Hello Nurse, Meet Kevin Jonas

Hello Nurse, Meet Joe and Nick

Kylee checked her messages once more before she headed out to start her rounds. She had been a travel nurse for a little over six months, and while the pay was great and the change of scenery was nice; it tended to get a little tiring after a while. One month here, two weeks there; she loved it but she wanted something a little more substantial than E.R. duty.

She knew Labor and Delivery would always be where her heart lied. The miracle of birth fascinated her and the thought of taking part in that miracle everyday was amazing.

She had applied to five hospitals that had openings in labor and delivery but had been turned down by three. The two she hadn’t heard from were St. Dominic Memorial in L.A. and Woman’s Hospital in Baton Rouge. She was hoping for Woman’s but would be thrilled for a chance to work at either.

Silently ending her voice mail she placed her cell phone back into her locker and headed out to start her rounds; starting with her first and absolute favorite patient of the day.

As she made her way to his door she smiled picked up his chart, glanced over it, knocked on the door, opened it and froze.

“Man Kevin, you weren’t kidding you really do have a hot nurse!” Joe stated.

Kylee stood gaping at the sight in front of her as Nick slapped Joe in the back of the head.

“Nice, Joe.”

Joe sulked, “What I’m just stating the obvious.”

Nick just shook his head as Kylee continued to stare.

Finally not being able to take it any more Kevin cracked up, “Bet that inner fan girl is really going wild right about now isn’t it?”

That snapped her out of it. She blushed a deep red as she turned to Kevin and smiled, “You have no idea.”

“Inner fan girl?” Joe questioned.

Kevin shrugged, “Long story. So Kylee, what the diagnosis? Am I gonna be able to make the concert tonight?”

Kylee looked over the chart once more, “ Well, it says here that your slightly dehydrated so were gonna put you on some fluids but if everything goes according to plan we should have you out of here no later than three.”

“Aw, I was kind of hoping I would have to stay over night.” Kevin teased.
“And disappoint thousands of teenage girls? That wouldn’t be very nice of you.” She teased back.

“Yeah, but it would be worth it, if I got to spend time with someone as pretty as you,” He added with a wink.

“Kevin!” Nick reprimanded as he stuck out his hand for Kylee to shake.

“I’m Nick by the way. Don’t mind my brothers, they’re idiots.”

“Hey, I resent that!” Both Kevin and Joe yelled at the same time.

Kylee laughed as Joe stepped forward and held out his hand, “I’m Joe.”

Kylee smiled as she shook his hand, “I know, I’m Kylee and it’s nice to meet you both,” She added as she looked back and forth between them.

Joe smirked, “Oh, so you’re a fan?”

Kylee laughed, “You could say that.”

“That’s not the reaction we usually get,” Joe replied.

Kylee laughed as she sat her clipboard on Kevin’s bedside table, “is this better?”

She began jumping up and down, “Oh my Jonas it’s the JONAS BROTHERS! Will you marry me?”

All three boys laughed as Joe looked her over from head to toe, “Hey, I thought nurses were supposed to wear the dress and the little hats.”

“I wish,” Kevin stated wistfully under his breath.

Kylee laughed, “Now, now Kevin we wouldn’t want your blood pressure to spike now would we?” She stated sweetly.

Joe stared in awe, “I think I’m in love, will you marry me?”

Kylee laughed as Nick pushed him towards the door, “Come on Joe lets go see what they have in the vending machine.”

“But why?” He wined as Nick pushed him out of the room.

As the door closed Kylee turned to Kevin with a laugh, “Your brother is crazy.”

Kevin rolled his eyes, “Tell me about it. You should try sitting on a bus with him after he’s had a few Red Bulls.”

Kylee smiled as she picked up his chart once more, “Alrighty, so what I’m gonna do is start an IV and get you started on theses fluid then I’ll come back and check on you in an hour or so and check your levels again. If we like what we see, you’re free to go if not then we’ll go another two hours and check again, does that sound okay.”

“Sounds fine,” He replied as he watched Kyle wash her hands and gather supplies.

As she set about her task she tried to distract him, “So where are you guys headed after this?”

Kevin sighed, “Home thankfully. It’s been a long tour.”

“I bet. Aren’t you guys supposed to be filming your TV show soon?” She asked as she gently slid the needle in his vein with out him even noticing.

“Yeah, we start filming start filming in late September, early October. We’re not completely sure on the time frame though.” He replied.

“Oh that’s cool. So you guys planning on taking some time off for a vacation or something?” She asked as she taped the line to his forearm.

“I don’t know we haven’t really discussed a vacation. Honestly after being on the road for so long I’m kind of looking forward to being able to sleep in my own bed again.”

Kylee nodded, “I know what you mean.”

Kevin scrunched his brow in confusion, “Really?”

“Yeah, I’m a travel nurse so I’m constantly on the move. My contract here actually runs out this week. So I’m thinking of just taking some time off and visiting my family while I try to land a more stable job.”

“Stable as in?” He asked.

“I’m trying to land a spot in a labor and delivery unit. I have my application in at two hospitals and I’m just waiting to hear back.”

“Oh really where?” he asked.

“Woman’s Hospital in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and St. Dominic Memorial Hospital in L.A.” She replied.

“Hey I know where St. Dominic’s is, it’s a pretty nice hospital.” He replied.
“Yeah, I did a two week stint there after nursing school and pretty much fell in love with it.”

“That’s cool; so which one are you hoping for?” He asked

“Woman’s because it’s closer to my family, but honestly either would be amazing.” She said as she situated the line how she wanted it.

“Hey, if you got the job at St. Dominic’s we could maybe, possibly hang out some time,” He stated.

Kylee froze mid motion; was he asking her on a.

“You know, like a date,” Kevin added hopefully.

Yep, Kevin Jonas just asked her on a date; well a hypothetical date, but still.

Kylee smiled, “That would be nice.”

Kevin smiled, “Yeah, so now all I have to do is call up St. Dominic’s and convince them to hire you.”

Kylee laughed, “Kevin, I don’t think it works that way.”

Kevin rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand, “Hey, you can’t blame a guy for trying.”

She laughed as she hung the bag on the IV stand, “So you’re all set here and I’ll see you again in about and hour okay.”

Kevin lifted his arm up in astonishment, “I didn’t even feel that,” He said as eyed the tube sticking out of his arm.

She grinned, “I know; it’s because I’m good like that.”

Kevin laughed, “Hey Kylee, what are you doing tonight?”

She shrugged her shoulders, “Nothing why?”

“Want to come to a concert?”

Kylee grinned, “I would love to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is chapter two, and can I say thank you so much for the amazing responce to this story! 20 comments just on 1 chapter, thats so awesome!!

Oh and on a side note: The weekend after I wrote the first chapter I did exactly what Kevin did only I wasn't at sound check( obviously), I was at the LSU VS Appalachia State game (Geaux Tigers!!). I passed out going down the stairs... (Ninety eight degrees at ten in the morning in the bald face sun, with no food or water, yeah)...So not fun!! But I only needed some water, and I got to meet some hott Med students, so all was well.

Comment please!!!