Status: i'm sorry for the inconvenience, but i am on vacation from this story at the moment. i promise to ocme with tons of new chapters :D

A Promise Never Forgotten

Love Didn't Leave Us...

The familiar and rough winds of Chicago rushed by me. Everything was just like I had remembered, but even better.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, letting the wind blow by me and carry my hair out of my face. It felt so right to be here.

“Harmony are you alright,” my mom asked me from the front door.

Turning around, I smiled at her. “Couldn’t feel any better,” I replied.

She laughed. “Why the sudden change of heart?”

I turned back around and put my arms up, and closed my eyes. “Because I forgot how good it was living here, how much I just loved the weather.”

“So you think that the weather here is better?” my mom asked.

“Much better.”

With that she laughed the whole way back into the house and left me outside to continue taking in everything.

We moved back to our old house, and luckily the old owners loved the way it was decorated, leaving it exactly the way I had designed it. I would be getting my old room and my first real home back.

I sat down on the newly cut lawn and laid down. The sky was a mix of blue and gray, with very little clouds. It didn’t matter though, because I still thought it was beautiful.

New Jersey was just as beautiful, but Chicago has this affect on me. I feel so drawn and attached to this place. I don’t know why.

I closed my pea coat tighter around myself and closed my eyes. The gentle roar of the wind and the sound of birds drifted me off to sleep, bringing me to a sweet dream.

I had a dream about William.

The soft touch across my face, and his gentle voice, slightly different from what I remembered. All of it felt so real.

As I opened my eyes, I felt the warmth of another person.

William

I looked out my window and noticed a moving truck parked up front. Curious to know who the new neighbors were, I looked out my other window to where I can see the front lawn. In front of the lawn, it appeared to be a girl laying on the grass. Curiosity getting the better of me, I left my room, put on my jacket, and walked over to the other house.

Standing over the girl, I noticed her pale skin instantly. When I finally had a good look at her, I couldn’t believe my eyes.

She was gorgeous, words could not explain her beauty.

It was Harmony.

Thinking it could not be possible, I gently brushed away a stray hair on her face. She was even more beautiful than before. Much too beautiful.

I laid next to her and brought her closer to me, trying to make the space between us go away. Not only the physical space between us, but the emotional space, too.

I held her closely to me and just stared at her, not wanting to lose sight of one minute with her. She moved slightly and rubbed her head on my chest, and smiled softly. She was so adorable.

Slowly her eyes began to open, and I watched the same radiant color of them once again. They sparkled and danced, as she looked at me.

A drop of rain fell on us and soon it was raining.

Without thinking, I leaned in and brought my face closer to hers. To my surprise, so did she.

Our lips lightly touched and something shot through my whole body. Her lips were soft, warm, and intoxicating. I’ve only imagined how it would be to kiss her, and it was never like this. Never this unbelievable.

It felt like we were just there, in each other’s arms, our lips pressed together, for so long. It was like this until Harmony pulled away and looked into my eyes as I did the same.

“Did you keep your promise?” she asked me.

“How can I break a promise that could never have been broken?”

She smiled and pulled me closer to her. “Good, because I could never break that promise either.”

I got up and tugged at her arm, gesturing to go inside my house and she followed.

Harmony was with me, and that is all that mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited by Alyssa