‹ Prequel: Escapology

The Road

So You Had Fun Then? - Part 2 - Gerard's POV

“So I was right then?” he was so smug. “I hate to say I told you so!”

“But you’re gonna anyway?”

“Hmmmmm,” I could tell he was trying to act like he was thinking; but I know him well enough to know that the opposite is true. “I told you so! I told you so!”

“Yeah I thought you were gonna say that,” I laughed. He is so predictable.

“So has she got an evil Chemistry teacher like ours? Has she made new friends?”

“Why do you care?”

“Because I’m nosey,” he laughed. I couldn’t have put it better myself to be honest. I shook my head at him even though he couldn’t see me.

“Well… actually…” I paused and thought a second. “She never actually said anything about school. She came home, shook her head at my attempt to cook lunch and then disappeared to revise for an exam next Monday.”

He paused. “That’s a little weird,” he murmured. “Not like the Mia I know.”

“I know what you mean!” I thought out loud.

I did think it was a little unlike her, but I hadn’t thought about it. Maybe she didn’t make any friends. Maybe she hated it. Maybe she was only smiling to get away.

“Right, bro…” Mikey broke the silence. “Hayley’s just got here so I’ll talk later, yeah?”

“Yeah, later…” I stuttered.

“You could always talk to her…”

I’m not sure what else he said. I heard a few muffled words and then the tone to let me know that he’d hung up. I put the phone down and paced the floor. I don’t know how long I was doing it for; but it was a while before I noticed Mia staring at me from her bedroom door.

“I got bored…” she started. I looked round at her. “You’re even more boring than my textbook!”

“What was it? Math?” I walked over and sat down in an armchair. “You sound surprised that it was boring.”

“I had a Math lesson today. My teacher was even more boring than you!” She walked over to the kitchen and I followed. “I didn’t think it was possible.”

“When did I become boring?”

“When you sent me to school!” she laughed. “Oh yeah, I’ve been invited to a friends house after-school tomorrow. Don’t be BORING and say I can’t go!”

“Of course you can go!” Well she made at least one friend. “I’m not boring!”

“Stop moaning! I tell you what buy me that hoodie I wanted and you won't be boring.”

“I’ll just get it off Frank; it was Skeleton Crew wasn’t it?”

“Well in that case…” she thought for a second “You can get me that tee I wanted too, and because you haven’t spent any money yet you can also get me a Kill Cancer tee from Ordinary Clothing as well. Then you will officially become un-boring.”

“Frank’ll have my head off!” I moaned.

“That wouldn’t be boring!”