Love Is Dead

Bars Aren't Always Good.

I dragged the shy boy to the floor and danced, I brought the streets to this club. We earned a few stares as I moved my body to the rythm of the song in ways some of the world best dancers look at me in envy. They envied us even more when my sister got onto the dancer floor. After a few minutes of dancing, he finally let it all go.

"Finally." I shouted in his ear.

"Oh shut up, will ya?" He smirked.

"Don't hate." I smirked and laughed as I twirled around.

"Kay!" Someone tugged on my shoulder.

"Huh?" I turned my head and saw my brother.

"Let's go." He said looking at me totally pale.

"Oh shit." I stared in horror, his blood level must be off. "Gabe!" I shouted and pulled my sister who went exactly as me.

Bill finally stopped dancing and looked at us confused. My brother's eyes suddenly rolled back and his knees gave. His entire weight came crashing down. "Brother!" I shouted in pain as I rushed to catch his large body right before it crashed to the floor.

"Helio!" A few other shouts were herd.

"Call an ambulance!" I screamed with tears as I held my brother to me.

The music stopped and everyone spaced back, giving us some room. My sister sobbed at my side as Demitri dialed for an ambulance. I could feel my heart pounding as I awaited the damn ambulance to come. He didn't move or stir, the worst case scenarios came into my mind.

"He will be alright." The boys tried to calm us down as they pulled us away from him so the paramedics could take him.

"He is fine." Demitri held me tight against him as they took my limp brother into the ambulance.

"Family?" A paramedic asked us.

"Sisters." Gabe and I said at the same time.

"One of you." He looked at us.

"I'll go." I sniffed as I parted from Demitri and climbed into the van.

"We'll meet you there!" They shouted just as the doors closed.

I held my brother's hand in mine and gently squeezed it. My heart fell even more as he didn't move or even stir. Tears skid down my face, leaving colorful streaks behind it.

"Does he have some sort of illness?" One of them asked.

"He is diabetic." I told them not even bothering to look up at them.

"He is probably in shock. Don't worry, I am sure he will be alright." And the doors were ripped open as other paramedics rushed to get him into the ER.

"Miss, stay here." A nurse pulled me back. "He will be fine."

"He's my brother!" I kept repeating with tears as I saw him being taken farther and farther into the hospital.

"Just sit here, you can't go back there. Right now the doctors are seeing him. He is fine."

"I." There was nothing I could do, so I stopped struggling to move and took a seat.

Wiping my eyes, I saw my smeared make up on my fingers. Nothing mattered right now, all I wanted was my brother here, safe and sound. I would give anything to reverse all of this.

"Kitzia!" Three voices shouted and soon three pairs of arms wrapped around me.

"He will be fine." Demitri tried to calm me down. "Here." He pulled me up and sat down in my spot only to pull me back onto his lap.

"He is just in shock." Bass said. "He has made it through before a few times. He has made it through worse, why wouldn't he make it through this one?"

"Bass!" D scolded him as Cam and I started to cry again.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He cooed as he gently rocked me back and forth, soothing me and halting my tears.

"Here, Kitzia." Bill's voice shocked me awake.

I looked at him to find him offering a cup of coffee. My eyes lifted up to his in question.

"It will make you feel better." Tom said as he gave one to my sister who took it. "I took it a lot when Bill was in the hospital and feeling just as bad as you two."

"Thanks." I mumbled as I took it with shaky hands.

"Your welcome." He gave me a weak smile that I ignored to take a small sip.

The hot beverage burned my cold insides as it went down. Very slowly and gently, I drank it away. Demitri kept wiping my make up stained and smeared eyes with a few tissues. "Damn, you could scare even the dead."

"Not funny, D." Bass smacked D.

"How is Gabe?" I asked turning to find her asleep in Bass' arms with the rest of Tokio sitting right across from us.

"How long have we been here?" I asked D.

"About an hour." He sighed.

"De Luna?" A doctor came out calling with a clip board in his hands.

"Here." I immediately stood up and rushed to him. "I'm his sister. What is wrong with my brother."

"Your brother went into shock." He told me sternly. "His sugar levels were really low and went into shock."

"How is he?" D and Bass asked suddenly behind me.

"We helped stabilize him, he is resting right now. But you may go visit him, one visitor only." And with that he just left us.I turned to them and our eyes locked.

"Go see him." D told me.

"Gabe will understand when she wakes up." Bass nodded.

I didn't need anything else to rush in there looking for my brother. A few seconds later, I found his room. He laid in a large bed with quite a few tubes in him, memories flooding in. I remember him like this when I was a kid all the way up until a few months ago. When I was younger, I would climb onto the bed an wait until he awoke no matter how long it took. But now I'm too big to climb on with him.

Pulling a chair next to his bed I sat down and held onto his hand. For the longest time, I stared at him as memories of us came flooding in. "I can't lose you brother. First mom and now you? I can't live like that." I shook my head and tears. "I would literally die right here and now if you don't make it. You can't leave us. Not Gabe. Demitri. Bass. Or me. What will we do without you?"

I gently laid my head on the mattress and sobbed my eyes out as my mind danced with that idea of him leaving us.