Status: i'm sorry for the inconvenience, but i am on vacation from this story at the moment. i promise to ocme with tons of new chapters :D

A Promise Never Forgotten

Holding On To Some Pieces You Left Behind

We walked back to my house and just chatted away, laughing like crazy.

“Hey Harmz who’s car is that?”

I looked to where William was pointing and instantly knew who’s car it was, but mom’s car wasn’t there yet. So he was home by himself and I would have to be there only with him.

“Umm, must be just someone who called my mom and asked if they can park here, “ I said quickly saying whatever popped in my head.

William wasn’t buying it, but by now learned that there were things I wasn’t ready to tell him just yet.

“Okay, well I’ll see you tomorrow okay? “

“Yeah of course, bye William. “

He gave me a quick hug and I waved goodbye. Slowly I unlocked the door and peeked inside.

Dad.

He was drunk on the couch holding a Jack Daniels with a couple of empty beer bottles already sprawled everywhere. I let a small sigh out so he wouldn’t notice me and tried to quietly walk up to my room.

The door accidentally slammed shut and dad instantly turned his head around from the couch and his eyes stopped at me.

“Hey if it isn’t my daughter, umm. . .” he said slurring and trying to think. I sighed again.

“It’s Harmony, “ I said through my teeth and glaring at me.

Then he looked angry and I backed away trying to escape as he got up, stumbling.

“Don’t you have that tone with me!”

Then I fell to the floor from the impact of the back of his hand slapping me across the face.

I gasped at the site of blood dripping onto my shirt. I wouldn’t cry, I never cried anymore. With all my strength I got up and showed no emotion on my eyes or face. He was drunk and angry, more than I’ve ever seen him.

“Don’t look at me that way you slut!”

Another blow and I crashed back to the wall, hitting the back of my arm hard. That was leaving a bruise.

He took this blow to the shoulder, so I crashed to the wall. Holding the tears inside me, not that they would ever come out. This man didn’t deserve my tears or anything for that matter.

I held my arm and stood back in the same place standing perfectly straight, even when I was filled with pain.

“Your just like your mother, a filthy tramp who can’t do anything!”

That’s what really ticked me off, and he pushed me down on the shattered beer on the floor causing me to have a few cuts on my leg and arm. I winced in pain and stood up.

“How dare you speak about her that way! Your not even here enough to know her. Your just a man already drowning in his self pity, alcohol, and ignorance. So don’t you dare say anything about her when you can’t even be seen as human in my eyes!” I said with pure rage and anger boiling in every part of me.

I punched him straight on the face and he fell down, hard.

What? Seven year olds get a lot of calcium and strong bones from milk.

Just when I was going to bash his face again, my mom came through the door. She dropped her keys and sprinted towards us.

“Honey, oh my gosh are you alright, “ she asked hysterically. I just nodded my head and glared at the unconscious body of my “father” that was sprawled on the floor. I spitted on his body and hugged my mom. She hugged me back and stroked my back, I winced at the pain. I didn’t care though, I was in my mother’s arms.

Dad started stirring and both my mom and I looked at him as he gained consciousness. I looked over to my mom as she looked angrier than I’ve ever seen her been.

“How dare you touch my daughter, “ she screamed to the top of her lungs.
I covered my ears that were ringing from the impact of her scream. My father didn’t seem to enjoy it either as he closed his eyes tightly. My mom grabbed him by his collar, pulling him up and threw him outside on the wet lawn.

“You can come back next week when I have the annulment papers here. “

With that she slammed the door shut, probably gaining the whole neighborhood to look out their windows in concern, but I didn’t care. I was glad my mom had finally came to her senses and threw that man out of our lives. No more having to feel the vile in my throat or the sickness in my stomach when I had to see him or even call him my father. It was all finally over.

I looked to my mom who was breathing heavily and smiled at her.

“Thank you mom. “

She turned to me and hugged me, to tight for my current state but just let her. She cried non stop until I pulled her up to her room and tucked her in. Even though she cried and cried she had a smile on her face. Even now as she lay asleep it was still there. A smile I hadn’t seen in a long, long time. Knowing she was okay I retreated to my room.

Walking into he bathroom, I stripped from all my blood, tears, and alcohol drenched clothes and went in the shower. The warm water cascaded onto me instantly putting a pain on the cuts and then slowly soothing it and cleaning it away. I stood there thinking about not what had just happen, but about something completely different. The one thing that can bring a smile on my face right now.

William Beckett.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you again everyone for reading my story!
it won't be ending anytime soon I guarentee it!
School was crazy!
I hated it, but you know what I don't care!
I leave anger there and think about calmness.
This story isn't about me, it has dedicated readers.
When I started this story and asked you to read it, I brought myself into the responsibility of updating for you all!
So I will!
That' just how much I love you all!
Even if I have two tests tomorrow!
Ugh!

SUBSCRIBE / VIEW / TELL YOUR FRIENDS / COMMENT / FEEDBACK

let's keep getting more stars please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TELL YOUR FRIENDS <3