Status: Hiatus. I'm so busy :/

"Love is Like A Glass Door..."

Off We Go!

The next day, I spent hours on my hair, and was very undesicive about what to wear. There's this huge pile of black and gray clothes on my bed.

I know. I'm a nerd. I don't understand it either. Why was I getting so worked up over Nick? Why was I so anxious?

Well, the whole situation was exciting. And I don't just mean meeting the Jonas brothers. I mean, this trip to Paris with my parents. The sneaking out for the concert. The sneaking into the concert. Sneaking onto the backstage. Needless to say, I love being sneaky. And lying. Lying about my age, a job I don't have... I should do this more often. In other countries, where I can't get caught.

I've been standing in front of my mirror for the past few minutes now, not really content with what i saw. After toying with my hair and trying to work the curling iron (which, for some non-understandable reason, is impossible for me) I ended up straightening out the jagged curls and putting my hair in pigtails.

I yelled to my parents across the hall that i was going to a nearby coffee shop (which is weird for a girl at my age, but whatever) and thudded noisily down the staircase of the hotel we were staying at, drawing unwanted attention to me from the whole lobby. I slipped out the main entrance and at the curb, began pacing the sidewalk. About every two minutes or so, my head shot up when the promising sound of a nearby car rushed by. I was disappointed every time.

Remind me, please, why am I so... NERVOUS?

It had been about ten minutes of pacing on the sidewalk now. I had lost myself in my thoughts, and now that I remembered that I was waiting for someone, I got really impatient. I scowl at the ground. Where the crap is he?! This is getting annoying.... What if he stood me up? Ooh, that'd suck.

I tried distracting myself again, to pass the time, when I heard this REALLY loud engine roaring close to me. It sounded like a city bus or something. The sound makes me look up, and as I do, a sudden surge of surprise coursed through me, making me take a quick two steps back.

It's Niiiiiick.

And he's driving this really awesome.... scooter...

Okay, then. Is he actually driving us on that? Wow. Scooters scare the flying cows out of me.

Though I can see his face through the visor, Nick slipped off his helmet, all lifeguard slow-motion like, his hair making this nice little bounce afterwards. The sorry thing about it is that I involuntarily swooned.

YOU DON'T LIKE THEM!!! Remember that, Penny.

"Hey! Go ahead, jump right on," he called.

M'kay...

He saw my hesitation to get me on that... accident on wheels... and made a gesture that it was fine. I sighed. Better than walking.

Nick hoisted me up onto the scooter, and I shyly wrapped my arms around his surprisingly small waist. Before putting the thing in drive (if it has one) he handed his helmet to me. I stared at it thinking how it was gonna screw up my hair, and then slipped it on really fast to reduce the possible damage.

It was... really nice... if that makes any sense. It smelled... good. It smelled like hot chocolate, or french cappuccino... Mmm... And it wasn't all steamy either. Like he aired it out after every ride or something. I took a big whiff of the interior, glad that he couldn't see me doing it. I might keep it...

Don't give me that look. You know everyone wants a hot chocolate-smelling helmet. You're just jealous.

"All strapped in?" Nick yelled over the roar of his little death machine.

I saluted him, totally feeling like a power ranger or something. The adrenaline pumped through me, though we hadn't started off yet.

"Okay."

He revved his engine a couple of times, just to psyc me out. It worked.

We suddenly jolted forward and I tightened my grip on him.

I was screaming the whole way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Surprised?

I hadn't planned on adding a chapter, but hey, i'm in the mood.
And if you don't like it, blame my supporter
*coughs* Yellow *cough* Eyes *cough* *cough* *AHEM*

^_^ I kid.

I don't like this one as much as I like ch. 1... it seems kinda crappy. Ah well.