Sequel: Cricket On Tour

All Time Low and Cricket

Alex Gaskarth Must Die!

The ride home was awful. I guess that was going to be a given. Anyway, I woke up that morning and stared at the ceiling for about thirty minutes. I hate my life. Seriously. I finally pulled myself out of the extremely comfortable bed (it was like sleeping on a cloud, that is, if I could have actually slept.), and forced myself to face Ass Face. Oops, I mean Alex. He was awake, I don’t know if he had been up all night, woken up early so he would be awake when I got up, or had just woken up. He’s lucky he was awake before I got to him… So, I just walked out of the room with my bags and waited while he checked out. I listened to my ipod the whole cab ride to Grand Central, and then, the whole train and car ride home. Alex kept looking at me, like he wanted to say something, but couldn’t.

When he finally pulled up in front of my house, I grabbed my bag and got out of the car. Not before slamming the car door shut. Take that Douche. I mean, Alex. I didn’t let the tears start until I was in the house. I was clumping up the stairs blubbering like a baby. My vision was slightly blurred, so I ran into the wall at the top of the stairs. That hurt like a mommy. Which, of course, caused Zack to emerge from his cave.

“Cricket! What’s wrong?” he asked looking down at me while I lay sprawled on the floor, staring at the ceiling again. This seems to be a recurring theme to the disaster that is my life.

“Nothing.”

“Bullshit. What’s going on? I didn’t expect you home for another day.” I noticed he was on the phone, or at least, he was on the phone before I got home.

I decided to find the willpower to pull myself off the floor and went to my room without answering Zack’s question. I slammed the door shut and pulled out my phone.

“Lanie?” I whimpered, the tears were just getting started. “I’m sorry I was mad at you! I was really, really, really dumb.”

“It’s okay Cricket, what’s going on babe?” she asked.

“I. I went to, to,” I wailed. “New York with Fucktard, I mean, Alex!”

“Okay, hon, this sounds like good news to me?”

“He kissed meeeee!”

“Cricket, I’m coming over. And I’m bringing reinforcements: Ben and Jerry.” Then she clicked off.

It was only then that I realized Zack was listening outside the door, still on the phone. With Jack. “I don’t know, man. Something about Alex. Yeah, I can’t really understand her. Well, she’s sounds like a dying whale. Yeah, come on over. I think I’ll be paying Alex a visit.”

I sound like a dying whale? Shit.

Lanie made it over first, not only did she bring Ben and Jerry, but the saddest mix ever, and sad movies, and chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate.

“Spill.” I started to tell her everything, but then Jack burst into my room.

“What’s wrong? Zack said that you were crying so hard that you sounded like a dying whale!”

“I did not!”

“Cricket, you did. But it’s okay, I’m still going to be your friend.” Lanie interjected. “So, now that we’re all here: spill.” So, I told them everything. Lanie’s vein in her head started to pound and Jack started to look all stoney. No bueno.

“That son of a bitch!” Lanie exclaimed. “I can’t believe him! I’ll kick his ass! You know I will Cricket!”

This made me laugh, I love Lanie. I honestly don’t know what I would do with out her. “I know. I think I‘m going to go get the ice cream now. You got Cake Batter right?”

“Cricket, do I look like a dumb ass? Yes, I got Cake Batter.”

While I got ice cream for all…

“We need to plot.” Lanie said to Jack.

“Um, I don’t think we need a line graph.”

“Not plot points on a graph, dumb ass! Plot to take down Alex.”

“Oh. Yeah, you’re right.”

“Oh my God! You like her! You like Cricket!” Lanie exclaimed while Jack turned beet red. “I don’t get it. Why does everyone like Cricket, but no one likes me?”

“I don’t like Cricket.” Jack said staring at Lanie intently. Her hair was spilling over her shoulders and her face had gotten very close to Jack’s.

“What? Then do you like someone else?” She asked leaning towards Jack unconsciously.

“Yes.”

“Who?”

“I don’t know.”

“You don’t know?”

“No.” Then, they basically attacked each other. They were a tangle of legs, arms, and most importantly, tongues. Which is what I walked in on, I almost dropped all the ice cream, but then I remembered how much I liked it, so I didn’t.

“Jack! Why are you molesting my best friend?” I screeched. They sheepishly pulled apart from each other.

“Hey Cricket.” Lanie greeted adjusting her clothes. I rolled my eyes, but I didn’t mean it. She had the biggest smile on her face, and Jack looked all calm and happy. Which is weird for him, usually he’s crazy and happy, never calm. In a weird way, they were kind of perfect for each other.

“Whatever, can we please focus on taking down Impertinent Whoreson Jolt-Head? I mean, Alex.” I asked.

“Sure, sure. On to taking down Impertinent Whoreson Jolt-Head.” Lanie said with a wave of her hand, after Jack left, we were going to have a LOT to talk about! I’m reallly glad I have my best friend back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know a lot of you wanted Cricket and Jack to get together, but I'll let you in on a secret: Jack and Lanie were always going to get together. They're like so wrong, they're right. (No pun intended.)

But anyway! You guys rock and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, (Oh, I went there! Screw being politically correct!)
Love,
Hayley