t even try to get in there.” Jimmy said as he walked back in the room, “You ok?”

“Yeah I’m fine. Let’s go to Syn’s. We can give him the key to the cabin. Let the two of them have it for the rest of the time and we’ll just stay at his house until we get this cleaned up.” I said as I walked back outside. Jimmy nodded and walked over to the wall, pressing the button that made the inside of his house unnoticeable to the outside viewers. I sighed and walked out of the house and into the car. I could see Mr. Ryans and Jimmy talking. They talked for a few minutes before Jimmy ran inside. I looked at the house for several minutes before I realized that Jimmy was getting the kids bags. When he came out he threw the bags in the back of the car before getting in and driving down the road. We pulled up to Syn’s house where Mama Sullivan was sitting on the steps watching Vicki playing on their front lawn. I could hear Aidyn’s crying from in the house. I got out of the car and walked straight in the house, not stopping to talk to Mama or anything. Syn saw me and immediately handed Aidyn to me. Tears found my eyes and my baby boy was back in my arms. He giggled as I put my head in the crook of his neck. I smiled and laughed before walking outside with him in my arms.

“Mama! Dada!” He yelled as he reached towards Jimmy.

“Trista, put him down for a second.” Mama said. I nodded and did what she said hesitantly. He stood up for a second before taking three steps over to where Jimmy was standing. He tugged on his legs making Jimmy look down. A huge smiled went across Jimmy’s face as he realized what just happened. He picked up Aidyn and spun him around before kissing his forehead.

“Mama!” Vicki yelled as she about tackled me to the ground. I laughed, but winced as she hit the bruises.

“Damn Jimmy got a bit rough.” I heard behind me. I looked up to see Syn smirking. I sat up and picked up Vicki resting her above my hip so she wasn’t hitting anything.

“Dude come on I feel like shit enough!” Jimmy said as hid his face in Aidyn’s shoulder much like I did.

“Sorry man.”

“Hey since we interrupted your guys get away why don’t you guys take the cabin for the rest of the time and we’ll take over your house for a few days?” I asked looking up at them.

“I’ve got a better idea. Why don’t you two take them up there and get away with your kids?”

“Cause that wouldn’t be paying you guys back.” I said as I looked up at Lusty.

“You don’t need to pay us back. Get your ass in the car and drive back up there. Spend some time with your family. I’ll call the Berry brothers and have them clean up your house.” She said as she laughed.

“Thank you guys so much. I’ll see you in a few days.” I said as I put Aidyn in the car seat that Mama Sullivan had put in the back. I set Vicki in hers as well before hugging them all and getting in. I saw Jimmy hugging his mom and tears rolling down her face before she pulled back, kissed him on the cheek and walked to her own car.

“She said she just wants to go home right now.” Jimmy said as he started the car, “Something’s off with her.”

“I could tell.” I said as I rested my head on the seat listening to the sounds of my kids playing in the back.