Status: Finished

Stain My Rose With Scarlet Tears

Showing Lucy

Sam's POV

"Bill, are you sure about this?" I asked unsurely. It was Monday, the 31st of August, three days after our daughter was buried. The whole family knew now, the whole family except Lucy. I couldn't stand the idea of telling her what had happened to her new sister. Bill and I knew we had to do eventually, but it broke my heart to do it.
"Yes Sam, you know we have to." Bill said quietly, taking my hand. I pulled him back as he stopped infront of her room, making him turn around and face me. His brown eyes pierced through mine, causing a fluttering in my stomach that has been there for years. It's amazing that one person could do this to me, and how it never goes away... No matter how hard I try.

I nodded slightly before Bill opened Lucy's door slowly. We looked around and found her on the ground, drawing a picture. She looked so sweet, and as I looked at her, she just looked more like Bill each day. "Honey-?" She looked up at us and got to her feet, hiding the piece of paper behind her back. I would've asked, but I was too lost in my thoughts at the moment, wondering what my daughter's expression would be once we show her. I love her so much, I couldn't stand hurting her. "Yeah Daddy?" She asked innocently. Bill reached for her hand, she gave it to him and allowed him to pick her up. He kissed her head and looked at her.

"Lucy, do you remember a few days ago, when you asked about your sister?" Bill asked her softly. She looked at me, then back at Bill and nodded. "...And we said that we would tell you later?" She nodded again, looking slightly confused. Bill put her down once again, but didn't let go of her hand. "Lucy, now we're going to show you..." He said. She nodded, an excited smile playing on her lips, it killed me. I took her other hand as we walked out of our apartment. We walked down to the garden in silence, I couldn't help but walk extra slow. We knew exactly where Sarah was buried, but we were scared to show our other daughter. I picked the most beautiful place to bury her, right in between my two favourite trees.

Usually, when I couldn't sleep at night, I snuck out of the apartment and found myself a special place. There I could lie down and stare at the stars between the gark green leaves of the trees. I used to fall asleep there, and sometimes when I woke up, I would find Bill next to me. All those good memories, and now our daughter was buried there, somewhere special. We stopped at one of the htrees, knowing that the grave stood behind it. Bill and I looked at eachother, then walked to the place where our daughter was laid to rest. I only stared at het ombstone, her name beautifully written, which will always remind us of what we lost. "Mommy, what's going on?"

We stopped right infront of Sarah's tombstone and I kneeled down at face Lucy. "Baby, we said we'd tell you, and here we are..." I looked infront of me sadly, "This is where your sister lies." I could feel Bill walk up behind me and put a hand on my shouder. I could tell by her face that she didn't understand. I looked up at Bill for help, I couldn't say the words out loud again. Bill kneeled down next to Lucy, hugging her slightly. "Um... Baby, there's no other way to say this," He said, more to me, "But your sister... Is dead." Her mouth formend a perfect O as Bill and I hugged her tightly.
"We're so sorry, Lucy." She had started to cry, but it seemed like she was trying to comfort us, making me cry again.

"Mommy, Daddy, it's gonna be okay..." She whispered. We knew it would be, it would just be hard.