Gerard Way: The Owner's Guide and Maintenance Manual

Chapter Three: Care and Cleaning

Part I: Care

The GERARD WAY will require at least three meals a day, not counting any snacks he may desire. Coffee is especially important in the morning and before a concert. When he does choose to snack on something, be sure you have a box of Cheez-Its or any kind of chocolate near at hand. If GERARD WAY does not get the snack he wants, he will start whining and running around trying to find food anywhere he can.

As stated in previous chapter, the GERARD WAY absolutely must have time to be alone. While extremely dependent on his friends, the GERARD WAY is a natural introvert and needs time to recover from being around people he does not know. That said, do not force the GERARD WAY to be alone when he wants to be near others; this will cause him to become very Upset, and he may panic.

Part II: Cleaning

The GERARD WAY unit is fully capable of washing himself, though he will often require encouragement to do so. When on tours such as Warped Tour and Projekt Revolution, he will not be able to bathe quite as often and will require more attention. Remind him to shave often, as he looks atrocious with a beard. Also make sure you clean his ears out regularly, otherwise he will not be able to do any concerts and will subsequently need to release his energy in other ways.

The GERARD WAY is also able to dry himself, providing he has enough clean and fresh towels. Do not dry clean the GERARD WAY. Do not tumble dry the GERARD WAY. Do not use a hair dryer on the GERARD WAY. Do not hang him on the clothesline to dry; he will stare at you in great annoyance and likely call for help.