Talking Bird

Sept

XXXXXXXXXXXImage

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked with a rather rude tone. I wasn't in the mood to speak to him at the moment. For no apparent reason, he had chosen to ignore me, and decided to show up on my doorstep as I was about to relax. How rude.

"Nice to see you too, Izabelle." He said, inviting himself into my apartment. I tried covering up some more, but there was no use, the towel hardly covered anything.

"But who do you think you are just entering my home without my consent?" I frowned, standing in front of him.

"Belle," He whispered, "What's with the attitude?" He smirked, playing with the hem of my towel. My eyes instantly grew wide as I slapped his hand away.

"Get out." I harshly whispered. "Just call me tomorrow or something."

"No," He smiled, "I came to apologize."

"You reek of alcohol, Zachary. Apologize for ignoring me when you're not drunk. I don't have time for this. Please go." I begged, opening the front door for him to get out.

He wouldn't leave though. He simply stood in my living room with a blank expression and did nothing, he just stood there.

"Mr.Baker," I asked, walking towards him. He simply sat down on my couch with his head in his hands. " Ugh, I'll go change." I sighed, giving up. I walked to the bathroom and let the towel fall to the floor. I wrapped my satin nightgown around my petite frame and walked back to the living room.

"Izabelle, I'm sorry. I was out drinking with the guys and I thought of how I was ignoring you and I though I'd come by and-"

"Shut up." I said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "You want some water or something?"

"Water." He said, not lifting his head up. I shook my head in disgust and walked to the kitchen, pouring him a cold glass of water.

"Here." I shoved the cup in his face and took my glass of wine that was in the bathroom.

"Yeah I'm gonna go," He mumbled, "I shouldn't of stopped by, I'-"

"Give me your keys." I snapped, holding my hand out. No matter how angry I was at him, there was no way in hell I was letting him drive home in the state he was in.

"But If i give you my keys how am i supposed to-"

"Give me your keys, Zachary." I sternly said.

He sighed and dropped his keys on the palm of my hand.

"So demanding." He frowned.

"I'm doing you a favor by stealing your keys. Call one of your friends to pick you up or something." I mumbled, throwing his keys in my fruit bowl. He wouldn't find them there, he wasn't that smart.

"They're probably just as drunk as I am, sweetheart." Zachary laughed.

"You are the most immature twenty six year old I've ever met, you know that?"

"Touche, that was pretty harsh." He put a hand over his heart and pretended to cry.

"Go to bed." I rolled my eyes at him. It wasn't a come back, I was serious. He needed rest.

"What kind of insult-"

"It's not an insult. My rooms down the hall, I'll crash here. GO." I demanded, and sighed in relief once he left the living room. I grabbed my glass of wine and finished it off in one gulp. I couldn't believe this was happening. Having a drunk client crash in my bed was never what I expected when I accepted that job offer and moved to California. Good lord, were every Californian boys like this?
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, i know.
for rhi, because i love her to bits.
she made this amazingly beautiful banner
comment & i'll update faster.