Status: Completed.

A Flower in a Field of Weeds

Showing Up On Your Doorstep

Image

Amity's Point of View
"Amity.." he whispered and pulled me into his arms. Just then, I knew it. I knew I didn't love him anymore. There was something missing in his hug- Something Joe had that Jared didn't. "What are you doing here?" he asked into my hair. I couldn't remember anymore. Why was I here? I became suddenly aware of the box of lyrics in my backpack.

"Jared," I began, quietly. "I can't keep these." I pulled away from him gently and unzipped the backpack, revealing the box.

His eyes narrowed on the box. "They're yours, Amity. I wrote them for you. It doesn't matter if you love me or not- They are yours." he replied, pressing the box to my chest slightly. "I am not taking them back." I sighed and placed them on the end table a few feet away. He closed the door behind me and asked, "Is that what you came here for? To shatter me, Amity? I swear, you are so different. In the period of a few years, you became someone I knew and someone I don't." His voice was dark, as if he were extremely upset with me. I remembered that voice. He was disappointed. I felt my heart sink. I hated that feeling.

"I didn't come to 'shatter' you, Jared. I just- I don't want this happening. I can't keep thinking I am happy with Joe and turning around to have you make me second guess myself-" I began. He smirked widely. "I make you second guess yourself?" he asked, smoothly. I stopped in mid-sentence and rolled my eyes. "I am serious. I love Joe.."

"Then, why are you here, Amity?" he asked, walking towards me. I stood my ground. "If you love your popstar so much, why are you here.. with me?" He was so close that I could feel his breath on my skin- Just like I used to to- but it wasn't the same. I didn't get the violent shivers. I didn't get the butterflies.

Quickly, before he could advance on me anymore, I grabbed the boxed and shoved it in front of him. "To return these." I replied. So it was a bit of a lie but it became the truth in the amount of time it took to come here. He frowned slightly and sighed. He took the box of lyrics, set them aside and made his way to the other side of the room.

"Well, you aren't my Amity anymore and I know I don't love who you've become as much as I love who you were- But it doesn't mean I don't love you. I just don't love you in the same way you know? I don't think I can love anyone in that same way. I want to be friends, Amity. I miss you a hell of a lot." he said, reluctantly. I smiled and nodded. "I'd like that." I replied.

He smiled slightly. "I can get used to this new punk rock princess. Sure its no metal master as you used to be but I still like it. And, if my metal master does happen to return, tell her I love her and always will. Tell her I am always yours." he said. "But, until then, I assume you'll want to get back to your popstar? Take the lyrics, though, really. Maybe it will encourage the return of my Amity." he said.

I nodded and returned his smile. "Thank you, Jared." I whispered. I loved Joe. I loved him with everything I had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment, please! :D
Because, seriously, 28 subscribers and only four of you commented me.