An Unordinary Adventure of An Ordinary Girl

Part 2

You touch the cold material only to feel normal glass. But in the mirror there stands an unfamiliar girl of light skin, brown eyes and brown hair. A very pretty girl, actually, but...

“This... this isn’t... me...”

You stare at the mirror shocked as a face of a complete stranger looks back at you...

“This… isn’t my face!”

You touch the mirror again, as panic rises deep in your mind.

“It can’t be! What is this?!”

Tears start falling down your cheeks as you whisper:

“But I remember... I remember everything so clearly... I’m... I’m not this girl...”

“That’s true,” you hear a voice and turn around, but freeze at the sight.

Right in front of you there stands a gorgeous man with long silver hair, so handsome; it takes your breath away... You stare gaping at him, while he walks towards you and stops merely half a meter away. His gaze lands upon you and you find yourself staring straight into his eyes. You blink a few times as you blush and try to avert your glance, but it falls on the man’s chest, hidden under a blue robe. You raise your head just to meet his eyes again. You silently stare at his eyes, only noticing their strange color – neither blue nor grey, maybe something in between. Yet, these eyes look at you coldly and you suddenly shudder from his gaze.

“What are you doing in this body, girl?” He asks.

You stare at him amazed, his words still not reaching your brains. This was the first time you ever saw such an amazing looking guy.

“Well?”
The guy asks again and you blink a few times, shaking you head:

“I-I... I’m sorry, what did you say?”

“I asked what you were doing in Yuki’s body.”
The man repeats his words coldly and you suddenly feel guilty of something, though you have no idea what.

“Yuki’s body?” You ask, but seeing a temporary burst of anger in his eyes, you start talking again, “I’m really sorry... I don’t know what’s going on... I just remember getting into an accident and then... nothing! I wake up here and everyone’s just calling me Yuki and all... and I... I...”

You feel tears gathering in your eyes and you blink quickly to stop them from rolling.
You hear the guy in front of you sigh:

“Ugh... I’m sorry. You really... don’t know anything?”

You shake your head.

“I just... they say I have amnesia...” You look up at the guy, tears now flowing down, “But I really... what is going on?..”

He looks down at you sadly, then, smiles warmly at you. Surprised you look at him, at his smile and feel warmth rising up in your chest.

“Calm down,” he reaches his hand out and you feel his fingers touch your cheek.

He brushes away a tear form your skin and smiles:

“Sit down. I think we first need to find out what happened.”

You nod. He takes your hand and you feel your heart skip a beat, as strange warmth envelopes you, as if emitting from his hands. He lets go of you by the bed and you sit down on it, kind of regretting of letting go of his hand.

“Now, tell me, who are you?” The man asks, as he sits down on the other end of the bed.

“Um... my name is Aya,” you look at him, “I’m just an ordinary girl...”

The man nods.

“Um... Who... are you?” You ask quietly.

The silver haired man sighs:

“My name is Leiru. I am Yuki’s guardian angel.”

Your eyes widen and you immediately stare at his back, but don’t see anything.
The guy chuckles:

“I don’t have my wings right now. Let’s just say I’m not in my real form yet. But trust me, I am a celestial being.”

You nod, a bit doubting. Leiru smiles at you and then you hear his voice in your head: ‘Then, how about this?’

“H-How?..” You stutter shocked.

You hear Leiru’s voice again in your head: ‘I can direct my thoughts directly to you. That’s one of my powers. No one can hear us now. You can speak to me like this too, just call out my name mentally and I’ll always hear you if I’m near.’

You decided to try it out: ‘Um... right... Leiru?’ ‘Yes?’ He smiled at you and you blushed.

“Um... then, who is Yuki?” You decide normal talking was more comfortable to you, “If I understand it correctly, I’m in her body, right?”

Leiru nodded:

“Yes, it seems you have exchanged bodies. We call this soul exchange.”

“Soul exchange?”

“Yes. You said you were in an accident, right?”

You nodded.

“Yes. A car almost hit me, but I escaped. Yet, it seems I fell and hit my head. When I woke up, I was here, and everyone called me Yuki. The doctor thinks I have amnesia, but it isn’t so, right?” You hopefully look up at Leiru.

He nodded his head:

“No, you are perfectly fine. Your soul was simply transferred to Yuki’s body. You see, Yuki also was in an accident. She was in coma for a few weeks. Sometimes, when two souls happen to be in the same state, they can exchange places, if they have enough spiritual power. This is what happened to you,” he kept silent for a while, while you tried to understand everything, “You see, Yuki is a very special girl, she is... she has a huge amount of spiritual power. Somehow, the soul exchange must have been initiated when you two were unconscious.”

“Then... how do I go back?”

Leiru kept silent.

“Well?..” You looked at him, “Aren’t you an angel? Can’t you send me back or something?”

He shook his head:

“I can’t. At least, not now. I must first find Yuki. Only then can I try to exchange your souls. This is a high level magic.”

You cast your glance down, thinking.

“Also,” Leiru gets up from the bed, “I think we might have another problem at hand.”

“Huh? One more?” You look at him desperately, “What now?!”

“Well... I believe...” He sighed, “Usually soul exchange only occurs to soul twins.”

“Soul twins? What is that?..”

“Well, it’s complicated...”

“Then say it in a simple way!” You were getting frustrated.

Leiru looked away.

“You see, there are thousands, no, millions of worlds and all of them are parallel to each other,” he looked back at you, “The souls that inhabitant one of these worlds have their ‘twins’ in another world. And only between such souls can soul exchange occur.”

You shook your head:

“Just what... are you trying to tell me?”

“I’m saying that you were transferred not only to a different body, but to a whole lot different world as well.”

“Different world?!” You gasp.

“Yes,” Leiru nodded, “This is not the world you are used to. This is one of the many parallel worlds...”