No One Knows Me But They All Know My Name.

Chapter Three

“Frank?”

“I’m in the kitchen.”

Becca walked down the hall and turned into the kitchen to see Frank still sitting at the table.

“Do you have a grocery bag or something that I can put my clothes into?”

“Yeah.”

Frank got up and went over the pantry. After a minute or so of him rummaging though it, he finally found one and tossed it to Becca.

“Thanks.” Becca rammed all of her wet muddy clothes into it.

They both stood in the kitchen for what seemed like forever and only glancing at each other once in a while.

“You look better.” Said Frank after what felt like a decade of stone time.

“Yeah, that mud was pretty atrocious.”

“No. Not that.” Smiled Frank, now looking at Becca fully. “You don’t look better because you’re clean.”

“Then why do I look better?” Blushed Becca.

“Because you look more like me in that sweat suit.” Grinned Frank.

Becca burst out laughing.

Frank, still smiling, glanced at the clock. It was almost nine.

“Hey, do you want me to give you a ride home?” Offered Frank.

Becca glanced at the clock and saw that it was getting late.

“Yeah, just let me call Martin.”

Becca grabbed the phone and quickly dialed Martian’s number. On the fourth ring Ethan finally answered. “Oh my God, if you are not calling to tell us that we won the lottery hang up.”

“Hey, you won the Rebecca Reed lottery. Is Martian home?”

“Hey Bec, sorry for the rudeness.” Rambled Ethan.

“Don’t worry. Is Martian there?”

Yeah, he is. Hold o-“

“No Ethan. I don’t need to talk to him. Just tell him that I got a ride and I’ll see him tomorrow at school.” Becca did not want Martian to know that she was at Frank Iero’s house let alone that he was the one driving her home. Talk about a natural disaster.

“Alright, see ya.”

“Bye.” Becca hung up. “Alright I’m good to go.”

“Okay.” Said Frank pulling keys out of his pocket. “Let’s hit the road.”

They rushed out into the heavy rain and bolted straight into the old rusty black Toyota.

“Damn, no wonder why you went into an unknown person’s house. ” Gasped Frank as he turned on the car.

“Yeah.” Gasped Becca while she was hiking the heater on high.

“Good idea. Let’s just hope it doesn’t fail on us. Okay how do we get to your house.”

Becca gave Frank quick directions and they pulled out of the drive way and took off. They sat in silence for a couple of minutes.

“Man, how the hell did you get all the way out here?” Asked Frank as he took a turn.

“I was on a run.”

“Jesus, just so you know you aren’t fat.” Laughed Frank. “Do you not have a car or something?”

“I know I’m not fat. I’m on the track team. Running just calms me down.” Laughed Becca.
This wasn’t the first time she heard these kind comments.

“That’s weird. So do you have a car?” Repeated Frank.

“No. I’m deprived of the right to drive.” Muttered Becca.

Frank glanced at her. “Why?”

“Because of the laws against epileptics.” Becca sighed. “I’m epileptic.”

“What is that?” Asked Frank glancing at her again.

“A person who has seizures.” Sighed Becca.

“Holy shit. You have seizures?” Frank’s face was in gulfed by shock. “Damn, you’re poor, you have a major health issue, yet, you’re popular, and you’re smart. You are the most screwed over person I know.”

“Thanks, that makes me feel marvelous.” Said Becca sarcastically. “Tell me more about yourself. You’ve told me nothing about yourself.”

“What’s there to know?”

“Well, who do you live with? Do you have siblings, pets? Your favorite books, music. Anything!” Laughed Becca.

Frank rolled his eyes and he sighed “Why does it mater?”

“Why does it not matter?”

“Oh, come on Becca. “ Said Frank a little irriated. “What is the point? We won’t see each except at school and we cannot talk there. People will twist it, making stories to make you look bad and me a wuss.”

“So? They all think we are someone we aren’t already. What’s the point on keeping that image?”

Frank went silent and remained that way till they reached Becca’s apartment building.

“Is this it?” Asked Frank in a flat voice.

“Yes. Thank you for the lift.”

Frank nodded not looking at her.

Becca grabbed her bag and got out of the car. She bolted through the rain into the cracked pealing building and up the stairs. Once she got she unlocked the door and walked in.

“Uncle Matt?”

No respond.

Becca put down her bag on the table and this time yelled. “Uncle Matt?”

Still no respond.

Becca walked to the back of the apartment to search the bedrooms and restroom. He wasn’t there.

‘Maybe he’s stuck in traffic.’ Thought Becca as she walked over to the phone to check messages.

Two new Messages:

Message One:

"Hey, Becca and hey, Uncle Matt." Jolie had just had always called Matt, Uncle Matt. She didn't have an Uncle so they both have fun with it. "I'm just calling to chat so when you have a chance give me a call. Oh, this message is for Becca not you Uncle Matt." Laughed Jolie. "See ya."

Message over. Next message.

Message Two:

“Hey Rebecca, this is Ron. I’m your Uncle Matt’s boss and I’m calling you to let you know your Uncle is in the hospital,” Becca’s heart stopped along with her breathing. “But don’t worry.” Too late. “He’s gonna be fine. So don’t worry. I’ll call you when I get more news. If you need anything call me at 555-8141.”

End of Messages

Becca snatched the phone and dialed fast as lighting. As it rang Becca started pacing around the room. Her hear was no longer paused but, beating as if she was running a marathon at sixty miles per-hour. Finally on what felt like the hundredth ring a woman answered.

“ ‘Ello?” Asked the woman in a strong French accent.

“Hello, is Ron there?”

“Yes he’s ‘ere ‘old on. May I ask woe’s calling?”

“I’m Rebecca the daughter of one of his workers.” Replied Becca quickly.

“Alright, ‘old on.”

It felt like a half hour before Becca heard the Man’s voice.

“Hello? Rebecca?”

“Yes, I’m here. What happen to Uncle Matt? Is it serious? What’s happening to him?” Gasped Becca, she was on the verge of tears.

“Calm down Rebecca. He’s going to be fine.”

“What is a matter with him?” Snapped Becca as tears silently started rolling down her face.

This whole trying to comfort tactic was pathetic and annoying the shit out of Becca.

Ron took a deep breath. “In the house he was working on today one of the walls collapsed and it got him.” Becca Stopped breathing. “He had internal bleeding and both of his legs are broken. The doctors fix his internal bleeding and bandaged him up well. So, don’t worry.” Becca started breathing again but, in a very shaky way. “Do you need anything?”

Silence.

“ Rebecca?”

“No, I don’t need anything. Is he at St. Paul’s Hospital?”

“Yes, he is but, he cannot have visitors till tomorrow some time after noon. Do need a ride to go see him tomorrow?”

“No. I can get one tomorrow.”

“Alright, if you need anything just call me and me or my wife will help you. Okay?”

“Yeah, thank you.”

“Bye.”

“Bye” Becca set the phone down.

She looked around the empty cluttered apartment. She was alone and she didn’t know for how long. Becca collapsed to the ground allowing her emotions to spill out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed it...comments would be nice. Good or Bad ones. I appreciate them.

Also if didn't know I added to the end of chapter two. Not a lot though. Just so you know.