Status: Finished

Stain My Rose With Scarlet Tears

An unexpected lesson

It's been a week since the accident now, and things are only going worse. Bill's condition hasn't changed and Tom isn't talking to me, neither is Jami, but I don't care much. She never really liked me anyway. Everyone now knew that I was pregnant, and the simpathetic glances were driving me crazy. They knew when to leave me alone and when I needed someone to hold me, I really appriciated that. I spent every single minute with Bill, I couldn't leave him. I refused to go home, even after everyone started yelling at me, I didn't care, I needed to be with my husband.

I held his hand and refused to let go, I was mentally kicking myself for what I've done. The worst of all was that Lucy didn't have a clue what was going on, she's never been here at the hospital. She was still staying with Jazlene and Andreas, playing with them like she didn't have a care in the world. I knew what I mwas doing was unfair, but I couldn't stand to break my daughter's heart, no child deserved to have to deal with pain like that.
I looked up as the door opened as saw Bianca walk in, sitting down next to me. "Don't you think you should go home and get some rest?" She said gently. I shook my head darkly. "No, I'm not leaving Bill."

Bianca sighed and took my free hand. "Look, I know this must be hard for you, but you really need some rest. When Bill wakes up here, don't you think he'll want a healthy baby?"
I shot her an ice cold glare, I know she meant well, but she shouldn't be so cheery. "Who says that he'll ever wake up!?" I yelled, fresh tears welling up in my eyes as I touched my lower stomach, "How can you be so sure that this baby will ever know it's father?"
"I don't, but I know Bill is strong and that he' going to beat this and wake up." She replied calmly. I started shaking as she pulled me into a tight hug. "Please don't get upset like this, we're all here for you." She whispered, giving me a reassuring smile. I was so glad I still had someone who loves me, without Bianca here, I would've gone crazy.
I don't know for how long we sat there, my face buried in Bianca's hair as I cried and my other hand still clutching Bill's cold one, but then she started singing. I had almost forgotten how beautiful her voice was.

"Staring out into the world across the street
You hate the way your life turned out to be
He's pulling up in the driveway and you don't make a sound
Cause you always learn to hold the things you want to say
Your always going to be afraid

There's only hate
There's only tears
There's only pain
There is no love here
Oh so what will you do?
There's only lies
There's only fears
There's only pain
There is no love here

Broken down like a mirror smashed to peices
You learned the hard way to shut your mouth and smile
If these walls could talk they would have so much to say
Cause everytime you fight the scars are gonna heal but there never gonna go away

There's only hate
There's only tears
There's only pain
There is no love here
Oh so what will you do?
There's only lies
There's only fears
There's only pain
There is no love here
Oh no So what will you do?

Your falling, your screaming
Your stuck in the same old nightmare
He's lying, your crying
There's nothing left to salvage
Kick the door cause this is over
Get me out of here

There's only hate
There's only tears
There's only pain
There is no love here
Oh so what will you do?
There's only lies
There's only fears
There's only pain
There is no love here
Tell me what will you do?
There's only hate
There's only tears
There's only pain
There is no love here."

I looked up at her to see her smiling, I couldn't help but give her a watery smile in return. "I love you." I whispered. She was playing the older sister part so well right now, I just needed to tell her that. "I love you too," She reponed, puling me up, "now let's get you home." I hated to let go of Bill's hand, but I did. The only thing on my mind right now, was my daughter. Bianca had unknowingly opened my eyes, I had to show her what I had done to her father. I haven't been home in days, and I couldn't say I was glad to go back.
The ride home was quiet, and when I got home, I just couldn't relax. Everything was just as I had left it, the TV was still on, the phone was lying on the floor... I walked into the room and saw the laptop still stood open. I sat down infront of it and stared at the screen. Even though I couldn't see anything anymore, the tears still welled up in my eyes as I thought about how much I had lost only a week ago.

I ran a finger over the pillow Bill slept on, then picked it up and held it close to me. I think I was trying to find the strength to go out there and face everyone again, it wasn't that easy. With one last sueeze, I put the pillow down and walked to the bathroom to fix my smuged makeup. I glared at myself befire faking a smile and walking out of the apartment, locking it this time.

I walked up to the top floor where Jazlene and Andreas were currently living, and where my daughter was.I knocked three times before Jazlene opened the door, looking slightly nervous. I heard crying in the background and I knew it was coming from Lucy. "Sam, I'm so glad to see you!" She exclaimed, heaving a sigh of relief. "I thinkLucy overheard me and Andreas talking and now she won't stop crying!" "What did you say?" I asked, making my way to my daughter.
"We hardly said anything, we were just worried about Bill..." I nodded in understanding and mumbled to her that I needed to be alone with Lucy, she nodded and scurried off quickly.

"Mommy!" She yelled and threw her arms around me, which was easy because I kneeled down to look at her, "They said daddy's gonna die! Is it true!?" I looked in her eyes and hugged her, this was exactly why I needed to be strong. "Baby, look at me." I said firmly, and she obeyed instantly. It was really hard to look my daughter i the eye, seeing as her eyes were the exact same colour as Bill's.
"Daddy is not going to die, let me show you." I said, taking her hand and pulling her up to my hips where she now sat. "Mommy, where are we going?" Lucy sniffed, her eyes still red from all the crying. "I'm taking you to see your daddy."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lucy ran into the white room where my husband was lying, motionless, pale and cold. It was hard for me to see him like this, it wasn't the Bill I loved. He had no makeup on, and even if he did, I wouldn't have been able to see it over all the bruises. I was on the verge of tears when Lucy ran up to Bill and climbed up on his bed. I wondered what she was doing when she pressed her ear against his chest. "Luce, wha-?" She actually told me to keep quiet then, but I obeyed without saying another word.

She lifted her head from his chest and smiled. "Mommy, daddy loves you." She said. I crossed my arms and smiled, "And how do you know that?"
"Because he told me, and he's not gonna die. He says he promises he's gonna get better and take care of us." She said confidently. By now, I had no idea what she was talking about. "Honey, how do you know this?" I asked, slightly surprised.
"He told me." She replied simply.