The Effects of My 15th Birthday

Chapter 4

Image

I was brought to reality by a hand waving in front of my face, which belonged to none other than… Joe Jonas. I turned around and ran back to my room as fast as I could, leaving everyone in that room stunned and shocked. I locked myself in my room, when I got back to it. I was looking around my room trying to slow my breathing, when I noticed a mini fridge. I mentally slapped myself.

“Why didn’t I see that before?” I asked myself out loud.

So, I put on my iPod and played it through the iPod home while getting a ham and cheese sandwich with a bottle of white grape juice out of the mini fridge. Then the song ‘Time After Time’ came on and I was singing along.

“Sometimes you picture me; I’m walking too far ahead. You’re calling to me, I can’t hear what you’ve said. Then you say ‘go slow’, I fall behind. The second hand unwinds. If you’re lost you can look and you will find me. Time after time. If you fall I will catch you, I’ll be waiting. Time after time.”

I started sobbing and managed to choke out
“I can’t find you Mom. I’m looking, but I can’t find you.”

What I didn’t realize was that someone was on the other side of the door listening to what I was saying and previously singing. That was until they lightly knocked, at which I froze at the sound of in terror. That’s right, on my place on my bed – with a sandwich in one of my hands and a bottle of white grape juice in the other – I was frozen in terror.

I gathered up enough courage to pause my music and shakily yell with my voice cracking in a few places
“Who is it?”

Then one of the most angelic voices that sings so many of my favorite song – also a voice I thought would never ever talk to me – replied
“It’s Joe. Can I come in?”

There’s no way on God’s green earth I could say no to that voice at the moment, I just didn’t have the strength or hatred towards him. I went towards the door and opened it before my brain could register that I probably looked like crap. I opened the door slightly, walked over to my bed and sat down

He came over to me on my bed, sat down, and pulled into a tight warm, and welcomed embrace; then asked
“What’s wrong?”

I shook my head, well as much as I could with it being held into his chest
“Nothing, nothing at all”

“Well that’s the understatement of the year. If I’ve learned one thing in my life, it’s that people don’t cry over nothing.”

I laughed and he chuckled
“Well if you must know. I miss all of my friends, but most importantly my mom.”

I looked down with tears streaming down my face, trying to choke back my sobs. He just held me tight. Man, this guy not only has good looks and is talented in the music department, but he’s sweet and caring.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to post, I've been a bit busy. I went to a football game Friday, our team won by 20 points!!!!!! I didn't really pay attention to the game though, it was all about the friends. Anywho, read, comment, subscribe. Have a nice Labor Day!!!!

Image

~Lauren~