‹ Prequel: Not What I Expected

My Secret Untold

Chapter 2

I knew how she wanted to tell her friends, but I just couldn't let Sydney do that. She hadn't said anything though, which I'm grateful for... But why would she think I'd hurt her?

I would never hurt you...

She catches me watching her, but I'm not staring just because I don't want her tell... I wasn't being a stalker, but I just couldn't help it... She's like no other girl I've met.

After our encounter, her mind when on a thinking rampage. It was amazing how observant she was. I never thought one girl could be so dedicated to someone she wasn't close to.

I walked into the youth building and I could hear Sydney's friend, Julie, point out my arrival. I could feel both of their gazes on me, so I looked up and my eyes instantly fell on Sydney.

She didn't even blink and I heard her hope that I would tell her because of her own stare.

Not a chance.

I grinned at her and looked away. I could hear her heart stop from across the room. She saw them... My fangs.

Her mind went crazy. Thousands of thoughts ran across her mind and then she thought about vampires.

I immediately looked at her. I didn't mean to, but I did out of habit and with that, she believed her suspicion.

I had to talk to her.

I made my way towards her and I could hear the panic in her head.

"Hello," I greeted happily to Sydney and her friends.

Each one said their own hello and I smiled at Sydney.

I noticed her lean away ever so slightly.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked her, giving her a curious look. My eyes demanded she talk to me.

"Uh, yeah... Sure," she muttered, her fear to decline obvious.

I smiled again and grabbed her wrist. I felt her pulse speed up as I led her outside. I instantly let go whenever we were safely away from prying ears. I sat down on the curb while she awkward rubbed her arm in nervousness.

Oh crud... He thinks I told them and now he's gonna hurt me! I heard her panic.

"I'm not going to hurt you."

She froze and she wondered if I just read her mind.

"Yes," I answered.

I noticed her shiver, "So you're really a... a, uh..."

I patiently waited for her to come to terms with my secret.

"You're a vampire?" she whispered.

I was proud of how fast she came to that conclusion, "You figured that out pretty quickly."

A blush crept on Sydney's face, I've read that Twilight series way too much.

"A book gave me away?" I laughed

"No, you did and I'd like it if you stayed out of my mind," she answered.

"Your thoughts are entertaining."

Oh no... she panicked.

"What's so entertaining about my thoughts?" Sydney asked, her heart rate rising.

"A lot. Your mind is always thinking of something and the way you remember things is interesting," I explained.

"You're not sucking up so I won't tell, are you?"

I stared at her blankly. Why would she think that I'm sucking up?

"I haven't told anyone and I don't plan on telling anyone."

I could feel the fear radiating off her.

Standing up, I cocked my head to the side in curiosity, "Why are you so afraid?"

Well, I'm standing in front of a vampire and the vampire happens to be... Let's not finish that...

I smiled at her thought, "You should finish it."

Sydney shook her head, "No way."

"Why not?"

"Because there's no need to repeat something you obviously know. I'm not that stupid."

I wanted to hear her say it...

I kept my smile, "You know, your friends' thoughts are really loud."

The color drained from her face and I saw her look towards her friends grinning from ear-to-ear at her.

Me and my big stupid mouth! Sydney scolded herself. It happens every time! Why haven't I learned?!

I watched her, amused by her reaction. When I chuckled, she remembered that I was there and that I could hear her thoughts. She groaned and sat on the ground as she covered her face with her hands. Then her mind began thinking of different scenarios that could happen next. I had to smile at her thoughts and how she got mad at herself again.

I laughed when she bit her arm out of anger. I sat in front of her and removed her arm from her teeth.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. You're only human," I smiled.

I could tell she wanted to say more, but she was interrupted when our names were called.

We looked to see our youth minister, David, with his head out the door.

"Come on and get inside," he ordered with a smile.

I quickly stood up and politely held my hand out to Sydney.

She took it and I helped her to her feet. I noticed how hard she tried to think of anything, so I pat her shoulder and then I jogged to my friends waiting inside.

I watched her join her grinning friends, but she kept calm and only smiled at them.

Sydney was certainly an interesting girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's chapter two. :D You learned a bit more about Alex's feelings, huh? Anyway, comment and let me know what you think please. :)