I'll Be There for You Through It All

Truth?

After yet another successful Christmas Party, the children were all in bed and Fred and I had magically cleaned up, we went to bed, I wanted to know what Hunter's story was.

"What happened with Hunter?" I asked Fred as he climbed into bed next to me.

"He said he's been hanging out with some new people, not cousins. I'm not worried, It's his own life, we can't really influence it anymore. He needs to learn some things for himself."

"What kind of people did he say he wasn hanging around with?" I asked, concerned.

"You remember Blaise Zabini?" He answered with a question.

"Yeah, that guy that hung around with Malfoy in school?"

"That's the one. His son." Fred replied.

"Well, that's not bad. Did he say anything about Malfoy's boy...Scorpius?" I asked.

"No." Fred answered.

"Oh."

"Would you have a problem with that?" It was Fred's turn to look concerned.

"Well, Malfoy did pull through in the end...still, I'm not sure of the idea of his son." I replied.

Fred pulled me close and kissed me.

"Don't worry, he's our son, we've done a good job of raising him, if I do say so myself. He'll make the right choices." Fred explained. I felt better, and drifted off the sleep in a matter of minutes.

Hunter's POV

I had to admit, I felt bad about lying to my dad. It's something I've never done before, but I've changed. I'm not his little boy anymore, he has Adam for that.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I could see bright red roots growing under the beautiful chocolate colour. I tapped my wand to my head and they vanished.

There was a letter sitting beside me on my desk from Scorpius. Geez! He couldn't go one day without me! I felt a surge of pride flow through me. The most popular kid in school was depending on me. I was the Best Friend. The Sidekick. Mega-popularity was about to make a head-on collision.

'Hunter,' it read in his un-tidy scrawl,

'I hate my family. All they do is boss me around. But you've heard this before. I can't wait till I'm seventeen and I'll never have to go back home again. We could be two bachelors, touring the world. Tell me your family makes you feel the same, then I'll know I'm not alone in this world.

But some news from my father does surprise me. Did you know he had an affair with your mother? That's weird. We could have been brothers. Your mother must have been hot. Is she still good-looking? Haha, just kidding, I'm not that weird.

Can you sneak away sometime tomorrow? My parents will be out, I'm sure. Can your lure your family away? You can come here, you know where I live. There might be a few familiar faces you'll want to see again. (hint)

See you tomorrow, 1 pm.

Scorpius'

A party? My parents would never allow me to go to one of those, especially at the Malfoy Mannor. I smirked, they didn't have to know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?