You're Insane, but at Least I Admit It

Chapter 7

The four guys plus the Joker and myself, clutter in a alley, starring at the building across the street. I don't pay attention to what they say though. I accidentally bump into Jabba, since I'm trying to read the sign of the building. He looks back at me, grabbing my arm and holding it. I start to get frustrated as I hear them all whispering to each other. I yank my arm from his grip, making him glare at me.

"Gitterbug."

I mock him, "Jabba."

He rolls his eyes, "What the fuck do you want?"

"To know what the fuck is going on!" 'Uh oh, he's pissed. I really need to learn to keep my mouth shut.'

He pins me against the hard brick wall, "Choose your words wisely and don't be so snappy!" he says in a cheery tone. "It's not very attractive doll."

I scoff, "Tell me the plan."

"No."

I shove him. 'Bad idea too.' "Why the hell not?! I'm here, you might as well use me!"

The guys stop talking, looking over at us and Joker grins, laughing.

"Jeez, if you wanted me that bad-"

"Ew no!"

He slams me against the wall again, the brick scratching against my back.

"Ah ah ah, don't ever interrupt me."

I sigh, giving up. What's the use anymore? I know if I try to escape, I'll die. Even if I did get far, he'd hunt me down then kill me anyways. If I don't learn to keep my ADD mouth shut, my death is just going to come quicker. The only choice I really have left, is to just...join them. I won't give in easily though. I don't want him to think he has control over me, though he technically does.

"So Jabba, plan?"

He turns halfway, pointing to the building. A bank actually.
"Were going to rob them. Yup."

I squint, finally being able to read the sign out front, then gasping.

"Oh! That's a mafia bank! How the hell-"

He hushes me, "We have ways my dear. Now, I'm sure I can trust my pet, yes?"

I stay silent and I can tell he's getting angry.

"Right?"

His hands snake around my neck and I shake my head yes as quick as I can before he has time to squeeze. He drops his hands to my hips, smiling.

"Good! Were going to go in there, do what we do best and when we come back, you're going to drive us out of here!"

My eyes widen as they put on clown masks, The Joker also wearing one, "I don't even know where the hideout is!"

But it was too late, they're already running across the street.

"Shit, shit, shit!"

I dash to the van, jumping into the drivers seat. My hearts beating a million miles per hour. I haven't done anything bad since that one day. That one day four dreadful years ago.

-Flashback-

White light, blood splatter and the faces of a screaming man and woman. The piercing sounds of death and pain fills the cold, night air. Ripping flesh and liquid splashing as it hits the ground. Everything goes in slow motion. This isn't me. I'm not the one doing this. Something has taken control of my body, forcing me to do this. Now it's silent. The mans body falls down. The thump echos through the empty factory. Next, the womans. Sirens and police lights quickly approaching outside. Walking backwards, smiling, I run out.

'That's what you get for making fun of me everyday and torturing me when I did nothing to either of you. Thinking that I wouldn't dare.'

I walk down a alley way, four blocks from the place, taking out my compact and wiping the fresh blood off my face. Shoving it back in, I place my hands in my coat pockets. I quicken my pace as I hear police sirens pass by me. I smile that they passed instead of stopped. I'm now on one of the main streets and my heart starts to speed up as I realized what has just happened. I killed not one, but two, innocent people. Yes, they were those bullies that test you as much as they can before you just go crazy and kill yourself, but I switched that. They still didn't deserve to die...

Two more cops whiz by, making me jump. There goes my heart again. Now there's a siren right behind me. I freeze as I hear the cop get out of the car and walking over to me. I slowly turn around, trying my hardest to fake a smile.

"Is there a problem officer?"

He's curious, I can tell. "Just looking for a suspect ma'am."

I laugh, "And you're going to pin it on me?"

"Well, you are the only person out at this time that's within a 10 minute area of the factory. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to come with me to go down town for some questioning."

I sigh, "Yeah."

-End flashback-

And that's how I ended up in Arkham. I told them about how they bullied me and threatened my life many times, but then lied and said it was for self defense. As I wait in the van, my knuckles white from gripping the steering wheel so tight, I get knocked out of my memory by someone screaming at me. My neck snaps to the right of me, the Joker jumping into the seat.

"Don't just sit there dollface. Drive!"

I gasp, stomping on the pedal and driving far away from the bank and off the cops trail.