If I Only Had the Heart

o4.

People started to disperse, minding their own business again when Mikey slapped Frank on the shoulder. “What the hell was that?!” Mikey asked bouncing on the soles of his feet. Frank laughed although he was the gay one, Mikey sometimes acted more feminine than him.

“Nothing,” Frank batted his eyelashes knowing that gesture always got him out of trouble with Mikey “I was just having fun, gosh. Your brother has to take everything so seriously geez.” he raised his eyebrows and poked his bottom lip out like he always did when he was being silly.

Mikey laughed and grabbed his best friends hand leading him towards the music room. He and his crew basically lived in there with a few other kids whose life revolved around music. As soon as he stepped inside a girl whom they all knew as Vicks ran up and embraced him in a tight hug. “Hey guys,” she waved and began hugging everyone else. Vicks was so affectionate and easy to get along with. She spoke her mind almost all of the time and she could read people like a book. “Oh my gosh Bren you smell so good,” she smiled lingering close by him before pulling away. She turned around and faced Mikey, “So where’s your brother?”

Mikey shrugged, “I don’t know, he ran off some where with his friends after being all pissy with Frank,” he saw that knowing look on Vicks’ face and looked down. He had met her through Gerard, he had told her about some girl that had just walked up to him and told him, he had the most gorgeous eyes she’d ever seen in her life and they’ve been friends ever since. He was just introduced to her a few months ago when she had saw him and Gerard walking together and swore up and down that they were twins.

The bell rang and they were all off in opposite directions for class. Today was an even day which meant none of the friends had classes together. You see at their school they had even and odd days. On odd days you had your first, third, fifth and seventh periods (obviously) and on even days you had your second, fourth and sixth period classes. If you had a zero period you went to that everyday but only people in band -- like Brendon -- or sports or anything else extracurricular like that had a zero period.

Gerard walked out of second period in a complete daze. He had sat there the whole two hours and twenty eight minutes awake, he was sure of it but his mind just wasn’t there. He wasn’t even sure of what class he had just walked out of until he almost tripped and busted his head open on the stairs. “Chemistry,” he growled to himself gaining his composure and continuing his descent down to civilization. He had exactly twelve minutes until fourth period and he was pretty sure he wasn’t going to make it if he didn’t get to a bathroom… and fast.

“Are you okay man? You look like shit,” Ray asked grasping Gerard’s shoulder. He looked as friend who seemed paler than usual and wasn’t even walking straight. Gerard just shook his head ‘no’ and made a run for the restrooms. Ray followed him, dashing through crowds of people using the same path Gerard had left for him. As soon as Gerard got in the restroom he found an empty stall and empty all of his stomachs contents, which wasn’t much considering he only had a measly cup of coffee this morning. Ray held his friends hair back, worried that something was wrong with his friend. Gerard stood up thanking Ray for helping him and insisted that he was fine. “Maybe you should just go home, you’ve been kinda out of it since this morning.” Ray insisted and Gerard didn’t disagree.

Gerard was making his way to the office to check out when he remembered that he was supposed give Mikey and that little brat a ride. He and Ray had parted a while ago since the bell had already rang for him to get to class. After minutes of acting like he was worse than he actually was the nurse decided that it'd be best if he went home and got some rest. They called Mikey and Frank to the office but Frank never came. Gerard didn't really care and even though Mikey begged he wasn’t waiting for him because he knew the office would change their minds about letting him go early the longer he stayed.

“Come on,” Gerard grabbed his little brothers arm and dragged him out of the school.

“What’s wrong, Gee?” Mikey asked, worried about his older brother. Gerard just shrugged and got inside the car, Mikey following him. He started the engine and pulled off almost over the speed limit silent. “Hey Gerard…” Mikey broke the silence and his brother simply glanced at him to show that he had his attention. “What about Frank?” he wondered where his friend was and if it really was a smart decision to just leave him at school, he was after all supposed to be staying at his house the weekend while his parents visited relatives.

“I dunno” Gerard mumbled not really caring what happened to the kid. “He knows where we live…” he ended the conversation and pulled into their driveway. Mikey gave him a look of despair and Gerard caved in. “Look just call the kid and tell him we came home and that I’ll swing by later and pick him up after school, okay?” he opened the front door, rushing inside.

“Oh my gosh thank you so much! Gee, have I ever told you I love you? Because I really do!” he tackled his brother with hugs and sloppy wet kisses.

“Yeah, yeah just get offa me!” Gerard whined, twisting underneath him. If it was any other circumstance he probably wouldn’t mind Mikey’s affection but he currently felt like shit and didn’t want adoration if it was only because he was bringing that nuisance home to steal his brother away from him constantly.

“Ugh! don’t act like you don’t love me!” Mikey teased but stood up anyway, helping his brother up.

“I could never act like I didn’t love you Mikey, that’d be just…inhumane!” he threw an arm around his shoulder and led them to the couch over in the living room. They sat and watched the shittiest shows they could find on television which consisted of soap operas and those movies that were made in another language with dubbed in voices that were just so poorly edited. It was now almost three and the phone was ringing and neither of them were up to getting it after a round (or three) of rock, paper, scissors Gerard ended up picking up and almost instantly regretting it. “Hello?”

“Hey Gerard,” he could just hear the smirk Frank currently wore on his face through the phone. “Mikey left his phone in my locker and apparently you left me here, so you mind picking me up?” Frank tried to sound sweet since he was standing in front of a group of girls who kept struggling for his attention.

Gerard opened his mouth to say something foul but Mikey stepped over to where he was “Who is it?” he asked. Gerard just rolled his eyes and shoved the phone in his face stomping over to the door grabbing his keys in the process. “Yeah Frank, he’ll be there soon… Okay? Don’t get lost or anything, bye” Mikey joked before hanging up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay so i'm finishing up chapter six right now
and five will be up soon
I'm seriously loving this story though
Why? I have no effing clue
Well anyway enjoy!