You're Insane, but at Least I Admit It

Chapter 14

I woke up alone today. It was nice but I missed him. I mentally slapped myself for a hour for even thinking that. I got up to my bag and took my bi-polar medication. Two left now. No more Ritalin either. I can already feel my old self emerging.

'He's going to kill me. Oh boy, I can see it now. This is just...'

I start to stare at the ceiling, counting the holes in it. Two hours later, the door slams open, snapping me out of my trance. I sit up, starring up at the Joker, who's standing in the doorway.

My mouths a-gap as we stare at each other and I say to him really fast, "I just counted 367 holes in that section of your ceiling and you- grr, start over!"

I look back up and he clears his throat, making me look back at him annoyed, "Yes Jabba dear?"

He cautiously walks over to me. I'm sure he's wondering what in me cracked over night, "Did I miss something?"

I giggle at him, starring at the ceiling again, "Nope, just counting."

It's quiet so I look at him, "What?"

"Are you okay?" his voice is low, I could barley hear him.

I jump off the bed and he eyes my outfit. Black, knee high shorts, combat boots, a black and green stripped, long sleeved shirt and a dark purple tank top over that.

"Where did you-"

I cut him off, jumping up and down, "Alicia? I don't know. It just showed up on the bed after I had to start over from 100."

I start to play with my short pigtails. It's hard to put up short hair but I won the battle in the end.

We both stand there awkwardly and I glare, "What?"

"Don't get snappy with me Missy."

I scoff, "Or what?"

'Dumbass...'

I get thrown against the wall with his switchblade shoved in my mouth, touching the corners of my lips.

His eyes are dark and cloudy. He whispers harshly, "You need to smile more often. Your face is too blank."

I flash him a wide grin, giggling as I stare at his scars. I feel like I'm on a high and it's wonderful to let all this craziness loose.

"Where'd you get those?"

I reach up to touch one side, only to get my hand smacked away.

He puts down his blade, "None of your concern at the moment deary." he mumbles, "Get your shit packed. We're getting out of here for awhile."

I blink, "Um, what?"

He rolls his eyes, "I don't know if I can handle you like this! Get. Your. Shit. We're. Leaving. Understand Glitterbug?"

"Where?"

"Why does that matter?"

"I won't go if you don't know where."

"New hideout ok? That's all."

"Why?"

He groans in frustration, "You're like a fucking kid! You won't shut up now!!"

I giggle, biting my bottom lip, "You're hot when you're angry."

I quickly snap my mouth shut by slapping my hand over it, my eyes wide. He has a surprised look on his face. I notice a grin creeping upon his lips.

"Repeat that doll?"

I shake my head. 'What the fuck did I just say?!'

I slowly pull my hand away and say quickly, "I said nothing."

He laughs, coming towards me again, "I think you did. You said I'm hot? Right?"

I shake my head again, "Nope. Don't got a clue what you're talking about!"

He pushes me against the wall, his body against mine. I stare at the stitching on his purple coat, trying to avoid eye contact. I feel his breath against my ear, "If you can't beat it, you might as well give in."

I look in his dark, brown eyes, confused.

"Think about it Lovebug."

He gently kisses my lips, leaving me to pack.

'Give in to what?'