Gentle Voice

Matt's Point Of View

I walked into mine and Erika's house. We had just moved in together last week. I was supposed to be leaving in a couple weeks for another trip. She wasn't too happy about it. I sighed at the memory of how she had reacted when I told her this time it was going to be to Tokyo.

"Matt you just got home!" her tears formed in her greenish blue eyes. She had her dark brown curly hair pulled back, away from her beautiful face, in a ponytail. I looked up from my cup of coffee sadly.

"I know I did Erika, but they want me down there. I have to go or I'll loose my job," I hated leaving her for so long all at once. We've been dating since high school. She thinks I've forgotten that in two days would be our 6 year anniversary. But there was no way I could forget that. I loved her too much. She looked so beautiful that morning. Even though she was a little pissed off at the moment.


I remembered how her lips were trembling slightly. Her silver snake bites shone in the light above her head. Making it seem like she was glowing. She looked like she was glowing even without the light above her. Her skin seemed more soft lately. Her eyes looked like they were hiding something. But I was never one to push anyone into anything. Especially when they didn't want to talk.

I knew she was hiding something. But that morning I wanted to make her happy. But when I got out of the chair she quickly walked away from me and walked into the bedroom. I went and met Zack at Mc Donald's that afternoon. I had given up on trying to get her to come out of the room. There was no use. She was so stubborn! But I loved her. I loved everything about her.

She was short, and medium sized. I was glad she wasn't one of those anorexic looking girlish girls. I loved how she was different. She didn't care what others thought. I was going to propose on our anniversary. I couldn't wait to. I closed the door behind me and looked towards our bedroom door. It was still closed. I sighed sadly. My smile faded slightly. I walked into the kitchen and over to the sink.

I set down the dozen yellow tulips i had bought for her. It was all I could afford right now. With rent coming up. I just hoped she liked them. I took out a green vase and filled it halfway with water. I trimmed a little bit from the bottom of the stems and put them in one by one. I set the vase and flowers on the table and turned around to be met with Ericka's soft looking gaze.

I smiled softly at her. And opened my arms asking for a hug. She greatly walked over to me and into my arms. I whispered sweet nothings in her ear. She started to giggle. And i knew we would be okay. But then her giggles stopped, and she pulled away from me. I looked at her.

"Matt... I have to tell you something," she led me into the living room and we both sat down on the couch. She looked seriously at me. "I don't know how I'm going to say this without saying it straight..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Contest ends in 6 days! Get your banners and tattoo images in!
Chapter dedicated to: chocolate_is_my_drug