He Loves Me?

Life Begins

When I got to my appartment- a small flat, just the right size, on top of a Muggle store called Geoff's Card store just a few blocks away from the Ministry- I almost fell asleep immediately, but I changed into pyjamas and washed my make-up off before climbing into bed.

When I woke up the next morning, I had time to think over the events of last night. It took a while for my to really get excited over the fact that my life's dream had taken place last night! Draco asked me out, and I was the happiest person on this face of the planet!

I couldn't wait to see him at Auror training in about... two hours, as I looked at my clock. I still had plenty of time to eat and get ready for this exciting day one of my real life.

When I crossed the flat to the kitchen, I found three owls on the windowsill, all with letters in their beaks.

'Haha!' I thought, 'only a few hours after graduation and they already miss me!'

I opened one from a small brown tawny, that I reconized to be Jazz's. It read:

'ADRIANNA!!!!

I'm so excited! Fourteen more days till the BIG DAY!! These two weeks are going to go by SO slowly! You wait until you and Draco are engaged! It'll be torture like you've never imagined before! But, I guess that's none of my business, you haven't even been out with him once, have fun on that date, by the way!

Anyway, I just missed you, which is sad, it's only been a few hours, you should have SEEN Draco's face when you disapparated! He looked like he was going to cry! And he kept feeling his lips and mumbling to himself for a few moments before Blaise and I decided it was time to go. He's a keeper, I tell you! He loves you so much!

Anyway (again?), we'll have to get together before the BIG DAY, if I'm in this kind of state after like, half a day, who knows what I'll be like by the end of the week! Good luck with Auror training!

Jazz'

I chuckled to myself, Jazz always got this way during the holidays! I missed her too, and made a mental note to write back to her the moment I got back from my date with Draco.

The second letter was from Mr and Mrs Malfoy:

'Dearest Adrianna,

We would just like to say, it was a great pleasure bringing you up to be such a fine young woman. We sure will miss you a lot, but keep in touch, and good luck on becoming an Auror!

Lucius and Narcissa'

I felt tears in your eyes, Those two had been the perfect substitutes as parents! Now I had two letters to write! The last owl, I reconized as Draco's eagle owl, and had deliberately saved it for last:

'My beautiful Adrianna,

I already miss you so much! It's a big change going from living with you twenty-four/seven to barely even seeing you. I never really realized how much you meant to me until last night, and I'm glad I did, and I hope you are too.

I hope you don't think I'm moving too fast, but I got you this bracelet- I know they're your favorite colors!- and I hope you like it. I'm counting the hours until I can see you! Don't think I'm obsessed or anything, I just think I might love you.

Three hours, well, now at least.

Draco'

I reached into the enveloppe and pulled out a beautiful bracelet studded with peridots and topaz (light green and orange). I put it on and admired it, it was so pretty! I resolved never to take it off, except when I slept and when I took a shower or went swimming.

I did not think Draco was moving to quickly, I had lived with him my whole life, I thought I could love him too!

I made toast for breakfast with orange juice. Then, careful to take the bracelet off, I had a shower and magically dried and straightened your hair. I put on my favorite clothes (light green short-sleeved top with buttlerflies beaded into it and light brown cargo pants) and walked downstairs to start walking to work. By this time, I had half an hour to get to work. I didn't really like apparating, unless it was necessary. I prefered walking, and I was hoping Draco might be there early too!

In about fifteen minutes, I arrived at the broken telephone box and was entering the Ministry of Magic.